See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here whilst attending the Italy v Scotland rugby match. We were looking for a budget option and Giotto is ideal if you want somewhere clean to lay your head at the end of the day. It's about a 15 minute walk to the nearest Metro (Cornelia) and in a residential area. The hotel could do with a refurb - I'm guessing it was built in the 60's, but the room was clean and the doors are amazing - parquetry I think. The bathroom is functional - 3/4 bath with shower over, loo, bidet and basin. The room is okay but the walls are very thin so be prepared to hear your neighbours conversations. Breakfast is basic - 2 types of cereal, cheese, ham, bread, pastries and croissants with machine coffee/chocolate. This is fairly typical in Italy and perfectly adequate. I would really recommend visiting the Shardana restaurant which is a two minute walk away. Fantastic authentic Sardinian food and really great staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JudieSpoons
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Nice for few nights only. Room is OK, small bathroom, small bathtub just in front of a window so you can not move much because of a window handle. There is hot and drinkable water but brekfast is minimalistic and should be better for 3 star hotel (by minimalistic breakfast I consider that there is no mashed or boiled egs, just cheeze and salamy slices and sweets). Not so nice service. When fresh bread was gone we asked them to bring more but they braught toast bread instead although there was plenty of it already and said that is also bread ???. Coffee is good in the mess. There is a pizza service nearby, 30m from hotel with nice pizzas

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Goran R
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We stayed here for two nights as part of a coach trip and it was so bad it was kitsch! I expected Hercule Poirot to appear any minute. The hotel looks as if it belongs in the 1930s. Our room was small but clean and a tiny ‘shaped into the eaves’ door led into a shower room. The furniture was heavy old fashioned wood. The dining room is in the basement with oilcloth covered tables and wine in wee bottles from a vending machine. No bar so we found a small cafe bar opposite. Food was passable but the whole experience was more like a hostel than a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bar-May
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

NO ROOF TOP BAR..
The reason I booked this hotel was because of the roof top bar in the photos, thought it would be a nice setting after a long day of sight seeing. Well it doesn't exist...
I asked at the reception about the roof top bar and she said no it's closed. On a notice board it stated it was only open in the summer, well if July isn't their summer I don't know what is.

THE ROOM - we stayed in was just about big enough for myself and my boyfriend to stand in! Looked nothing like the 'double room' pictures on the websites gallery.
The bathroom, was just a walk in wet room, so the shower toilet and sink was all squeezed in together.
Only one plug socket in the room, after taking out the tv lead. There was one mirror on the doors of the wardrobe in the room but they were tinted, so you couldn't do your hair and make up in those, one other mirror in the toilet but if you were to use that then do so before showering.
A small fridge in the room that fits a couple of waters, but it doesn't work. A safe in the room, which was no extra charge.

BREAKFAST - another disappointment. This was mainly pastries! A couple of coffee machines (NO TEA)..and 2 types of cereal. There was a toaster machine in the corner working, so I asked staff where the bread is, she replied 'it's finished' even though breakfast was supposed to be supplied 7-10am? We tried breakfast one more morning before we were leaving for the airport and it was the same, again no toast.

GETTING INTO THE CITY- we found the metro service by ourselves, it's about a 15min walk from the hotel, we asked what types of ticket we could get from the kiosk, the bloke was helpful and had good English.

RECEPTIONIST - there was one lady receptionist who was really welcoming, said hello every morning. When asking her for information she was very helpful and even researched trains for us to get to Pompeii.

LEAVING - no thank you for staying with us, I hope you've enjoyed your stay, just asked for a city tax payment, we stayed 4 nights and had to pay 32euros.. no offer of a baggage hold or have a safe flight home..nothing. Customer service POOR.

Thank god we were out everyday sight seeing, because otherwise this experience would have ruined my first trip to Rome.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lauragraceskipp
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a city break as a treat for my wife's birthday. I chose this hotel because of the pictures of the rooftop garden bar only to be told on our arrival that it was no longer available.on top of that the bar that they had in the restaurant did not open unless there was a group in the hotel and the restaurant did not open either for the sale of evening dining.and no tea or coffee making facilities in the room. (But they did have a vending machine) As this hotel is a bit out of the way I did think that it would be a must for a so called 3 star hotel to have facilities in your room. Chambermaid was excellent. We will not be going back for a second visit.
Martyn