“not the nicest.. but clean”
Review of Appia Park Hotel

Appia Park Hotel
Ranked #608 of 1,268 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We were billeted at this hotel (in their annex building) when we attended a 2-day conference. It's outside the Appian Wall, therefore far from the city center. There is a bus stop near the hotel but a taxi is more convenient for us.
My sister and I shared a room. The hotel room is clean but it's just small. We don't have space to walk on once we opened our luggage. Bathroom was also small.
The great part is that wifi is free and very fast in the room. Their breakfast is good and the staff were accommodating. There's also a grocery on the other side of the road.
If you want a place that's quiet and far from the bustle of the city, then this can be your place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jing G

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We arrived with a group for a one night stay and were shunted to one of the two buildings separate from the main hotel. We were told there was a lift, which wasn't true, and had to drag our cases up steps to the building and then up a flight of stairs to our 2nd floor room. The room was tiny, with bars at the window, and quite depressing. The bathroom's shower cubicle was fairly small and a large person would have a problem getting in it. Breakfast was OK. It was quite far from everywhere and I would not make a return visit.

Room Tip: Demand a room in the main hotel block.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We were pleased to have english speaking workers since we do not speak Italian. They were very helpful (and there is Wifi access). The bus into the city stops right down the street, get tickets at the newspaper stand across the street (then it was covered by the Roma pass which we got for the 3 days we were there). There is a great little market, cafe and bank across the street. It is a very serene location considering it is right off a busy street. The room was very clean but did smell of cigarettes when we first got there (not too bad, I am sensitive to that). There is a park with Roman Aquaducts a short hike behind the market. Beautiful to see close up (they are enormous).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob_plus_Michelle
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Beautiful Grounds in a quiet location out of town - Perfect for Couples - However Car-Hire would be recommended - The Hotel is close to the main Airport a plus - commuting to Rome Central is a pain without transport although there is a good bus service close by which you need to pre-buy tickets for! All round it is a very good Hotel with a good Breakfast - Room Service Food is limited if you do not want to eat out - however acceptable - excellent hygene throughout the Hotel.

Room Tip: It is a Beautiful Hotel in wonderful secluded surroundings which are perfect for couples on a quiet...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I spent one night here, and the room (505) seemed superficially satisfactory, although it was not very clean. I spent time at the bar and the steward was helpful and attentive, when he eventually arrived.
I ate with a colleague in the restaurant and enjoyed a pleasant steak and some decent pasta well served by an hospitable waiter who was fluent in English.
My nights sleep was spoiled by various factors. The bed was uncomfortable and low, and no clock was provided. Also the plumbing was very noisy whenever a neighbour used their facilities. After a transatlantic flight the ability to see the time easily when half awake is important to me.
When I went to use the bathroom I was surprised to find that the shower cubicle, a minute dirty plastic device, was crawling with small black bugs 1-2mm long. They were not put off by the peeling paint obviously!
I will be posting the video I shot of these bugs. Overall I think this hotel is poorly placed for a tourist, being 30mins by taxi from the centre, and is a bad deal for business travellers because of the sleep quality.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel! I do have video evidence of the infestation of bugs, and will post it on You...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This hotel is the perfetc venue if you play tennis at the nearby club. Other than that it's an average (and big!) hotel. The restaurant is good, service not bad, rooms are cold in winter. Location is a nightmare as the only way to get into the city is by car or taxi. It is right on the outskirts of Rome and it is a very big and teaffic ridden city. No public transport whatsoever. The road outside is a fast teaffic route and no shops to speak of within walking distance

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 5 June 2011

The breakfast is great with wide selection of tarts, fresh coffee and other breads. The reception workers are extremely nice. My biggest COMPLAINT is that THEIR HOUSE KEEPERS STEAL YOUR MONEY... I came back to my room opened my drawer and instead of having 200 euros they had taken 100 of it. Thinking that since I am American I wouldn't know it was missing. So, if you go make sure you keep all your money with you.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends