“Family friendly hotel for a great price and location could not be better”
Review of Domus Aventina

Domus Aventina
Ranked #650 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Family friendly hotel for a great price and location could not be better”
Reviewed 14 April 2011

When we were dropped off by the Limo that the Hotel had organised for us we could not believe our luck. The Hotel is situated in a beautiful street full of lovely trees and blossom. One garden was full of lemon trees and the smell was divine. We went straight to our family room overlooking the courtyard.A 100meter walk to the main road and a 10min walk past Circus massimo takes you right to the collesseo. The room was clean and tidy. very clean bathroom. Breakfast good. The only thing I could suggest would be maybe tea/coffee in the room as well as mini bar. A local supermarket on route to the main attractions provided cheaper drinks and snacks. Thankyou Domus Aventina

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2011

From the very first moment we got there we received a very friendly welcome from the Reception staff and everything we asked during our stay was not too much trouble. All of the things that we needed were available and the hotel staff was more than happy to help us. Special thanks to Andrea which was an amazing help for the first time Rome visitors like us. His advice on the places we should visit, the shortcuts we should take, the restaurants we should go to saved us time and money…Thanks Andrea! You made our stay most pleasant. We will always remember you and your enthusiasm.
Excellent breakfast and well enough to keep us going for the full morning and part of the afternoon. The waitresses also were very polite and helpful. Excellent coffee, excellent croissants… Room was very comfortable, larger than expected with a very cozy balcony which faced a very nice inside garden. The bathroom was clean and updated. The room was cleaned every day. And last but not least: a very good position in an elegant neighborhood. Close to the most popular sites: within 5 min walking distance from the Circus Maximus, 20 min to Colosseum, 20 min to Vittorio Emanuelle and to the Capitollini Museum.
It was a lovely hotel and we would certainly return there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ecioca
Bournemouth
Reviewed 3 March 2011

We booked this hotel as my partner was attending a conference in the FAO building, two minutes away by foot. The cost of the stay was very reasonable and we were surprised by the high quality of the rooms and service. The rooms looked newly refurbished and the walls were padded with fabric, very luxurious! We slept very well, the hotel was very quiet. The hotel was positioned well for a base to explore the Colosseum etc. All in all one of the best finds we stayed at so far! And free WIFI!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank cencible
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 5 February 2011

The title of my review is maybe a bit too negative, as I found the hotel quite good, the location very good for my purpose (I needed to be close to Circo Massimo), and the staff was very friendly. However, upon arrival in the room I was met by a dusty smell, normally I associate that to a smokers room, but later on I realized it was the full carpet in the room that had attracted so much dust (maybe mold) which resulted in the smell. You can imagine that I did not have the best sleep during my weeks stay there (I am allergic to dust).

The bathroom was small but well laid out, shower was good, always hot water. The room was cleaned every day very well.

The TV only showed Italian channels (at least I could not find any english speaking channels, which was a pity, as I would have liked to stay up to date with what was happening in Egypt).

It was possible to connect to the internet, however, during peak hours (which unfortunately were when I arrived in the hotel) internet was very slow (almost impossible) as there was only one line, and therefore all guests were using that line during the same time (26 rooms I believe)

All in all, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Fish_Diver_10
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 29 January 2011

I recently stayed here during a short business trip to Rome, and was very happy with it. The location is excellent; it's on a quiet street just 2 blocks from the Metro line B, and only about 10 or 15 minutes from Termini. There are lots of good restaurants about 6 or 7 blocks away in Testaccio, and it's a pleasant walk. The front desk workers were friendly, professional and helpful, and all spoke excellent English. Breakfast was very simple, but everything was good quality, particularly the coffee. The rooms were small and simple, but super clean and with all the basics well taken care of. My room had a small balcony overlooking a beautiful patio with orange trees, but unfortunately it was cold and rainy so I couldn't really take advantage. For the location and quality of service the hotel offers, I thought the price was an absolute steal. I'd happily come back next time in Rome.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Klippan, Sweden
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Roma 3 day pass (25E) is a bargain,,,Can take bus 175 from Rome central bus/train station(roma termini) to the hotel,,,Close to most tourist sites,, september/october is the ideal time to travel,,

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 September 2010

It was a very nice stay for us. The Aventine Area is like an oasis- so close to the Metro and the center and yet quiet- birds chirping, car free streets. The hotel is basic, clean enough, everything works. While the staff were a not exactly bubbly, they were nice and helpful when asked. Breakfast was good and the service there was great!
The WiFi is free but the transmitter is in the basement so the signal in the breakfast room is great-in the rest of the hotel?- not so much.... There is no elevator but that was not a problem for us. Overall a great stay a good value.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family