“It was fine”

Hotel Sant Anna Roma
Ranked #187 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The room was nice. The beds were comfortable. Our room was hot and there were no instructions on how to cool the room. We moved some buttons round and thought there w cool air coming in. The next morning, it was still stuffy so we asked about it. Well, they have to turn it on at the front desk?? I mean, it was quite warm outside. I think someone could have mentioned this.
The food was good in the breakfast room though. Over all, this hotel was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bluechina11

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights September 6 & 7th, the location was great, the buffet breakfast was great,lots of choices and the staff were very friendly. I researched Trip Advisor for a hotel and I kept coming back to this one, and I am certainly glad I did, it did not disappoint. I didn't expect the room to be so big, it was just a lovely stay, and if were ever in Rome again someday, we will be back. Thank you, we couldn't of asked for any better.

Penney's from Canada

2  Thank Sue P
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We selected this hotel because of its proximity to the Vatican and we were not disappointed. Not only was the location perfect (also only a short walk to the Metro), but the room was HUGE with lovely ammenities. Breakfast was a full buffet with meats, cheeses, boiled eggs, fruits, yogurt, pastries and the best cappucino! And the staff were most helpful: Angelo welcomed us most enthusiastically and suggested 2 great restaurants in the area. Viscardo called the Gallery Borghese to make our reservation because we had trouble doing it from home before we left. And Andrea even let me use his computer when I couldn't log on to the one in the lounge. It's a 3 star hotel but my husband and I thought it was really more like 4-star!

Room Tip: There's an elevator so no need to worry about climbing stairs!
1  Thank Mary052010
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed at the Sant Anna Roma in May. The location was fantastic, rooms were clean, the service was exceptional, the staff spoke perfect English and were very helpful in arranging taxis, suggesting places to eat and directions. The restaurants closed off the road and put out tables during lunch and dinner which helped eliminate any road noise, unlike other hotels on our trip that were very loud and difficult to sleep in.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Spent 3 nights in the Sant Anna. Very expensive, but worth it for us - you get what you pay for. Short walk to St Peter's, even for my wife who has difficulty walking. Very friendly and helpful staff with good English. Large room - ours on the 3rd floor even had a small balcony. Breakfast was wonderful by Italian standards - scrambled egg and bacon was available each morning, as well as the "normal Italian suspects".

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My friend and I have stayed at the Hotel St. Anna several times and would not stay anywhere else. They provide airport transfer service for a reasonable price and call when you are getting close to the hotel so you can be greeted like a member of the family. The rooms are various sizes depending on which room you have. But the beds are wonderful, the most comfortable I have ever slept on in any European hotel! The water pressure in the bathroom is fantastic and the complimentary Continental breakfast is delicious with not only the usual cereal, coffee, and fruit, but meats, cheese, breads, sweets, various juices and yogurt. The staff could not be better. The rooms was always immaculate and the desk staff helpful in more ways than I can count. Just about a block or two to St. Peter's Basilica and nearby taxi stand. Believe me, if stay at the Hotel St. Anna, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laurance
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We spent a few nights at Hotel Sant Anna Roma in July. Our room was very clean and quite large with a huge, modern bath with shower (no tub). The efficient air conditioning was a godsend after being out in the hot summer sun. With the shutters closed, we could sleep undisturbed even though our room was in the front (street side) of the hotel. I say we could sleep but for us the beds were much too hard for both my husband and me. I'll add that this is something we experienced in all but one stop while we were in Italy, so rock-hard beds would seem to be the norm. Breakfasts here were good and plentiful but a little more "Americanized" than in other places we've stayed in Italy (that, of course could be good or bad, depending on what you like!). Our experiences with the staff were mixed. I wish I could remember the name of the young woman who was so helpful - she was great, her English was impeccable but she patiently allowed us to muddle through with our Italian; the men were less helpful ranging from okay to not at all helpful and too busy chatting with friends to be bothered with guests. The ladies in the breakfast room were very nice, also.

The hotel arranged for a car ride to the Airport when we left - the guy who drove was busily texting and talking on two 'phones, reading maps and a clipboard of information while driving at high speeds. While we got there safe and alive, I really wouldn't want to experience that again!

We didn't care for this part of Rome and wouldn't stay here again. While it is very convenient to many of the sights, it was dirty compared to other areas where we stayed and the street "vendors" were horribly aggressive. They stood about five feet apart, lining nearly every street and pushed their goods in your face to get your attention - and they aimed at the women, I guess thinking that was where the money was. There were also many shops in the area , mostly filled with lower quality goods. With the "on/off" buses and the metro so readily available, I would stay in a nicer area of the city and visit the sights from there. BUT - if this is the area where you want to locate, Hotel Sant Anna Roma is a very nice choice for your home base.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple