“Don't go”

Ranked #1,116 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Milano
“Don't go”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

There’s not really any positive side to this hotel to speak about. First of all location is not convenient to anything really: yes, Parioli is a nice upscale residential area, however it’s quite far from the major sights and not so well connected. Rooms are really ugly, small and dated, not up to any standard: bathrooms may be the best part but they look better than they actually are just because the rest of the room is terrible. The restaurant and lobby are equally shabby and old, not cared at all: breakfast is very average and served in an underground foyer without windows. Service is also not up to level, starting from the front desk: people tend to be curt and surly, not really cheering.
I really don’t know what made this a 4 stars hotels and would not recommend it to anyone: sure, it may be very cheap, however I am sure that with 10€ more you can really get something a lot better.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Bersaglio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I didn't read this website before booking but read before arriving so was expecting it to be bad. Unforunately I couldn't afford anything more expensive. I had no issue with bed bugs and found the staff did help but needed prompting. It was a 20 minute bus ride from the centre of town, I couldn't get wi-fi in my room even though they told me I could. My TV wasn't working and it took me chasing 4 times and then sitting in reception refusing to leave until someone came back up with me. The beds were fine, the room and linen were clean and my room was serviced. It was good just as a bed however not a nice place to spend much time. But it was cheap so perhaps just needs to market itself as a cheap place to stay. Def not 4 stars!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sarah F

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Reviewed 12 June 2012

What a terrible hotel... I always take people's testimonial comments on this site with a grain of salt but I, for once, am in agreement with all negative comments and reviews of this place...

1) had to demand housekeeping on day 3 after room left ignored/uncleaned
2) aweful food safety practices at the breakfast buffet- meat and dairy left out for hours without temperature controls
3) no city maps or tourist information available and only advice is "please madam- go to bus and take it"...
4) the worst - suspected bed bug infection... Staff adamantly denied any previous issues.... Seems to me, by the pictures, was a known issue....

I did tell them that I was sad and disappointed that the reviews on trip advisor are correct and they waved me off like a fool.. When in Rome is guess- the only terrible hotel I've had in almost 5 weeks of travel.... And the only time I've felt it necessary to let others know...

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Caltp
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

Rooms .. Very small . Beds made for children ! Matrices I could feel the springs

Banbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2012

A great need for refurbishment throughout the hotel. Black mould or dirt on window frames in breakfast hall. Bedroom while cleaned and fresh linen everyday was tired looking. Noisy at night. The Shower had no curtain and it was impossible to use without having the bathroom like a wet room. Unable to get any refreshments even though bottles were on display. I was very disappointed with breakfast not a good experience for example - the tea/coffee and hotwater were from the one dispenser and all tasted the same - terrible. Bread just white not fresh, fruit -apples or oranges not nice I could go on.
Along distance from the centre of Rome however bus service was ok but too far

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank 209955Asq
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Terrible hotel!!! Worst hotel I ever stayed at and DEFINATELY not worth 4 stars, at the most 1 star although I hesitate if they even deserve a star. Rooms are dirty, once we arrived, after checking in we had to go downstairs to ask if they could clean our room. Hairs of the people before us in the bed and bathroom, mould everywhere in the bathroom, shower was to discusting to shower in, television didn't work, toilet leaked, everything was old and it seemed as if they had not cleaned the room for the last year. Unfortunately we booked for 5 days and in these 5 days they did make up the bed (if you leave your room before 09.30) but never cleaned the bed so we were lying underneath the same sheets for 5 days, and that for a 4 star hotel?!? Bed's are as hard as the floor and all exist out of 1-person beds so you can hardly call it a double bed. If you have any issues with your back I would definately not advise this hotel eather. Breakfast was terrible too and service? I think they have never heard of the word service before. Regarding the location, it isn't nearby the city at all, the hotel isn't even on the tourist map that's how far away it is from the city center. At least 45min. to the center and there is only 1 bus going there a few times per hour. The hotel is in the middel of a neighbourhood where there is nothing to do at all. We will NEVER EVER stay there again and advise anyone NOT to eather. It's a shame that this website represents this hotel, the foto's aren't even like the hotel looks at all. It is really a waste of your money and time!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have to admit, after reading these reviews I would have changed my hotel if it just were possible. However, I was really pleasantly surprised to see that my hotel room (and supposedly the whole 4th floor) appeared to be recently renovated. The room was spotless, and the bathroom all shiny and clean with marble decorations. Also the third floor was being refurbished during my stay (march 2012). Contrary to some earlier reviews, there was free WI-FI available in all rooms (just ask for the password at reception). You only have to pay if you want to use the computers in the lobby.

Still, I would rate this hotel as a 3-star at best. But for this price, I doubt I could have found anything better. The location was bearable, Termini station easily reachable by bus 360 with seemingly short intervals. There is also a quick (only 2 stops) train connection to Piazza del Popolo from the train station (Acqua Acetosa), about 5-10 minutes walk from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo