Hotel Sant Anna Roma
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvatican citypeter's squaresmall balconygreat gelatolovely hotelking bedrestaurants and shopsexcellent breakfastaround the cornerpastriesperfect locationlovely roomhotel is locatedfamily roomfive minute walkside streetstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We spent a few nights at Hotel Sant Anna Roma in July. Our room was very clean and quite large with a huge, modern bath with shower (no tub). The efficient air conditioning was a godsend after being out in the hot summer sun. With the shutters closed, we could sleep undisturbed even though our room was in the front (street side) of the hotel. I say we could sleep but for us the beds were much too hard for both my husband and me. I'll add that this is something we experienced in all but one stop while we were in Italy, so rock-hard beds would seem to be the norm. Breakfasts here were good and plentiful but a little more "Americanized" than in other places we've stayed in Italy (that, of course could be good or bad, depending on what you like!). Our experiences with the staff were mixed. I wish I could remember the name of the young woman who was so helpful - she was great, her English was impeccable but she patiently allowed us to muddle through with our Italian; the men were less helpful ranging from okay to not at all helpful and too busy chatting with friends to be bothered with guests. The ladies in the breakfast room were very nice, also.

The hotel arranged for a car ride to the Airport when we left - the guy who drove was busily texting and talking on two 'phones, reading maps and a clipboard of information while driving at high speeds. While we got there safe and alive, I really wouldn't want to experience that again!

We didn't care for this part of Rome and wouldn't stay here again. While it is very convenient to many of the sights, it was dirty compared to other areas where we stayed and the street "vendors" were horribly aggressive. They stood about five feet apart, lining nearly every street and pushed their goods in your face to get your attention - and they aimed at the women, I guess thinking that was where the money was. There were also many shops in the area , mostly filled with lower quality goods. With the "on/off" buses and the metro so readily available, I would stay in a nicer area of the city and visit the sights from there. BUT - if this is the area where you want to locate, Hotel Sant Anna Roma is a very nice choice for your home base.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Irishmoss
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Me, my wife and young son stayed here in June/July in a family room. Have been to Rome a few times before and can honestly say this is the best hotel we've stayed in. Great location and the welcome on arrival was great. Room was nice and big and clean too. When we had to unexpectedly extend our stay (big family trip and my wife's mother ended up in hospital) the staff at Hotel Sant Anna really went the extra mile, ensuring we wouldn't lose the room and helping me with the baby when my wife was visiting her mum. Great, great hotel and wouldn't hesitate in recommending to anyone going to Rome. Will definitely book again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This is, I think, my fifth stay here and again, I would not stay anywhere else while in Rome. The hotel is located only a block from the Vatican, two blocks from the Sistine Chapel, five minute walk to the castle, and about seven minute walk to the metro.

Aside from that, the rooms and incredible service at this hotel are absolutely not to be beaten. Elizabetha, at the front desk, has become like a friend whom I email when I first know my dates for Rome. Every room I have had here has been marvelous. A couple of years ago they updated all of the bathrooms which now are extremely modern and clean with marble everywhere and wonderful showers. None of those small European half showers here. The baths are simply wonderful. My room this time had a balcony which was perfect for relaxing at night. It faced the interior courtroom which was quite and peaceful. It was room 10, and I think I'll ask for it next time I'm in town. It was perfect.

The breakfast down in the cellar is always wonderful and plentiful. This is one of the few hotels that offers blood orange juice which is one of my favorites. There are fresh, hot pastries, fresh fruit, meats, cheeses, and cereals with yogurt and other items. No one would leave here hungry. I had a very early departure, but they arranged for me to have an early breakfast so I would not leave the hotel hungry. I ate while the ladies set up the breakfast and they catered to my every desire which is the norm for this hotel.

There is a computer in the lobby for guests to use, and the password is given to you at the front desk.

I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel or the staff that I have come to know and appreciate. You get great location, fantastic rooms and five star service here. Why go anywhere else. You can't put a price on the quality of Hotel Sant Anna Roma. If you're planning a trip to Rome, plan your stay around this hotel. You will love every minute of it. And say Hello to the staff for me!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank danman2327
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We enjoyed staying here. Everyone from the maids to the owner were welcoming. They spoke pretty good english and were helpful with my italian. An excellent breakfast came with the price of the room. It is an excellent location near the Vatican and other sightseeing areas. At the time of the year the room became a little warm until we alerted them to leaving the A/C on during the night. They have WiFi, but check your emails in the lobby. We would stay there again if we go to Rome.

Room Tip: Any room would be good because the hotel is very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Hubedoo
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Have see this hotel a number of times when visiting vatican and was on my list to stay there. Was not disappointed. Reception staff very welcoming during my stay and an excellent breakfast was available. Room comfortable with marbled bathroom and air conditioning throughout. A stone's throw from Vatican and have no hesitation in making a retun booking

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo