“We were happy for the most part.”
Review of Hotel Museum

Hotel Museum
Ranked #433 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here 6 nights at the beginning of May. It was my husband, my college daughter (who just finished up a 5 month study-abroad program), and me in a triple. The hotel offers a good location but if you're looking for "action" and "nightlife" you may want to choose differently. We did a LOT of walking during the day/evening just to get back to the hotel. First morning we woke up and wondered what all the low voices were, turned out it was thousands of people waiting in line for the Vatican. It was not crazy loud but you could definitely hear it. You are 2 minutes tops from the Vatican entrance which can be good or bad depending how you look at it. Room was comfortable and surprisingly spacious for the 3 of us - I was expecting super small. Bathroom was nice as well but had no shower door or curtain just a quarter panel that didn't do much to keep water in the shower stall. My husband liked the breakfast (he loved the bacon and eggs) but my daughter and I did not eat too much. There was yogurt and fruit so at least that helped. Front desk employees were very friendly and hepful. Wif-fi was somewhat annoying. It worked in the lobby and outside the hotel best. It seemed like we could get coverage after midnight very easily in the room so maybe during the day there were just too many trying to access it? All in all, we were happy with the hotel and I would recommend it. I probably would choose a different location next time but Hotel Alimandi was a great bargain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JLTE

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is on a quiet street right across from the vatican city. The rooms are clean mordern and comfortable. Breakfast is served on the rooftop and they offer cereal, eggs, breads, pastries espresso, cappuccino, juice...etc. The lobby is very homing with several sitting rooms, a bar and pool table. The bar is self serve and offers wine by the glass as well as prosecco, soda, and water. If I ever return to Rome, I will surely stay here.

btw wifi is also available in lobby and rooms, but as you move up the floors, the signal gets weaker. They should install routers on each floor.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Excellent location. This is opposite the Vatican museum and is perfect if you are taking any of the tours as they all start at the steps outside the hotel.
However a few points before you book the hotel.
At rome airport, when u take the share cab/ shuttle, you will be the last person to be dropped at the hotel, which is ok, as the driver was nice to point out all the key tourist spots and I was able to make my itenarary while sitting in the cab, The shocker is when u get dropped outside the museum and u have to drag your suitcases down a looooooong flight of steps – so ensure that the taxi drops u outside the hotel.
The rooms are very small and definitely not in line with what you would expect, The shower is really low and tub too high…so basically u have to be a gymnast to take a shower!
However I would recommend stay here for
1- The staff is super helpful, they will help u plan your sightseeing, and generally chit chat – which was good as I was alone..
2- Excellent location for not just the Vatican, I was able to walk right upto the pantheon and back, and saw a lot of sights on the way.( the castle, few churches etc).
3- Remember half the restaurants that u spot near the hotel are only lunch places, so when you come back all hungry tired and ready to eat some yummy pasta or pizza u realise everything is shut!!! However the dinner place recommended by the staff is excellent
4- Breakfast is very basic, but good enough
I stayed only 1 night at the hotel as I moved the next day to a hotel next to spanish steps. This was the original plan, however I don’t think I could have stayed for more than one night at the hotel, as the room was claustrophobic and every time someone used the loo in the upper floors…I Knew!!!
Inspite of it all, I would recommend the hotel for one day so you can do the Vatican tour and then move to hotel closer to other sights. it is not any different from what you would see on booking.com!

Room Tip: i dont know if there were different rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here in July with my family. We found the location to be directly across from the steps to the Vatican and around the wall from St Peters Square. Just a block from a food store and many delightful restaurants. The rooms were clean with modern bathrooms. The daily breakfast on the upper patio was filling and the family who own the hotel couldn't have
been nicer. We would return!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank TeacherTraveler614
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here with my daughters Easter weekend. The hotel is located steps from the Vatican museum and is convenient to the city center. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel offers free wifi although it was at times sporadic, particularly in our rooms. The lobby area was very nice with various sitting areas. The breakfast was good and the breakfast area was in a pretty terrace.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Enrique T
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel is close to alot of the most popular sites in Rome, which is a good thing because you wouldn't want to spend much time in the hotel itself. There are virtually no amenities and the staff doesn't help much. Once I made a simple request from the desk and the response was, "We don't do that here, we are only a 3-star hotel." I don't know how they got the 3-star rating, they probably don't even deserve that. Their website (and booking.com) say there is wi-fi in the rooms but there isn't. There are only 4 channels on the television. No restaurant, and frankly not much nearby.

Room Tip: There is only wi-fi on the first room, so if that is important try to get a first floor room, althou...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank YukiValdez
Reviewed 9 February 2014

FANTASTIC city center hotel all in walking distance.just outside the Vatican.Shopping all around ,restaurants coffee places.Very clean hotel,very good breakfast and the best guy at the reception under the name Andreas.Clean and comfortable rooms.Dont miss out when in Rome

Room Tip: all rooms are soundproof and some view of the streets around
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family