“Location, location, location. The best for this price!”
Review of Hotel Marcus

Hotel Marcus
Ranked #1,057 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Chicago, Illinois
“Location, location, location. The best for this price!”
Reviewed 19 August 2010

It was our extra fast honeymoon trip and to be honest, I was afraid of what will we see after arriving in Rome, mainly because of the terrible reviews some travelers have posted. We were actually very surprised!!!
I did upgrade the room from the standard one and I think it was a good decision.
The room was still very tiny, but just enough for the two of us.
Air conditioning worked great (we had record high temperatueres!!!), the room was renovated, clean and comfortable.; same to the bathroom.
If you want to complain you will find something to talk about, BUT for this price and this location, you will not find a better hotel!
If you are on a budged, do not want to stay near Termini, want to be close to everything, and you don't care about luxury, then you will be satisfied!!!
You will find here everything you need. If you want luxury and elegance go somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MagdaG1984

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We had a lovely time at this hotel.The room was clean, recently renovated with air condition and tv, very comfortable beds. Bathroom was very clean...The staff was friendly and helpful, specially Mrs. Aurora- she will tell you what to do and see in Rome!!!
Breakfast was good - roll, coffee, tea, butter, jam, croissant...
We would recommend this hotel to every one, nice rooms for good price!
Iva & Nina, Croatia

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2010

the room was small, and the bathroom even smaller but the ac worked well, it was clean en very well placed. if you are only there to sleep, it s a good place for the price. don t expect too much and you ll be satisfied.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Frederikshavn, Denmark
Reviewed 11 July 2010

You really should be looking for something else... it's too expencive, for what is returned....
Breackfast.... HA ??? dry bread.. and coffe from a maschine..

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2010

After reading all these messages bellow I was a bit afraid of booking it but it was so cheap and I m a person who really spends all day out eating and drinking when I m travelling.

I arrived to the hotel and I ve been greeted and checked in by this lady called Aurora, she is just fantastic! She helps with tips what you should and shouldnt do, she s very caring and I think 90% of my staying in this hotel was pleasant due to her customer service.

The hotel is a little bit noisy but not all the time and not every day only friday/saturday night (of course you are in Central Rome the best spot ever for a little party in the weekend).

My room was spotless clean and spacious. I higly recommend this hotel fro travellers and people willing to explore Rome. The location is very safe the police is around all night.

I ve been to five stars hotels before and I felt bad because of some staff arrogance, so I rather go to a warm , clean place with nice staff than going to a 5 stars spot where people shows no respect for customers!

And guess what: INTERNET FREE AND FAST! any other hotel you would have to pay for internet at least 5 euros a day!

Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Anna R
Cumbria, UK
Reviewed 13 December 2009

We stayed in Hotel Marcus in November 2009. It was really reasonably priced, and seemed from the map to be in great location, we arrived and I would agree with a previous reviewer that the gates don't look welcoming, but there is a very simple intercom system. We stayed in room 13, which I wouldn't describe as beautiful, or indeed spacious, but it did the job! The location was perfect, a stone's throw from anything you might want to see, we walked everywhere. The receptionist was incredibly helpful and friendly, if a little eccentric. She talked us through all the tourist attraction in detail, we were both really impressed, it was exactly what we needed. Night receptionist was grumpy, but it didn't detract from our enjoyment.

We had a great time, I would recommend this hotel for anyone on a budget who wants a great location. Don't go with high expectations, if you want a massive room, in a gorgeous hotel then go somewhere else and pay the premium for it!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple