Rome has many wonderful hotels. It is all about location for a pleasant visit, and a good value price for the room.. The.Santa Chiara is located just behind the Pantheon at the Plaza Minerva. The Plaza Minerva is a small plaza 100 yards from the Pantheon. The hotel has a variety of different style rooms which are graded by the price level. I stayed in the least expensive room and found it to be very clean and of good size in comparison to normal Rome standards. The staff was very kind and attentive. The breakfast is fair, but the coffee is TERRIBLE...as noted by all 12 members of my group. Fredericka please change the coffee brand!!! Other than the coffee the drain in the shower was clogged and caused a puddle, but no flood Room 107. I forgot to tell Fredericka because she was so charming. I recommend this hotel for travelers who want the convenience of 100's of restaurants in a very safe area,. Yes I would return to this hotel...you will be pleased too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Who we are The history of the Albergo Santa Chiara begins in 1939. At the first it was a "wine-shop" then changed into a small inn, enlarged in the following years, the 10 rooms of the first days have become now 96, distributed in 3 adjoining buildings. In one of them is located the Saint Catherine from Siena's Chapel. The old lobby, on the contrary, has become a theatre. You can't miss a short chat at one of the table of our open-air bar, quiet and private, that overlooks the Minerva Square. The most affectionate guests love the wide and classic styled rooms, younger prefers the modern and high-tech ones. The hotel service is impeccable, the rooms are very clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. You will find this is a friendly, relaxed hotel that will make you feel right at home. The hotel has been in the same family ownership for nearly a century. The ground floor hall has seen the proclamation of the Popular Party by Don Sturzo, the rooms have counted the steps of Noble prizes such as Amartya Sen, Franco Modigliani and clergy men later be became Popes, politicians then elected Republican President, philosophers, artists, writers from Fogazzaro to Sartre to Banana Yoshimoto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Albergo Santa Chiara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Santa Chiara Rome
- Albergo Santa Chiara Hotel Rome