“clean hotel in the middle of everything”
Review of Hotel Executive

Hotel Executive
Ranked #1,115 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Jacksonville
“clean hotel in the middle of everything”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The Executive Hotel in Rome was sparce but very clean. The staff was helpful and spoke English.Breakfast was provided free. The price was reasonable. I took a taxie right up to the door. a very small lift was available.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was quite scared coming here. I'd read the reviews and I was bringing my 82 year old grandmother in what would probably be her last overseas holiday.

The walk from the tube station took it out of her. It's only 1/2 mile so fine for most folk.

The hotel is what I would say is faded grandeur. BUT it's not as bad as some of these on here make out. The wifi works fine for me (gran is in the bedroom watching eastenders on the I pad - enough said..)and they put us in 207 so I could have a big balcony for gran to sit out on in the evening

Breakfast is fine. Everything for me is fine. If your looking for splendour this isn't it. If your looking for decent price decent location decent service and accommodation and are not looking for the ritz then I would recommend.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Gazzz79
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I don't really get all the negative reviews this hotel managed to gather on tripadvisor. We had already booked the hotel by the time I thought to check the reviews on this website and I got pretty freaked out by its bad reputation. However, my wife and I just returned from a five night visit to Rome and we found Hotel Executive quite satisfying.

I see that many people keep mentioning the "four-star" aspect and how this hotel doesn't deserve it but I get a feeling these people haven't traveled that extensively. True, this is by no means a resort hotel, like a reviewer has already pointed out, but it is typical of hotels in Europe (i.e small rooms, modest breakfast bar, tiny elevators). If you're the type to nitpick then I'm sure you will find plenty wrong with Hotel Executive (stained carpet/walls and the like). I knew exactly what to expect so I wasn't surprised in any way, neither pleasantly nor unpleasantly.

What I cared about was that the hotel was in a good and safe area of town, in walking distance from basically anywhere important. The room was small but I have a hard time imagining why anyone would want to spend time in their room when visiting one of the most beautiful cities in the world. My wife and I basically just retreated to our rooms late at night and just to shower and go to bed. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet so we could always get a good night's sleep. The view was also nice. The room had a safe, which was great. I was however, displeased that they never changed the sheets while we were there (I accidentally stained my pillow-case with a drop of wine on our first evening so I could tell it was the same). Wifi sucks.

The staff was helpful if not overly friendly but they did give us some pretty bad information regarding the shuttle buses that leave from the central station to the airport (the bus station was not where they told us and the buses don't leave nearly as often as they said so we might have gotten to the airport too late had we not left the hotel with much time to spare).

In conclusion, if you're the nitpicking type, definitely don't stay here. If you just want a decent room in a good and safe area of town then Hotel Executive is more than adequate.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 402 which has a balcony (most don't) so that was nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AndreiCherascu
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

No way a 4 star ! ........................
My friends and I stayed here after having our hotel changed by Easy Jet holidays.
We were in room 501
Carpet was badly stained,the air con control was hanging by the wires,there was black mold on the tiles in the bathroom.This room was small compared to my other 2 friends who were in 504.Internet was very hit and miss in public areas.
However it was reasonably clean, breakfast was fine, reception and staff in the dining room were very helpful.
What the place needs is money spent on a referbishment and upgrade.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Tzyana

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Αθήνα, Ελλάδα
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Nothing remind us a four star hotel. Small rooms, not very quiet especially if you are close to the elevator. Bathroom very clean. Unsatisfied restaurant and poor breakfast. The receptionist were polite and helpful. We expected something better but the beauty of the city recompensed us.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank maru_vl
Fonthill, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed there during March Break 2014. I wasn't expecting a resort hotel, but our rooms were clean and quiet. Breakfast was great. The front desk were always helpful if not overly friendly. Judging by breakfast the hotel was quite full, and yet we never heard noise while in our room. We spent 6 nights there, and we were very pleased.
As for the other reviews that complain about small elevators(really?), all I can say is that I did not go to Rome to be impressed by hotel elevators! This place was close to the many things that I wanted to see,

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gregory G
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, got into the hotel in the morning, checked in and made our way in the VERY TINY lift to our floor (I cant stress that enough, we luckily only had a sports bag between the 2 of us and even that was a struggle). Once we were out of the lift we discovered a very unpleasant smell.....like the sewage line had burst. The smell wasn't that bad in our room but it was still lingering.
Once in the room, the bathroom was huge which was a good point, the rest of the room however left a lot to be desired. It was dark, although it had clad windows that could fully open, the tv was not what you would expect in a 4 star hotel, the beds were 2 singles pushed together even though we had paid for a double room. The room its self was quite large, however there were stains and burn marks in the carpet.
There were 2 good points to the hotel, the first being that one night my fiancé wanted a beer but after having walked around all day couldn't find any shops around the hotel that he could just buy a bottle of beer from, so he went downstairs to the bar/dining room where they serve breakfast to find no staff there, he went to the gentleman at reception and asked if he could buy a beer and the man said no not from here, but then he very kindly sold my fiancé 2 beers and even put them in beer glasses for him.
The second good point to the hotel was the night before checkout my fiancé went and booked a taxi for us and the following day we were pleasantly surprised to find a Mercedes sitting there waiting for us. To put it into perspective a taxi from the airport to this hotel is 48 Euros, however the private car was only 50 Euros, now this may seem a lot but neither of us speak Italian and hey, we were on holidays so we had a little extra money to splash instead of taking a train/shuttle bus to the airport.
All in all, I wouldn't recommend or stay here again. It is about a 20-30 min walk from 2 of the major attractions being the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps, and by no means would I call this a 4 star hotel but Rome is an expensive city accommodation wise but im sure there are better hotels out there, closer to the attractions that are actually 4 star!
Also don't forget the 'City Tax' they charge you on check-out, its 3 Euros per person per day. We were told about this upon check-in and we asked if we could pay for it then instead of at check out and we were rudely told no!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd Floor and the smell was terrible
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple