Appia Park Hotel
US$625
US$414
US$222
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
US$273
US$443
All reviewsciampino airportnuovaaqueductsbuseurope
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel in august 2007 and we really liked it! It is quite far out from the centre of rome, you have to get a bus or the subway into the centre, but we found it no problem at all, the public transport system in rome is easy enough to use, and it was nice to come back to a nice quiet hotel to get some sleep! The rooms were a little on the small side but it didn't bother us as we only used the room for sleeping! The staff were lovely, very helpful with info on how to get into the centre of rome, they'll tell you which number buses to get on and where to change etc. The food - breakfast and dinner - was nice, no complaints there. Overall we really liked it and if we ever go back to rome we would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2008

We stayed her 1 night as we were flying from Ciampino the next morning. We had been travelling in Italy and arrived by train and tried to catch a bus to the hotel as it was situated on a busy road. The hotel was about 500 metres from the train station but on a dual carriageway with no pavements. We managed to catch a bus which tokk us to 500 metres the other side of the hotel and had to walk back along the carriageway (with a pavement part of the way). As there was no restuarant open in the hotel in the evening - we had to walk along the carriageway again to find somewhere to eat.

On the subject of food - breakfast was good and ample. We aslo found a small roadside cafe which serve amazing Pizza (walk away from Rome and cross over at the set of lights)

Our biggest complaint would be that we decided to book a taxi to get to the airport in the morning. We booked this through reception who told us that it was 15 euros (which we thought was expensive for a 3 mile journey but were happy to pay), as it was our last night in the eurozone, we spend all our money and kept about 25 euros (15 for taxi and 10 for drinks at the airport). When we got the taxi, the driver demanded 20 euros and we argued a bit about it but couldn't stay ther for long as we had a flight to catch. So my advice is...

Only stay here is you have a car and if you use a taxi, don't take the receptionists word for the price.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2007

I am writing this because I found travel advisor of some help in planning our trip. I start with the assumption that not everyone's expectations are the same and not every room is alike. The most important thing for my wife and me is that the room be clean and affordable. After all we are only there to sleep after a busy day sight seeing. We were at the Appia Park for three nights on a trip that took us and two other couples to Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. The Appia is located on what appears to be a circumferential highway in the suburbs of Rome. There appears to be no zoning in the area with an automobile dealership, shopping center with a furniture store, Grocery Store and very nice houses surrounding it. They have a conference center and expensive restaurant. The included breakfast was great, in fact the best we had in Italy. It included several meats, pastries, croissants, cereals, fruit, juice, fruits, yogurts, coffee, etc. Major complaint was distance from sites in Rome. (But we were aware this would be a factor). We spent 15 + min waiting time on bus to the underground station and a 20 min ride into the city from there. Figure 45 + min during rush hours. On the positive it did allow us a glimpse of everyday life among the locals. Staff was formal and professional. My other concern was the lack of shower curtain. The other two couples did have one though. We have found this to be the case in other trips to Europe. I guess Europeans prefer tub baths to showers. Since there were six of us we arranged limousine service to the hotel prior to the trip and found this a blessing. The driver was very nice and they can be checked out at: [--]. In summary if I were to return again to Rome I would try to find a hotel closer in.

• Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed 20 November 2006

This was the worst hotel I have stayed in this year. Dinner was mediocre at over 40 Euros for two courses with wine. The room was small and shabby, and there were minimal offerings and poor lighting in the shower-room. The TV had good reception for Italian stations but quality was very poor for overseas channels. The desk-staff were off-hand, answering questions OK but not volunteering additional information. There is a five Euro charge per hour for using the internet in the lobby - I've not been charged for this service for a long time now. Their garden has lots of pots with plastic geraniums in them!!! And they style themselves as a four-star hotel. As mentioned in other reviews, breakfast was very poor and unimaginative with revolting coffee in an urn (although you could order espresso etc if you realised it). I would never come back to this hotel and just cannot imagine how some other reviewers have praised it.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
1  Thank Graham H
Reviewed 5 September 2006

Myself and my wife staye at the Appia Park Hotel in Rome during August 2006 for 1 week. Our stay began with a very nice welcome from a clerk named Allissandro who was extremelly helpful and welcoming...as frequent business traveller I stay in a lot of hotels worldwide and I must say his welcome given that he spoke fluent English was very welcoming. We were directed to our room which was very clean and had everything we needed for our stay. The Hotel was extremely clean and must be commended on it's cleanliness and each morning our room was cleaned and fresh towels placed in our Bathroom. The hotel location is a bit of a trek for those unwilling to use public transport if you are in Rome to see the historical sites. When you leave the jotel entrance you take a left and walk to the second set of traffic lights and cross the road to the Bus stop from here you take the 664 Bus to "Colli Albani" (about a 15min ride depending on traffic conditions) where you go to the Metro Station which is located underground but clearly marked with a RED "M". From here you can take a subway train to "Spagna" which is the Spanish Steps Square. The whole journey once you leave your hotel should take no more than 45mins. WE walked everywhere in rome but we were caught on 2 occassions with the Metro Stations cloaing early...last train is due at 11pm but we found on two occassions that the station closed for maintenenace at 9pm where we had to resort to a taxi ride to the hotel which cost between 18-21euro.
One gripe about the hotel was that the breakfast was poor...!!
It is a continental breakfast and the quality of the food was poor. Juices consisted of undiluted orange and fruit punch..this would be my only gripe with the hotel but would not prevent me from staying at the Appia Park Hotel, Rome...I would stay here again if I was to visit Rome....

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple