“fantastic”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 18 April 2014

great wine, many kinds of good wines and really good tipical italian food, tastes from the country in the heart of the eternal city. a real paradise for your tongue! and most of all, LIVE MUSIC! check on monday and friday, cousy traditional and original music.

1  Thank Claudio2014169

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We visited this restaurant following Trip Advisor reviews. Great food, good quality and tasty. We ate outside and were made very welcome by the host, a lovely lady. The wine menu was varied and the recommended red wine excellent. We spent a very pleasant evening here, and would visit again if we are back in Rome in the future.

3  Thank Kriskirb
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This lovely wine bar/restaurant is run single handed by the charming owner and chef, Raffaela. The wine is good and reasonably priced and the food, which consists of antipasti, salads and some more substantial dishes like lasagne is excellent

3  Thank Will059
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My fiance and I stumbled across this place on a Sunday evening as so many other restaurants were closed. Beautiful, traditional italian restaurant serving only a small selected menu and didn't speak a word of english, but fortunately I'd done my homework and got by with my phrase book and the helpful lady/ owner serving us.
Food was first class, we had three courses, coffee and wine that I asked the host to select for us and it has to be said the best white wine we tried on the entire trip to Rome. Thank you.

2  Thank maxlucybath
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We ate at this unpretentious vineria 3 times during our visit to Rome. Initially, because it was close to our hotel and seemed reasonably priced; but we returned because the food was so good and the staff so quietly welcoming and helpful.

It is located not far from the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore and the rail teminus. It has indoor and a few outdoor tables, and as the temperatures were well into the 30s at the time - surprisingly enough for late September - we dined outside. (It doesn't have/didn't use any air conditioning) The street was not busy in the evening so there was no continous traffic to disturb our meal, and the road looked down towards the city centre providing a wonderful sunset and night-sky-scape.

The food was fairly simple, but fresh and delicious. My favourites were the pear and cheese salad and the mushroom lasagne, which were both fresh-tasting and flavoursome, and the desserts matched up to that high standard, including the wonderful ice-creams. The other items on the menu looked equally enticing, and I only wish we had had more opportunity to try them all.

As befits a vineria, there was a large choice of wine, but we stuck to the house red and white, both of which were very good indeed.

In all, a lovely find, which I would recommend to anyone who wants a simple and, for Rome, comparatively inexpensive meal slightly off the beaten track.

4  Thank garlandWiltshire