Grand Hotel Plaza
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness centre
Carrozze(Rome)
1,488 results
All reviewsvia del corsospanish stepsmarble staircasebeautiful hoteltrevi fountainthe location is perfectwalked everywheretrip to romeattractionsromanvaticancappuccinopiazza
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stunning public rooms in this delightful hotel in a first class location on the Via Del Corso.; well placed for walking to the main locations. Great big high ceiling bedrooms. Elegant small bar. The setting for breakfast is fantastic but sadly the food selection did not quite match with eg tinned pears and no crusty bread. But the breakfast maitre d'hotel, Piero, resplendent in his tail coat, was the epitome of Roman service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon W
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We were on the first floor so we didn't have any view, in fact if we open our two windows we could see a a wall. Te room was big but to smelly and for my allergies this was bad. Good breakfast even do the waitres are grumpy. Great location . Taxi stand in front.great shooping area. Staff to busy just to say Hi. Not very friendly. But for me that I don't need much it was ok. Probably next time I would try another hotel. The terrace is nothing compare with photos its terrible in fact.

Room Tip: If your looking for location, this is a good hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a five star hotel, and we expected it to be more than just the beautiful interior designs, marble stairs and chandeliers.

The room was big but our room needs some fixing. So as the bathroom.
The bed - they still have those spring coil beds, so you hear and feel it on your back. The pillows are too hard and some are too soft that they flatten the longer you lay on them. We informed front desk regarding the pillows, but no action was taken.
They don't replenish toiletries .
Breakfast- unless you paid for a full breakfast, you will only get pastries, ham, bread, fruits,cereals, coffee. It was pathetic!
Staff- this is the only hotel that I have been to that no bellman helped us with our luggage- but he was just standing by the reception area when we entered the hotel.
And reception guy that checked us in - he needs a happy meal!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank anritaa
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I recently visited Rome for the first time and stayed at this beautiful hotel. The location, the service, the room size were fantastic. Everyone was so helpful and even suggested great restaurants, shops, areas to visit and provide directions. We especially liked Kate at the front desk who went above and beyond and booked tours/restaurants.
The location was perfect - we were close to all of the shopping, Spanish Steps, great restaurants. We walked everywhere. Also, we loved the 5th floor deck overlooking the city. We highly recommend those visiting Rome to stay here!! Thank you Grand Hotel Plaza

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked this hotel last minute and it did not disappoint. My room was clean and simple, and I really loved the high ceilings and giant window.

Grand Hotel Plaza a grand dame of a hotel from a different era, and walking through the giant revolving door will take you back in time. Make sure you check out the enormous salon ceiling set back off the lobby and check out the ceiling. I loved being in the thick of it near the Spanish Steps and terrific shopping. The location made is super convenient to drop off my shopping bags and use my bathroom for a quick break.

I let the hotel know I needed my room for early check-in as I was flying in on a red-eye, and although they couldn't guarantee early check-in they were able to accommodate my request for a 9am check-in. Bonus! Big points for that and a big phew, as I really needed some sleep.

Great value for a last-minute booking on a holiday weekend, and a very nice front desk staff.

Room Tip: They will happily show you your room before check-in, just ask. It is an older hotel, so be prepared for things to be a little more worn around the edges. All clean as a whistle, just from a different time.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo