“Friendly, neighbourhood restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lo Convento

Lo Convento
Ranked #1,146 of 12,044 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$13 - US$52
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Friendly, neighbourhood restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Lo Convento was recommended to us by staff at our hotel (Pulitzer) as its nearby and pretty good. Its a little hairy to get to it you're walking (you basically have to walk down a slip road) but its a friendly, family oriented place with reasonably priced good food. I had the fettucini with mushrooms with roman artichoke on the side, both of which were excellent, and my wife had the fried calamari, which were frozen so a little chewy but with good flavour and the spinach with butter and parmesan, which she didn't care for but I loved!

With dessert (pannacotta) and a couple of large bottles of water it all came to around €43 which is pretty reasonable for Rome!

The only downside was the service which was 'relaxed', lets say. But that was partly because there only seemed to be 4 waiters in action for a big place that was soon packed out. And waiting to be told what was for dessert does give you plenty of time to digest your main course.

Overall, then, the food was good, the atmosphere was great and so what if it takes a little longer to get the bill. Or the bread …!

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent meal when you dont feel like going into Rome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Found this "little" place one night where we dint feel like going all the way into center of Rome, exceptionally good value and decent meal.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Beijing, China
“Excellent Italian dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Excellent Italian dishes
pizza, meat, fish and various types of pasta served by waiters called cappuccino.

Visited June 2013
Lurgan, United Kingdom
“Bad service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited the restaurant based on the reviews on trip advisor. It started well the house wine was ridiculously cheap €5 for the bottle! The drinks and bread which we ordered came out straight away then my main came out, which was pizza. My husband ordered the sea food risotto.. I had started mine (after waiting until i could wait no more as it would have been cold) and finished and still no main for my husband, the waiter came over and asked 'anything else?' I said my husband hasn't even received his main! No apology was offered and then 30 minutes after my pizza was served then finally the risotto arrived! Even though the food was lovely the service was shockingly bad! My advice for any couples would be don't bother visiting here unless you plan to eat separately

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“Great Food and Cheap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

My Mom and I discovered this restaurant by chance as we were walking near the area of our hotel. The restaurant is a traditional family Italian restaurant. The food is good and the service is excellent. We paid almost half the bill we paid on other restaurants we dined in down town near the Spanish steps (the tourist’s district) and the food is as good as the others if not better. We went again the second night and we had same good experience…

• Visited June 2012