“Location, location”

Ranked #52 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Brisbane, Australia
“Location, location”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I am about to leave Hotel Abruzzi after a brilliant 5 night stay. I asked for a rom with a view of the Pantheon - got room 304 which has direct views that I can see from my bed. The room is neat and more spacious than I was expecting with a comfortable double bed. The shower is small but is to be expected. Breakfast is at a small cafe in the square and is ncluded in the price. I filled up each morning on eggs, fruit, pastries and juice and was good for a large part of the day. The square is quiet in the morning so perfect to just sit and look at the Pantheon! The staff are brilliant both Antonio and Simone helped with any of my questions and were great at directing me to see different things. Although there is lots of noise in the square the windows block out 90% anyway so you can sleep when you need or open them up to hear the world below - great to just people watch! The free wifi was brilliant!
Best location as I haven't used taxis or public transport once everything you would want to see is within a 10-20 min walk and you see amazing buildings, shops or things you didn't realise we're in Rome along the way.
Walk early in the morning to the Trevi Fountain or Piazza Navona great without the crowds!
I'd come back and stay in Hoel Abruzzi again!

Room Tip: Ask for a Pantheon view - on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jinksy82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Great location in Rome. Right next to the pantheon and central to all the sights. Rooms are small but that Is expected. Very clean and cool at nights. Not convinced we got the best deal on price but would still stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Just stayed at this hotel for 1 night before cruise and 2 nights after cruise! We stayed at the actual hotel (across from The Pantheon) and the view from our window was amazing. Room was small but comfortable. Upon our return we were sent to the "Annex" which is not far
from the hotel but in a narrow very busy street in a building that was right above a great restaurant but there was no elevator and we were on the 2nd floor. Rooms (1 of 2) were big, newly renovated and a/c was functional. My real complaint is that the price for hotel, annex 1 and annex 2 are the same. Surely the inconvenience should be somehow taken into account.
As far as location though - right in the center of everything and walking distances to many of the
wonderful things to see in Rome!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank UNHAPPY0146
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed here about a year ago and whilst the location was good, I felt this place was a bit too overpriced. The room we had was incredibly small, and the bathroom even smaller. The rooms were dated and felt rather claustrophobic. The hotel itself was small, and because the walls are thin you can hear anyone walking past your door and their entire conversations. The real winner is the location but besides that I'll probably look for some place larger for more breathing space next time I visit Rome.

Room Tip: Use the internet sparingly, turn off your wifi when you aren't using it to conserve it.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I agree with all of the reviews about the location. It's hard to beat. The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Valentina. We had a view facing the pantheon. I highly recommend it. The daily breakfast was just ok. Sometimes the eggs were very dried and the juice seemed to be at room temperature. The reg and chocolate crossiants were hard to beat.
The pantheon area is a busy area. The music is really nice from the musicians. We read a lot of reviews that mentioned how thin the windows were at hotel abruzzi. Well, we stayed on the second floor and it wasn't bad at all. We would definitely come back and stay at this hotel.
The Internet is very good.
One more thing I'm not sure what's going on with hotel Abruzzi's air condition. It seems like they are on timers. In the middle of the night it was always off. I had to turn it on again. This happened for 7 nights. Also when we leave the room and return 3 hours later it would be hot again in the room. That was my only big negative complaint. It was definitely not that big of a deal since it cooled off pretty quick.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My family of 6 stayed at the Hotel Abruzzi July 2013 and were thrilled with our decision. The location was beyond belief. We were literally steps from the Pantheon and walking distance to everything you could possibly want to see. It was located in a charming little square with a beautiful fountain... picture perfect! The hotel was small, quaint and lovely. Very authentic. We arrived early in the morning and Simone was kind enough to let us store our bags until the room was available. We booked a quad room (for 2 adults, 2 teenagers) which was a good size. And the bathroom had a shower stall which was a plus. The shuttered windows opened up to the most beautiful view of the Pantheon and the charming street below. You could look out the windows for hours. My parents had a superior double and were quite pleased as well. You do have to carry your bags up one flight of stairs to where the lift is (but Simone and staff were very willing to help us). There was free wifi (which the kids loved) as well as a nice buffet breakfast that was served at a little café right on the square just a few feet from the hotel. It was lovely and hit the spot right before our early morning tour. If you want a real taste of Italy with the most spectacular views of the Pantheon and good service... the Abruzzi Hotel is a great choice. Thanks again to Simone and his staff. J. Foster

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My family and I stayed here on a short break and I have to say it was excellent. The location of the hotel is second to none, opening the windows and shutters in our room gave us a view that was quite simply breath taking. The staff were incredibly friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Although breakfast is taken in a restaurant across from the hotel, this was not a problem as it was a lovely way to spend each morning looking out over the square and Pantheon and the food was plentiful and delicious. The rooms were lovely and clean and having air conditioning was an absolute blessing. At night the square was very busy, with music and tourists but the noise was never a problem because as soon as you closed the windows, you couldn't hear a sound. I would highly recommend Hotel Abruzzi to anyone travelling to Rome. An absolutely wonderful experience. A very big thank you to all at Hotel Abruzzi.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are quite small so if you want more space then I would recommend that you request...