“Not for the English”

Hotel Giada
Ranked #1,106 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Hotel very well located near Termini Station

Did not have any Tourist Information in Englishor any English channels on the Tv despite having over 150 channels.

Price average for this standard of hotel. Breakfast fine but the lady in charge does not enjoy her job which can be seen in her attitude.

No stairs have to rely on the one lift

Room Tip: Ask for one at the front
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 April 2013

My wife and myself were in this hotel for Easter of 2011 and had absolutely nothing to complain about. The hotel rooms were cleaned on a daily basis, the staff (from the receptionists to the maids) were all helpful & corteous and most of all the hotel was in a very central location. Breakfast could be better as regards the variety, but all in all it was fine. For those who are expecting much, please look away, but for those who are looking for a decently-priced 3 star hotel in the heart of Rome, Hotel Giada is just fine. If and when we shall be returning to Rome, we'd definitely consider to return there.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ecurmi
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have to admit that sometimes I wonder about the expectations that reviewers have about the hotels that they stay in. The Hotel Giada has garnered some less than enthusiastic reviews here which made me wonder if I had selected the appropriate hotel for our four day stay in Rome.
The first thing to understand is that this is a budget hotel. It boasts three stars, but that means little. It does, however, have a great deal going for it. Firstly, location. Literally five minutes from the Termini Railway Station and bus stand, it is ideal for those arriving at the Leonardo da Vinci Airport. The journey from the airport to the station takes 35 minutes and 5 minutes later you are checking in.
The member of staff on reception was welcoming and helpful. On the evening we arrived the lift (shared with the hotel next door!) was under repair and he showed us to the service lift across a yard. The next day the main lift had been repaired.
Our room was perfectly adequate, if a little 'tired'. The bathroom was equipped with a shower, basin, wc and bidet and a hair dryer. The bedroom has a desk, chair, tv as well as a comfortable, if slightly hard, bed. The room was serviced every day with fresh towels supplied. Double glazing kept noise levels low.
Breakfast, served from 7-9:30 am consisted of a self-service choice of rolls, toast, cheese, butter, jam, cornflakes and orange juice with a waitress delivered coffee and fresh pastry. Perfectly adequate for the start of a long day of sightseeing.
Wifi is available free in reception only, but seemed reliable and not too slow.
All in all this is a good, cheap, centrally located hotel which serves well as a base for your exploration of the Eternal City.

Room Tip: We were in room 5, second floor, perfectly good and close to the breakfast room!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bkfrombrum
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Room very basic but clean continental breakfast fine , Location perfect, for the price it cost it's a bargain for the location if you want more mod cons and like to live the high life it's not for you but if you want somewhere cheap what is perfectly acceptable as a base to explorer Rome you could do a lot worst.
Adam Blackburn England

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adam412
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night in Rome with my wife. Originally we booked our night in Giglio dell'opera hotel. When we reached there the receptionist told us that the tub in our room was out of service and he cannot give it to us and the rest of the hotel was booked so he sent us to hotel Giada which was just across the street ( a ver known scam between three stars hotels in Rome).

Best thing about the hotel is it's location. It is a few minutes walk to the central train station Termini. Staff at the reception were efficient they checked us in and out quite fast. The waitress in the restaurant was quite friendly.

Breakfast was very basic (one kind of bread, jam, cereals, juice). Coffee was may be the worst we had in two weeks in Italy.

Room was very small with basic furniture and nit air conditioned. Toilet was tiny with no amenities at all (which was expected in a three stars hotel in Rome). The room looked so shabby, bed sheets and pills cases looked quite old.

I summary it is a good deal if you get it for $ 50, a backpacker who want a place to sleep and have a shower, or you want to spend a night near the termini.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank May675
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My dream has always been to visit Rome so for our honeymoon we used all the money that we received from our wedding to book a trip. We arrived on 4th August 2012 and my goodness, I have never stayed anywhere so so awful!! It does not deserve even 2 stars!! Our room was depressing, dated, smelly and dangerous! Trying to turn the light and fan on I tripped all the electrics out and they wouldnt come back on! A maid had to jiggle the switch around very dangerous. I went into the bathroom and the smell when you ran the tap was unbearable! I was so upset so went to complain. They did move us and the second room was much better, bearable for the 3 nights. The hotel was so noisy, the lift constantly broke, and when we were checking out with all our luggage which my Husband had to carry down 3 flights of stairs. Also weirdly it shared the building with a second hotel next door, didnt quite get that! The breakfast was disgusting and staff on the desk very rude!!

I would NEVER stay there again! Was very jealous walking by some of the other hotels that looked beautiful and air conditioned!!!

Room Tip: Dont stay in Room 5!!!!!!!! Awful!! Room 27 was bearable :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ami D
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The Hotel alas is more a 2.5 star Hotel. I have read reviews and this is my finding
Staff are helpful and friendly Rooms are clean and beds are good,
Showers work ok though they look warn out especially the doors but still very clean
Room are not small and are spacious.

Wallpaper and look show of being very old and the place does need a touch up to make it nicer
Laminet flooring is noisy and when they clean becareful you can slip on it.

The lift is slow, only one and it is shared with another Hotel. wifi only possible in the small foyer
Advantage if you just want to sleep and spend all the time out in Rome. Then I recommend this place to come after all a goodnight sleep is what you need.

If you want romantic and treat your lady only go 4 to 5 star.

I think it was a bit pricey for the room but location is good for arriving from the airport
If you can ask for room 12 it was the best of 3 I was offered.

Lastly breakfast was so basic geared for the european not the english
They only do Continental Breakfast: Croissants, coffee ot Tea, milk bread butter and various jams
DO not be afraid to ask for an extra croissant you will be given it.
The Lady is really a happy person though she looks fed up.

Reception Staff, Thyue will there best to make your stay and best as possible and are helpful for finding your way around Rome.

One last thing do not go on tours to the Vatican from Termini it si a rip off
you can do it yourslef for no more than 30- euros, Day pass 6 euro and Sisteen chapel 15 Euro.
and & euor for going to the top of the basilica. I added this as the hotel advised a package of 60 euro for the same thing.

Hope this helps.

thanks
Mark

Room Tip: Room 12 was the nicest Get that iof you are staying there.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple