“Good value, convenient location, really helpful staff”
Review of Hotel Columbia

Hotel Columbia
Ranked #101 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is near the central termini railway station. Many bus companies from the airport stop there, for 4- 6 Euro one way. The hotel is then a short walk away and also a 15 minute walk to the main sights. The hop on hop off bus stop is also nearby and some churches and Bellini statues a few minutes away. The staff are helpful at any time of the day and there are some fun eating places nearby. The rooms are an average size with good quality linen and towels and choice of pillows. They are spotlessly clean! The breakfasts are good and can be eaten on an outdoor terrace, weather permitting. This hotel is good value for its location in a capital city.

Room Tip: Rooms high up are away from any road noise althougfh the road is not a busy one
1  Thank Stebel14

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

A truly excellent experience! In my very short stay of less than 24 hrs (just an overnight stay to catch a flight) I had outstanding personalized customer service by every one of the four hotel representatives I came in contact with. (Not to mention the lovely personalized welcoming emails received before and after my stay) Each shift of the front desk representatives and maid were not only friendly and helpful but more than willing (and capable) to accommodate my every need. My greatest impression was that my wifi connection continued to faultier and the desk clerk helped to ensure after numerous attempts himself that I received a good connection. Further more my pickup from the hotel was early (well before breakfast) and so I asked if I might have room service... Instead I was offered a prepared take away breakfast which was held for me at the front desk as I rushed out early in the morning! On all levels, service nearer to the quality of a 5 star.
Bravo! Grazie mille!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for three nights in early May. We were accompanied by three other couples. I had read several reviews before I left and had noted how positive they all were. I have to confirm that the reviews were justified because we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Our room was spotless and despite the fact that it overlooked the main road, was quiet. All of the staff were very polite and helpful, desk receptionist were always available to assist us with directions or recommendations. All of the room staff always greeted you wherever you saw them. The catering staff were attentive and helpful. The king sized bed was really comfortable with a free choice of different pillows. The breakfasts were basic continental style but plentiful, and the open rooftop dining area was brilliant. We availed ourselves of the hotel bar each evening and were very impressed at the reasonable tariff on checkout. I am never afraid to add negative comments to my reviews, but on this occasion it is impossible as Hotel Columbia provided us with the perfect getaway.

Room Tip: Any room seems fine
1  Thank stevedavies1927
Reviewed 14 May 2014

A well run hotel with the personal touch. Ideally situated to visit the city sights with the stopping point for the city bus tours a short walk away. The room, though small, was perfectly adequate and comfortable - extra pillows were not a problem. We breakfasted and had our evening refreshments on the terrace with the staff only too willing to help. The reception staff were efficient and friendly offering good advice on restaurants and directions. This was our second trip to Rome, and a third at the Columbia is a distinct prospect.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I have recently returned from our third holiday in the beautiful city of Rome. We stayed at Hotel Columbia and we were impressed on a daily basis with the level of service provided. Whether the breakfast/refreshments area or reception, the friendliness and willingness to help was quite superb. Some of the staff have been at the hotel for a number of years which also speaks volumes regarding the culture and general ambiance of the hotel. Should we return to the eternal city, we shall certainly stay at Hotel Columbia.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We followed the reviews and were pleased with the hotel overall. Lets get to the point, the staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean. The rooms are small and beds and pillows were not the most comfortable. Good position and two great restaurants within 100yds ( ask reception as the are some poor ones too!)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ballouboy
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Only now getting around to writing my review having visited Rome for 3 nights with my husband in September 2013.

This hotel was perfect for us, particularly as we traveled to Rome from Venice on the train as the station was literally around the corner about a 2 mins walk. It was a great base for seeing all the amazing sights.

We were booked in for bed and breakfast and what was lovely about this hotel was the roof top breakfast terrace. It was great having your breakfast in the sun on the terrace, listening to the hustle bustle as you chilled out, made me smile. Breakfast was plentiful and the waiting staff were very attentive, remembering our tea and coffee order the next day.

The rooms were quite small and of course basic but as it was a 3 star and we'd read up before hand, we weren't disappointed. We used this hotel for a base only and it was perfect, in fact we would book again when we return.

The reception staff were extremely helpful and stood out as they really went out their way to help us and recommended where to avoid in terms of pricey restaurants.

Just to note, in case you need to go to a pharmacy, avoid the pharmacy at the station, the guy there was so arrogant and rude and gave me the most useless of treatments which I threw in the bin having cost me 10 euros almost immediately after leaving the shop - he seemed to treat tourists with a total lack of respect!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple