“Bed bugs! Beware!” 1 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Hotel Roma Tor Vergata
Ranked #717 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
“Bed bugs! Beware!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

My room was infested with bedbugs
the front desk knew all about it based on what the security guard told me.
In typical Italian fashion they won't do anything about it until it hits their wallets.
Also the place is basically a garbage dump there's garbage piled up in the street in many drug houses around area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Michael L
Tor_Vergata, Responsabile reception at BEST WESTERN Hotel Roma Tor Vergata, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Mr. Michael,

We are really surprised to hear your complaints.
Talking with the staff, they didn't tell me nothing about this problem.
As a matter of fact, if there was any problem and you informed us , we would immediately solve it.
According to us, it is not possible that the security boy has told that the front desk knew this problem.
However, for any problem you should ask directly the reception desk.
Regarding the background, it is the first time that we hear about these facts.
This is a periphery but quiet area. However, we suggest you to check the location before booking.
Hoping to have you as our guest again, we send you our

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The staff were nice and accommodating. The room was cleaned and the linens and towels were changed daily. The Wi-fi was awesome! You still have a signal even outside the hotel by the front entrance. Breakfast was filling. There were hard boiled and scrambled eggs, bacon, Danish, bread, roll, assorted fresh fruits, peaches, cheese, cold cuts, jam, cereal, coffee, tea, and juice. Rome was about 45 minutes away but we were made aware by the booking office. This is a good hotel to stay when you're on a budget.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jed263
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I had read bad reviews but could not change the hotel. It is far away from the centre of Rome and you are looking at about 10-15 mins either with hotel bus or public transport express nos 20 then the metro from anagnina. Then about 30 minutes plus to centre of Rome. Room was standard. Breakfast simple but okay. What was disappointing was the receptionist on the 26 march who when I rang down to ask for the wi fi code asked me to call back in 5 minutes. I called back after 5 and quite rudely she said come down Madame and slammed the phone down. When I went down to get the code she had 1 customer at the desk the other was not dealing with anyone. I asked her not to be so rude she said she was busy. I said I would speak to her manager she said you speak to my manager. Not the sort of service you expect. The other receptionists up to this point had been good. Also very disappointing was the school trip that was also staying on our floor. Three nights on the run we have had to put up with noise in the corridor - young people's raised voices and on the first night knock and run on our door! I hope that they don't ruin our last night! The heating has also been an issue. Extremely hot 27 degrees! I informed reception but nothing was done. Also the phone in the room doesn't work unless you unplug then plug back in! Again informed reception but still the same after it had been reported. So it's a shame to visit such a historical place and have a disappointing stay. If it wasn't for the rude receptionist who's tone could have been better and said I'm really sorry I'm extremely busy would you mind coming down or I'm a bit busy right now can I ring you back then we would have rated the stay average.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank goldsey17
Tor_Vergata, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Roma Tor Vergata, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,

you can find everywhere online all the information about our location.

Therefore, all guests are informed before booking.

We are very surprised regarding your complaints about the staff. We can assure you that all our employees are highly qualified, and they give extreme importance to the customer’s care.

Regarding the other problems, we are sorry that your stay wasn’t pleasant.

Hoping to have you again as our guests,

Best Regards

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

After a hectic & whirlwind city tour of Rome, stayed here at this Hotel like my fellow Group travellers.Needless to say,it was a very nice stay for a night.The interior and ambience of the Hotel is very good.The Room in which I stayed was really excellent with all the amenities.Bed & furniture was very comfortable.Washroom was very clean with elegant shower and hairdryer.They had big LED TV ,32" in the room.Wi-fi was made available.The restaurant in the basement was very nice with beautiful and comfortable seatings.I had Buffet breakfast here which contained a large variety of items and indeed tasty and delicious.I give the score of 8.5 out of 10 and it is worth the money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SAMAREN
bangkok
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We travel in Rome on 20-23 Oct 13 , we stay in this hotel it was terrible to choose this hotel , i can't wait to check out from this hotel, Hotel is far from Roma attaction and subway station, they have shuttle bus but doesn't run offen, sometime they cancel and leave hotel before time table.
Around the hotel area is nothing,have small mall ,no restaurant.
The staff unfriendly, not helpful, rude service,never give information , you need to ask for all information and they don't speak english.
They room was ok, breakfast just simple, food not so fresh.
The wifi doesn't work well.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank kwanla
Tor_Vergata, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Roma Tor Vergata, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Sir,

you can find everywhere on the web all information about our location.
Therefore, all guests are informed before booking.
Regarding your complaints about the staff, we can assure you that all our employees are highly qualified.

Best regards
Sungai Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I had my vacation in Italy on 15 October 2013 and I was staying in this hotel for one night on 16 October 2013 when I visited Rome. This is the very first hotel that left me with terrible experience. When I stepped into the room, it was really ok in term of everything. However, when I was awake around 2.00am and went to the toilet. I realized there was a bug/insect (I didnt know what it is because it was my first time looking at it) on my hand, so I thought it is not harmful so I just washed it away. When I returned to my bed, the first thought after looking at my bed was HOLYSHIT! The surface of my bed was with all these bugs/ insect! Then I began to use tissue paper to get rid of all of it and it was getting more and more when I started to catch it from the pillow till the blanket. It was all over the blanket and the worst part is when I removed the bed sheet and it had even more! It took me almost 45 minutes to get rid of all the bugs/insect. Unfortunately, I dont even know where all the bugs/ insect came from, they just started to come out again from the bed (the bugs might stay within the bed). In addition, not only me bed but my mother's bed was full with these bugs/ insect as well. After 45 minutes, me and my mother were unable to take it anymore. We called out tour guide and she called to the counter. Soon, a staff arrived at our room and we told him that the room is with all these bugs/ insect. He suggested us to change to another room. Shouldn't he at least come inside and take a look and maybe take some photo? or might have taken any action to deal with it? He just stood outside and my mother asked him to come in and take a look himself. I realized he was not so surprised when he looked at it, so I thought maybe he knew it already or this is a normal things that happened( since I am from south east asia, I dont really know whether this normally happened in italy or what). So my mother and I moved to another room and the room was still okay although my mother said she saw 2 sama bugs/ insect and she thought it was okay and no more bugs/ insect is spotted.

On the next morning, we realized some of tour members' room was having the same bugs/insects problem as well. After 2 days, my mother's skin began to appear with some red dots and it was itchy. My mum thought maybe she is allergic to the food or other reason. After 6 days, my skin began to appear with red dots and it was really itchy and it was all over my hands, my stomach, small part at my back and neck and also my legs. My mum was having it at the neck, hands and legs. One of my tour member has red dots on his stomach and his hand was also starting to appear with the red dots. So we were so curious on what gone wrong, I am not allergic to things and food, I often travel around and all the foods I have eaten in Italy is what I had before in my country. So immediately I recalled on what happened in the hotel back in Rome because one of my tour member with the red dots problem was staying in one of the room with bugs/insects too.

The reason I had this thought is because of the bugs/ insects. There was two different bugs/ insects and it should be the same because what differs them is only the shape. One is with flat shape and another is with oval shape. I pressed on the flat one and it has only little blood which I think the blood is from itself but when I pressed on the oval shape one and it has quite a lot blood for a small bug. So I thought this is some kind of blood sucking bugs. I have "googled" for blood sucking bug in bed and the images I got is quite similar from the one I saw and I have taken some photos which I will uploaded it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank skb90
Tor_Vergata, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at BEST WESTERN Hotel Roma Tor Vergata, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Sirs,

we inform you that we have checked all our rooms and we didn't find any insects.

Our structure receives a periodic disinfestation and we are sure that all our rooms are clean.

Best regards
Barry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Although a bit far out from all the attractions Rome has to offer, the staff were very helpful with advice about public transport and the hotel does have a free shuttle bus to the nearest Metro terminus. The restaurant was very pleasant and reasonably priced. Breakfast was more than adequate. All in all we had no complaints.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple