“Sightseeing in Rome”

Ranked #117 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Sightseeing in Rome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this lovely hotel, excellently situated in a very central location very close to Piazza della Rotonda and the Piazza Navona. We were able to walk to all the major tourist attractions, although the Vatican is a little bit more than a gentle stroll! Hotel has no restaurant, but breakfast is available every morning, and with so many excellent local restaurants just a gentle stroll away of an evening this is not a problem. Rooms are kept beautifully clean and have adequate cupboard space. Reception staff were excellent at pointing out those hidden gems that you might otherwise miss.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ken-0657
GlobRes_20055, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Albergo Santa Chiara, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Guest,
we are happy You enjoyed Your stay with us.
Hoping to see You in the next future
Arrivederci!!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Prague
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel twice many years ago and although I travel a huge amount I have not been back to Rome for over 5 years. Rome remains for me one of my favourite cities in the world and I was about to move there about 10 years ago but ended up in Prague a decision to this day I somewhat regret. I was very much looking forward to my third stay at Santa Chiara because the location for me is absolutely perfect as it is right next door to the Pantheon which I consider one of the most perfect buildings ever constructed. I was not only satisfied with my stay but I was pleasantly surprised with some of the changes I experienced. The new more modern rooms were small but perfectly laid out for my needs. I requested and got a front facing room to the Piazza della Minerva. The new king size bed was extremely comfortable and the linens were new and immaculate. The leather head board on the bed gave the room a sleek touch. The breakfast was more than ample with eggs, cereal, yogurt, fruit, cheese, cold cuts ( I eat no meat), etc. The staff unlike a few reviewers experiences could not have been more accommodating or helpful or friendly. This is not a grand hotel and I love the unassuming low key atmosphere of traditional and modern. There is almost an endearing nerdy quality to the mix of new and old. I would absolutely stay here again and I hope never to wait another 5 years until I come back to Rome. Having been to the city probably 15 times and having stayed at some of the grand hotels and budget ones too this is an excellent, good value hotel in the best position in Rome (for me.)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank hotelmonster88
Dear Gust,
we are very happy You enjoyed Your stay in our hotel for the third time and it was very nice of You to write such a nice review!
See You in the next future!
Arrivederci!!!
Fishers, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our first trip to ROME and the Albergo S. Chiara was a gem! A great location--right behind the Pantheon and close to absolutely everything! The room was perfect and had a private balcony! We are already planning our next trip and will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: higher floors have private balcony
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IndyLaves
Thank You Thank You Thank You for such a nice review!!!
See You soon !!!
Arrivederci!!!
Palos Verdes Estates, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I enjoyed staying here in 2002, so booked it again for a visit with our daughter and her family, including our two grandsons 10 and 12. My wife and I had a "superior double" room - #451, a corner room with windows on two sides. The younger family stayed in "quad" room 454, with two bedrooms separated only by a curtain, and one bath, with a stall shower. This is a good arrangement for the money - much less than the cost of two connecting rooms. The double-glazed windows make the rooms very quiet, although we opened ours in the morning to enjoy the view. Room 451 was of a comfortable size, with sofa, desk, small fridge, large closet and lots of drawers and shelves. The mattress was very firm! We enjoyed the included buffet breakfast, with a good selection, including great pastries and fresh fruit. Beside the hotel is a newsstand where the International New York Times is available. Off the lobby is a small covered deck screened from the street by a hedge. Bar service if available there. Small, slow elevator holds 4 people max without luggage. As noted by others, location is walking distance to all major sights.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank roadready75
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We used this hotel for a 2 day stay in Rome before an Oceania cruise in Civitavecchia. We were here from June 16 to the 18th. Average price = average rooms but what makes it viable is the fact that it is very convenient to just about every attraction. We were in the lower floors and the rooms are quiet. Beds are comfortable for the short amount of time that we used it. The rooms were uninspired, sheets and towels seem old, they really need to replace them. Will recommend this hotel for your short stay in Rome.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank flippywebsurfer
Naperville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We returned, after 14 years, for our second stay at Albergo Santa Chiara and found it just as elegant and comfortable as our earlier visit. For a central location within walking distance of many of Rome's most beautiful attractions, this can't be beat. Though just a block away from the Pantheon, once we were in our room, we felt completely removed from the city noise. I was delighted that our room included a little terrace (the apartment we had 14 years ago, when we travelled with our children, had a huge terrace). Our bathroom was just gorgeous-- modern with a huge tub and good storage area for toiletries. Breakfast is adequate-- it's too bad there isn't an outdoor area, and I was disappointed that the fruit seemed to be canned. But the wait staff is efficient and friendly. The front desk staff is also great, very professional and thorough. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mary O
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is such a charming hotel with the best possible location. Was here two nights from the 4th to the 6th of july. The Pantheon is just behind the hotel and everything, I mean everything is in walking distance...Colloseum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Via del Corso for shopping and so on. The staff was so nice and the service first class. Rooms so lovely and the bathroom in my room was huge:) No noise and very relaxing to stay here on a busy trip. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone travelling in Rome, fantastic :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business