We wanted to stay in the Centro Storico and found the Albergo Santa Chiara on Trip Advisor. Not as expensive as many others in the area but every bit as good. Tucked in behind the Pantheon, one of our favourite buildings in the world, it could not have been more convenient. We had a lovely big room, spotlessly clean with extremely comfy bed. Room to move around and we didn't need a view as we were out all day. Breakfast was very good and the staff helpful and friendly. My husband left his computer power cord behind the desk and the hotel posted it back to Australia for us at no extra charge - now that's what I call service. We'll stay again when we return to Rome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Who we are The history of the Albergo Santa Chiara begins in 1939. At the first it was a "wine-shop" then changed into a small inn, enlarged in the following years, the 10 rooms of the first days have become now 96, distributed in 3 adjoining buildings. In one of them is located the Saint Catherine from Siena's Chapel. The old lobby, on the contrary, has become a theatre. You can't miss a short chat at one of the table of our open-air bar, quiet and private, that overlooks the Minerva Square. The most affectionate guests love the wide and classic styled rooms, younger prefers the modern and high-tech ones. The hotel service is impeccable, the rooms are very clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. You will find this is a friendly, relaxed hotel that will make you feel right at home. The hotel has been in the same family ownership for nearly a century. The ground floor hall has seen the proclamation of the Popular Party by Don Sturzo, the rooms have counted the steps of Noble prizes such as Amartya Sen, Franco Modigliani and clergy men later be became Popes, politicians then elected Republican President, philosophers, artists, writers from Fogazzaro to Sartre to Banana Yoshimoto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Albergo Santa Chiara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Santa Chiara Rome
- Albergo Santa Chiara Hotel Rome