“Far from the city, but kinda ok”

Best Western Hotel Roma Tor Vergata
Ranked #678 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Far from the city, but kinda ok”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stayed here with a friend and only for one night. We reached the hotel around midnight so we didn't really pay that much attention. They provided free wifi in the room tho, so we could still keep up with what's happening back home.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SundayRose13
PARADISO G, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Roma Tor Vergata, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Dear Mr
Thank you for your reviews, and i hope next time you will stay for a long time to benefit our services.

Front Office Manager
Sapone Fabio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mindanao, Philippines
Reviewed 29 November 2012

we stayed here in the hotel for the canonization of Blessed Pedro Calungsod last October 2012. We didn't have the choice since we were booked as a group.
This place was like the farthest place in rome!!! No metro line!!!
We had to take a taxi every time we go out and come back to this hotel which cost 80 euros one way!!! There are no stores nor restaurants around it!!!
staying there was crazy!!!
THe hotel staff were not accommodating at all!!! Very arrogant.
The breakfast buffet starts at 8am so late that we never got to eat at all and some say very limited choices.
The rooms were clean but there were some movements at night...maybe a mouse...i don't know :(
The towels look so old and dirty!!! Even the basic electric kettle there was nothing...they provided plastic cup for water drinking!!! worst ever!!!
The only good thing is that there is a wifi in the room but other than that...there is nothing here!!! stay away!!!

Room Tip: check tripadvisor!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
PARADISO G, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Roma Tor Vergata, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Dear Sirs,
we are very surprised for your negative review.
It's true that we are located in the suburbs of Rome, but we are well connected to Anagnina metro station by the 20 Express Bus Line (bus Stop just a few metres from our Hotel) and by our free shuttle Service.
Moreover next to our structure you can find the shopping center "Le Torri" whit several restaurants and shops!
We are also located near a commercial area with different shopping centers.
All the staff is carefully selected and higly qualified, and they give extreme importance to the customer's care.
The Breaksfast is served between 6.30/10.00 am, although whenever we deal with groups we try our best to organize fixed hours to guarantee a good service.
For other problems you have reported, we assure you that if you had had informed the reception during your stay, we would have changed your room or found a solution.
We hope that this answer was clear and exhaustive, and that you will be our guests again.

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 10 October 2012

In the night of Sep 27,2012, My group tour checked in at this hotel, I heard some noise during 4.00 am. When I turned on the light, I met a mouse in my baggage trying to make a hole to eat something that I bought and kept in my baggage. I, then called to reception until that ring was cut off and I tried it again but this time that line was busy.(????). I & my friend could not continue to sleep until around 6.30 am. I called to inform yr hotel staff again & he came up to my room and saw a mark of some scrap of plastic bag on the floor. He only said that " never found before" (???) But we said, "it happened now". He told me that he would talk to his manager who would come to work at 9.00 a.m. But, we could not wait, we came with group tour that have to go out at 8.00 am. Anyway, I repeated to that staff that I want your response / feedback, but until now nothing happens ....no explanation or even " SAY SORRY/APOLOGY to your customers . I haven't thought that I have to meet a bad experience in the HOTEL name " Best Western " that have chains in many countries. Your hotel probably considers us just tourists not your valued customers who only visit & stay in your hotel just one night & then check out. I & my friend travel a lot & stay in many hotels both in developing countries or even under developing countries, "BUT NEVER NEVER EXPERIENCE LIKE THIS" as well.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Travelling2555
PARADISO G, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Roma Tor Vergata, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear Sir,
we checked immediately the room without finding traces of mice. We inform you that regularly we provide disinfect the hotel and we never had problems of this kind. The customers satisfaction is important to us and so we have immediately changed rooms to customers. However, we would like to apologize to customers if they have had some discomfort.

Yours sincerely,

Giulio Paradiso

Assistant manager
BEST WESTERN Hotel Roma Tor Vergata
cochin
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed here with a group. It's a good 4 star hotel which for sure is not good for individual to visit Rome, but for sure for the groups it's good. I prefer a decent place outside than a congested hotel 3* in the centre. If you are in a group you will enjoy it. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: may be ask for a higher floor room
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank biju_10
Lulea, Sweden
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I’ve just arrived back home after a 7 night stay at Best Western Tor Vergata. I have absolutely nothing positive to say about the hotel. It is located far, far away from the city centre in a shady and rundown area, making it hard to enjoy the nights in central Rom since it is almost impossible to get back to the hotel later than midnight without spending a fortune on taxi.

I didn’t manage to find the swimming pool that is stated in the hotel description. Maybe it is closed or maybe it does not even exist. The beds were rock hard and some kind of rubber protection under the sheet made you feel like you were in a hospital.

Since we had a group booking of 12 rooms we had to eat our breakfast in the basement instead of the terrace at the 5th floor where individuals could enjoy their breakfast. The breakfast in the basement was very simple compared to the one on the 5th floor so the last days we ate up there anyway. Since we were a group we were not allowed to use the free hotel shuttle to the metro station so we had to take the local bus.

On the third morning I woke up and found that mice had bitten their way into my hand luggage, the bag had several holes in it. The hotel manager did not seem to care so much, I had to force him to apologize for the inconvenience and after a long discussion he agreed on compensating me for the bag. He was arrogant and nonchalant and kept saying that it wasn’t his hotel and he couldn’t do anything because “this is Italy”. Totally outrageous behavior and a complete lack of customer service!

We changed room and did not keep anything on the floor for the rest of the stay. Apparently the entire floor (3rd) seems to have a mice problem that the management will not admit. We found droppings on the floor in the bathroom in our new room and friends staying in another room on the same floor also found evidence of the mice.

So stay as far away from this hotel as you can, there is absolutely no reason to book it as it will ruin your entire stay in beautiful Rome. And finally, the grading of the hotel is a joke. I’ve stayed in hostels that were better than this “4 star hotel”.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Sofia L
Austria
Reviewed 18 August 2012

When I stayed in this hotel about a year ago, the new C-line metro was still under construction, as it seems for many other reviewers also here. Until the line is open, its fairly difficult to access the hotel from central Rome.

Otherwise the hotel was good, standard BestWestern, but had serious electricity issues (many power cuts) and very inefficient networking. Considering the costs, I did choose another more central property when visited Rome next time. However when the C-line is operating I am happy to try this property again, hoping they have solved the other issues.

Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Fuchu, Japan
Reviewed 8 August 2012

If you'd like to enjoy your trip to Rome for sight seeing in a relaxed way, choose this hotel in suburb of Rome. The neighborhood is silent residential area, you can go to shopping local shop to purchase anything you need for the trip. Wireless LAN is available to access internet comfortable.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo