“Terrible Location & Dirty Rooms”
Review of Hotel Executive

Hotel Executive
Ranked #1,133 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have traveled to Europe many times and am by no means fussy. However this hotel was an absolute disappointment and I am very angry that gotoday.com portrayed this hotel as 4 stars. The location is awful, no where near the heart of Rome or even a subway stop close by. Upon walking into our room there was an immediate dank smell throughout. There were stains on the carpets and mold & mildew in the bathroom. I honestly have stayed in nicer hostels. The breakfast included was nothing special or particularly appetizing. The elevators are very old and we felt safer taking the stairs. I have always appreciated the charm and quaintness of European hotels but this place is by far one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. Avoid.

Room Tip: "Avoid hotel altogether"
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jessica B

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We spend 3 days in this hotel at the end of July. It was Ok. Very helpfull stuff, we like breakfast, our room was OK also, we had a very nice balcony with a city view, good Wifi connection, everything was ok. Although I wouldn´t say that it is four star hotel, but we were glad of our staying there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Arusyak
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My friend and I had been travelling for a month interailling and staying in hostels and therefore for our last night in Rome decided to book a hotel which is rated as a 4* hotel. However, on arrival we received a cold and unhelpful reception from the member of staff behind the desk. Our room was very dated with an old tv, old wooden rails in a gap in the wall as a wardrobe, dirty walls, no shower curtain in the bathroom, and the WIFI did not work in our room. When I went down to reception to explain that the WIFI was not working, the member of staff repeatedly shouted the password at me and saying "it is working, there is nothing I can do". This was bad enough, but then in the evening our toilet would not flush. I called reception at 11:50pm to explain to them the issue and the man on the phone hung up on me. When I called back he replied with "there is nothing I can do madam, I am alone" and said we could have a refund on the room. My friend and I went down to reception to try and resolve the situation. When we got there he was rude and abrupt with everything he was saying to us. He said there was no way he could change our room, nothing he could do, and if we wanted a refund we would have to go through the agency. He never offered and alternative bathroom for us to use until we asked him if there was, which he told us there was a public one on the first floor we could use "if we had to". He took us up the stairs to show us where it was and the handrail fell off when I held onto it. The whole way through he was muttering under his breath and sighing as if we were an inconvenience to him, offering no customer service at all. He came up to look at the toilet in our room, pressed the flush button, turned around and said "yes it's broken, there is nothing i can do" and left us in the room. I would not recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room in this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Megan S
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Several e mails prior to our arrival... Not answered and a room that constantly smelt of sewage. Location ok but not near a metro station even tho the chaps on reception told me only 10 minute walk . Even if I chose to run I couldn't do it that quick and in 95 degree heat? Never!breakfast not too bad but nothing special and I requested toast but couldn't do it apparently.
Rome is superb but this hotel is not good so next time will spend a few quid more for bet everything I reckon

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Simondo44
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Despite the fact that the position of the hotel is quite good, we would never return to this hotel.
If you can overlook the heaps of garbage cans along which you must pass to enter the hotel, the slowness of the two elevators and even the horrible smell in the hallways and in the room, it's impossible to overcome the poor quality of staff dealing with cleanliness. In the 3 days in this 4 star hotel, they never changed the towels and linen. In the third evening my husband was not able to find his pajamas. Finally we found it thrown away, on the floor, behind the curtain! In the morning when we checked out the hotel we were shocked to see the pile of fresh towels, ready for the new series of tourists, slammed on the floor of the hall, in front of our room.

Room Tip: To look for another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeorDana
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We arrived in Rome from Austrailia on about June 19 and made our way to the hotel. We booked in and were met by a not so friendly man behind the counter. We made our way to the room. This was a small room but that was not a major issue. There was a smell of mildew about the room. We made a query of upgrading the room but was told that ALL THE ROOMS WERE THE SAME. Went back to our room to try to make the best of it. Turned on the air conditioner as it was a very hot day for early June. The A/C was very noisy. One of us took our shoes off and found that the carpet was very wet under floor near one side of the bed. It appeared that the aircon was leaking and checking out the aircon it appeared that there was a leak. We informed the man behind the counter that the carpet was wet and the aircon was noisy. He could not care less about it and basically brushed us off. We then left the hotel and found another hotel that had a vacancy. We went back to the Exective, packed our bag and booked out. We once again brought attention to the person behind the counter about the state of the room and the wet carpet. He was not interested in the least and at no stage did he show any indication that he actually was interested. I got the impression from this arrogant individual that he did not like foreigners and considered that we were scum because we could not speak Itialian. During out stay in Italy we stayed in other 5 hotels and cannot speak highly enough of the treatment that we received. There is no way that this is a 4 Star hotel. Maybe a 2 Star at the best. As for the staff that we dealt with he was an absolute disgrace in his manner and his treatment of us. If you can help it stay as far as you can from this hotel.

Room Tip: A good room would be in another hotel.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Maggie4023
Reviewed 26 June 2014

room is decent for the price. breakfast is good. just beware the staff will take it as a very personal insult if you don't drink their coffee. pretty decent location. found it odd that the shower had no curtain. there's an actual key that you have to leave at the front desk when you leave the hotel.

this isn't the nicest place but if you're going to Rome to spend time in your hotel room then find someplace else.

Room Tip: some rooms on the first floor can receive the wifi signal.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple