“Just a 2.5-star hotel”
Review of Aphrodite Hotel

Aphrodite Hotel
Ranked #484 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in September 2013. I got the hotel from priceline.com under the 'name your own price' category and only to discover that the savings I had was a miserable US$3 per night!! The Priceline website claimed that "Our deluxe 4-star hotels have all the comforts a deal hunter could want with fabulously furnished guest rooms and extra amenities to make your stay extra comfortable". I had read many bad reviews on this hotel but have to stay with it unless I decided to forfeit my payment. The reviews are right! Priceline had failed to assess the hotel correctly or they have simply ignored it. The furniture are old with some even tore apart. The bed crackles when I laid on it. Laminated tiles are separated from the flooring. The walls are dirty with lots of water mark…. The worst part is their bathroom. The shower area is merely 64cm by 64cm!! Unless you are very slim, you cannot stretch out your hands, needless to say I cannot even bathe properly. The shower gel is placed inside a cheap dispenser and there is no holder for your toiletries. I placed my toiletries on the washing basin which requires me to walk to and fro during showers. There were no drainage (except shower area) in the bath room. The floors are wet and slippery after bathing. In one occasion, I slipped and fell causing a bump on my head. When I talk to the hotel staff about the size of their bathroom, there are also a mother and daughter traveller requesting to change to a room with bigger shower area. The staff replied that there are only 3 rooms in the hotel with larger shower facility but all are not available.
After checking out your room and if you decided to keep your luggage with the hotel temporarily, you may want to consider bringing your valuables with you. This is because the depositary room is not lock and accessible by anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kamen99

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Our room was small but clean. Nice bathroom and shower. Easy to find as opposite termini. Not sure how it's 4 stars as no shampoo even included. Staff seemed nice, breakfast was ok. Best thing is it is easy to get buses, sightseeing tours and opposite a spar.Nice restaurants and bars within walking direction. Seems a bit pricey as more like a 3* hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Right where do I start with this?
Location: as the title suggests, it's worst and best thing. The location is perfect to access most places but, it's on a Main Street which is not at all pleasant. Room 106 is the worst room ever. The street is noises and shop alarms are going off, tramps are sleeping around and drunks are hanging around.... This is not a nice area, but so close to the station it's just works somehow.
Rooms: as mentioned avoid room 106 with a barge pole, Anything on the lower floor for that matter.... As a sole traveller this was by far the tiniest room I have ever come across in my travelling times. It's perfectly adequate though and completely basic. One pillow on the bed was a not nice and they have this lampshade attached to the bed that's annoying. The mattresses are really hard too. The en suite was really nice though and very oh water with excellent pressure. The rooms were clean.One eve I was so tired and was getting a temperature and there's was so much noise on the Main Street, alarms going off every 2 minutes all night, eventually I phoned reception to move me but they couldn't , I was so exhausted and just wanted to sleep I was reduced to tears. Fatima at the front desk was really apologetic and ensured I was moved the following day to room 404, which was slightly bigger with smaller shower and harder matress. But quieter and that's all cared about by then.
Breakfast: completely basic. Better going to a cafe.
Overall, I would not stay here again, but it's location is ideal for travel I got about really quick and it was safe on the metro. Thy other thing I notice was that security at the door was poor, anyone could get in which is important to note. How this hotel is 4star is beyond me, it's really a 3.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Very easy reach of Central Station. Helpful staff, pleasant foyer and bar. I had a double booked as a single, which was not much more expensive, so had plenty of room. Comfortable with clean and functional en-suite. Room was immaculately serviced daily, soundproofed and with air conditioning, which I turned off at night as I'm not a big fan and it was a bit noisy. Breakfast nothing special but there were scrambled eggs, some desultory ham, cheese, croissants, bread, fruit, juice, tea, coffee. Best to get there early or you could find little left but after my first day they did top up the fruit and I found a supply of most items. Timing is everything. Overall, I was very pleased with the choice and found it easy to get around Rome from this base.

Room Tip: single travellers might find it better to book a twin or double, if you can get a good deal.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Location near Termini was reason for booking. Surrounding neighborhood isn't as terrible as I originally thought. Room was clean, only issue was that the pillows were really flat. Staff was helpful & spoke good English which was helpful. Breakfast upstairs was included and decent. Next trip to Rome, I'll try to stay in another area of town, but would not hesitate booking here again if needed.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This location is just across the street from Termini station. Slightly intimidating neighborhood after dark for some; I had no issues (single female), but I am a traveler that isn't easily intimidated. I had no problems with noise or unsavory characters! The rooms are a nice size by European standard, comfy beds, nice amenities (LOVED the glass tiled bathrooms), clean and decent A/C (Rome is damn hot in August!). I would recommend this hotel and stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ichthyogirl
Reviewed 2 September 2013

so as a young couple (20-22) aphrodites was a fair expensive risk of a break however i am SO glad we did. absolutely amazing room (tuscany) the bathroom and bedroom exceeded my expectations and we was very very impressed!
Breakfast was very well presented and served.
on arrival we was greeted and shown to our room by a very pleasant, helpful and assertive man (david, i think) however on the other two days the receptionist (rather large camp man) was very rude, unpleasant and to be honest i honestly believe he lets the place down. his attitutude and persona does not match the vibrant place in which he serves in.

all in all amazing you will love it and i recommend to anyone who enjoys tastefully decorated furnish and warm atmosphere. enjoy

• Stayed: August 2013