“Great Stay at Hotel Trastevere”
Review of Hotel Trastevere

Hotel Trastevere
Ranked #475 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My family, two adults, a 15 and an 8 year old, had a wonderful stay at Hotel Trastevere for 4 nights in July 2014. We had a family room on the second floor. A queen bed and a two level bunk bed. I had not been to Roma in 30+ years and did not have high expectations. Hotel Trastevere staff was very, very patient and helpful with directions and suggestions. Location is wonderful. This is not a fancy place in the most expensive part of Roma. It is a well run hotel with nice rooms, good bathrooms and hot showers. It is right next to a children's playground/park and combination open air and open store front food market -- locals actually live and shop in the area. There are numerous trattorias that locals and tourists alike frequent. It's neighbor is a moped repair shop (good business in Roma) that I found interesting to walk by -- many, many mopeds needing very little to a great deal of repair.

Hotel Trastevere is located near a number of transportation nodes and it is a reasonable walk to a few tourist spots. Breakfast is more than adequate with cafes, juices, fresh fruit, cereal, some cheese, and a variety of breads/pastries (no meat and not a real selection of cheese, but it was fine for us). The barista/breakfast person usually made a heart in my cappuccino every morning but on the day we left he made a dog's face in my and cat's face in my wife's. Nice touch. I am a morning person and Roma is a night town, but I really enjoyed walking around the neighborhood early in morning before most things opened. Runners, market deliveries, cafes setting up outside chairs, etc. Got a real feel for the town and neighborhood.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Room was clean and staff very helpfull. The morning breakfast included was a nice touch as it allowed us to get out site seeing quickly. Easy walk to most of the major sites. A short bus ride minutes from the hotel will get you to St. Peter's square.
We had a room overlooking a square. At night is was a gathering place for teenagers and therefore with the window opened there was some noise. We enjoyed the fresh air and did not mind the noise.
I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Trastevere. We needed a quad room and all the beds were very comfortable -- even the bunk beds for our children.

The location was great; the pantheon, spanish steps, trevi fountain, colliseum, and St Peter's were all within an easy half hour walk. There were lots of shops and restaurants nearby and the tram to the Trastevere train station was only a few blocks away.

1  Thank bentleal
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I loved staying at this hotel, mainly for the terrific location in the heart of Trastervere, the oldest neighbourhood in Rome, very close to all the ancient sites. I had a standard double room to start which lacked natural light but the staff were helpful in moving me to a better, totally renovated room on the first floor which was more than acceptable. Lots of cupboard space, comfortable bed. Good air-conditioning, windows that open onto a lively piazza but the double glazing meant quiet nights and uninterrupted sleep. Good water pressure in the bathroom. I prefer a cooked breakfast but my niece travelling with me said the continental breakfast was pretty good. Decaffinated coffee was excellent, not something to be taken for granted in Italy. I would definitely stay there again,

Room Tip: any room on level one or above is good. Avoid the ground floor which is actually outside of the hot...
1  Thank Marissa R
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms are sober, although simple, but that was not too much of a problem since we did not spend too much time at the hotel room anyway. Nice continental hotel breakfast with fresh bread, croissants, etc. The hotel is at walking distance from both shopping, colosseum, Vatican state, etc. free Wifi is included, but was in our room (c4) a bit hard to connect to in some parts of the room.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My friend and I stayed here for two nights, we each got our own room. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions to sites and basic questions we had. I would recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Quad that we had was wonderful for our family which included two teenagers. The kids had bunk beds that both of them raved about. Private bath had great heat and water pressure. Air conditioning was plentiful. Breakfast was included and the coffee and pastries were amazing.

Stayed: June 2014