“A good place”

Ranked #676 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Wicklow, IE
“A good place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Had stayed before and it has been renovated since. Stayed on 3rd floor. I got a very good room, big enough, very comfortable bed and slept well for the 4 nights. The bathroom, shower etc we're very good. Plenty for breakfast and very good concierge who took care of bags etc. the Wifi wasn't hectic but there is free wifi on the square in the cafe around the corner beside the pharmacy

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Happy_IE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Having booked this hotel from Australia it's difficult to know just what you will get for your money.. You get a hotel room from right out of the 60s room so small it's impossible to open you suitcase without you back against the wall. The shower over bath is for extremely small petit persons . Breakfast is ok but just basic continental style breakfast ok for me but not buffet and you can order eggs as you like. The evening front of house manage is better suited to being an under taker as he has the same personality. House staff are not at all friendly or helpfull ,I suggest to get better value is to book a room at the Intercontinental same price better location and you will leave wanting to return. The one plus for Hotel Anglo Americano is it's location

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank thai-riffic

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great location and great hotel. Staff so helpful and very friendly. Great breakfast. Would stay again definitely. Buses and trains very close and easy to use. Booked a train fare to Florence and staff then printed tickets from email without being asked. Nothing a problem

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Twins1986
Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Staff were friendly and helpful so no probs there. Having to pay for internet was annoying and not expected seeing as we thought it was a 4*. Breakfast is disappointing to say the least, all you have is cereal, cakes and some salty sausage and egg (all cold), very cheap decor and basic facilties, i don't appreciate wiping my mouth with a waterproof plastic/paper napkin! The refurb they go on about is rough and as chaep as possible.
No coffee facilities in room, no kettle or anything just plastic cups for tap water. Mini bar - yes but only drinks. You cannot get coffee in the hotel after breakfast.
Mattress hard, pillows bad. Shower cubile only fit for small child and you will spend you time bashing your elbows on the sides. Small rooms.
Location good, close to Trevi Fountain. Nice and clean.
Just a shame we thought we were staying in something a bit nicer than we got. I have had the same if not better from a Travelodge.

Room Tip: We stayed on level 6. Nice and quiet at the back.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sweetie_suzi
Birkirkara, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed at the Hotel Anglo-Americano for four nights in March 2014. Stay proved excellent from start to finish and we were very happy with our choice of hotel.

Location: The hotel is just round the corner from Piazza Barberini and is surrounded by restaurants and cafeterias. It is also within walking distance from all major attractions (most notably Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps) and a metro stop (Barberini) is found one minute walk away from the hotel, which proved to be very convenient.

Room: The hotel room is by far the biggest and most spacious we have ever had for a twin room when visiting a city. The bathroom was very roomy and well-planned and we had a large bath. The room had plenty of space to move about. I must say that the room did not have free wifi but we knew about this before hand, but it is something the hotel management should consider. We also had no problem with noise even though our window overlooked the piazza as the window had double-glazing. Having read other reviews, I was worried about the room being too hot with the central heating, however we just switched it off when it got too much and didn't have any problems with it. The room was very clean and had a nifty charger thingy in it, with which we could charge our gadgets without having to buy any adaptors. I was very impressed.

Food: The breakfast served was delicious and abundant. The breakfast area is not very big but we never had any problems finding a table. The hotel served a wonderful variety of croissants and other items, with enough to choose from to vary your breakfast from day to day. The toaster seemed to be out of order when we visited, but we didn't mind too much as there was plenty of other food to choose from to make up for it.

Staff at the hotel were incredibly accommodating and even though we had a number of questions to ask (since it was our first time in the city) they were ever so helpful.

All in all this proved to be a very pleasant stay. I would definitely stay at the same hotel were I to visit Rome again and would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JenCos
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed for 7 days, and found the location to be perfect. Close to Trevi and Spanish Steps, and shopping. Train station is around the corner, and this will easily get you anywhere you need to go.
Hotel room was very small, and hot, I didn't bother complaining about the air con not working, as it was cold outside, but nights were a little uncomfortable.
Wifi cost €5 for a 24 hour time based used, which easily got me through the 7 days.
No tea or coffee making facilities, and breakfast doesn't start until 7am, so early morning starts I had to miss out.
There was a fridge and safe in the room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Julie S
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Very bad attitude, when I asked how come it so hot and the air condition is not working, I got a story like I'm stupid that never visit other hotels in Rome, I came for business and it was the first time I had to pay for internet access and not only the level of the internet quality was really bad, when I was disconnected before the 24 hours I paid for end, again the guy in the reception told me it is my fault because I tried too much and the server stop. When I asked what I need to do now, he said, pay again.... bottom line, I will never ever come back to this horrible hotel, and if you can avoid it, don't go there as well.

3 Thank MironRazKafman