“Not bad”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stopped here for a quick snack and a beer at lunch time in between some sightseeing.

The interior looks a bit 'tired' and needs updating. But the food was ok and the beer price was reasonable for Rome.

Its not anything special for Rome, but if you want somewhere quick and easy to eat this is ok.

1  Thank Ynysforgan_Jack

Reviewed 24 May 2013

During the night of museums in Rome, I decide with some friends to go to take an ice cream near Piazza Venezia because we needed some to delicious and typical of italian to savour in relax. We are going to this place to take some ice cream (it was to late and there aren't a lot of people inside and outside the Castellino's caffè).
We have done before the ticket (we did pay before) and then we wait in front of the counter of the ice cream that some people that work in the caffè serve us. We wait several minutes but nobody arrive. We need to call us the people (that were all to speak in a table) and after other several minutes they give us the ice cream. The people that give us the ice cream didn't use the napkins to take the ice cream cone, there weren't much choice and when we walked up a table the people of the coffè chased out us because they said us that for seat to the table needed to pay surplus. We did give our remonstrance because we had already pay 3 euro and they did give us a lilliputian ice cream! and nowhere in the coffè there was the indication that to seat in the table need pay a surplus. Nothing, they chased out us (there were 3 people to chased out us while to do the ice cream only one people and after that we call him).
I never never never come back in this place.. Rome is a wonderfull place but it is cause of this people and coffè that the turist will remember bad thing of Rome. Never again to the Castellino!

Reviewed 20 May 2013

After a day of power touring I decided to go back to Castellino which I'd walked past on our way to sight see and it turned out to be my only mistake of the day. We sat outside to enjoy the area and it was challenging from the beginning. The waiter was not helpful with the menu and after we ordered he said we couldn't get a glass of water and would have to order bottled water. I spoke with another waiter that brought us each a glass of water. Once we got the food order straight our waiter never came back to check on us; when I saw him passing I had to ask for a water refill. I know we're tourist but can we get some respect! When the waiter said they had no tap water (by the way the tap water is very good) I should of listened when my wife said, "let's leave"... I'm still learning. As a fair review I must say the food was okay..."service sucked"

Reviewed 6 May 2013

The waiter brought us the wrong drinks. Pizza slices that we ordered were cold, sticky and largely overpriced. To make it even worse, the cashier said my credit card transaction was not accepted. I tried to pay twice with credit card and finally was forced to pay by cash. Back home, my credit card appeared to have been charged twice. Please, avoid this place!!!

Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

We walked around looking for somewhere to eat, we stumbled across this place.... We walked in and sat down. The waiter was rude and obnoxious. We looked through the menu, I decided on pizza, my missus on a pasta dish. The waiter stood there and said, 'you cannot have pizza' you can have lasagne, carbonara or another pasta dish, I said lasagne and he said you can't have that either now!!! Bloody joke... We both had carbonara... We watched them slap it on a plate out of a hot plate, 'ding' it in the microwave and serve it us straight from there.... It had exploded on the plate from the microwave, it was served as such.... We were not offered any salad, bread or condiments.... Best thing was we watched them serve the table next to us both pizza and lasagne!!!! Couldn't believe it!! Would recommend that you avoid this at all costs.... Then took us 15 mins to get the bill before we could leave. Need I say more!!