“Smart and trendy”

Ranked #408 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Smart and trendy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel is in an up and coming area of Rome in the Testaccio district. It's clean, smart, trendy and easy access via buses/Metro/walking to the main centre of Rome. The reception staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful showing you were things were via their maps, printing bus timetables, finding out information in general really.
My room was lovely, I had wanted to stay somewhere a little more modern than the traditional chintzy-type B&B's you can end up in and boy did I hit the jackpot. The décor was black, red, white and very modern. I loved having a (very large!) balcony and the kitchen area was a lovely option I just chose not to purchase it as I wanted to make the most of being in Rome and eating out. The bathroom was clean and tidy also, perfectly large enough. No squeezing round the sink to get to the toilet. In fact the entire hotel room, well, suite as there was a sitting/dining area too was a wonderful size.
Breakfast was served in a restaurant downstairs that had not long opened (on the website it still said that breakfast was served in your room so I was a little confused upon arrival to be told to collect my ticket for breakfast downstairs as there isn't a downstairs to this hotel, all first floor!) Come the morning though the receptionist cleared it up for me. I personally thought the breakfast was lovely. A choice of croissants followed by toast and biscottate served with jams/butter and of course Nutella. Coffee or tea and fruit juice. The staff in the restaurant were also friendly and helpful.
Upon leaving I was allowed to leave my luggage with reception which was a great help as I wasn't flying till that evening.
All in all would I recommend this hotel? Yes
Would I stay here again? Definitely!

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, you definitely want to request a room on the inside of the hotel. As it's...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very good, nice and helpfull personel at the frontdesk, cosy and clean rooms and a very Big balcony. The area was nice and near all the big must see sights in Rome.
The breakfast was not that good, that you have to go next door at a restaurant with very disapointing breakfast and even more disapointing service from the restaurant personel.

Stayed July 2014
Boston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My partner and I stayed here during our first trip to Rome for 6 nights. After reading reviews I was worried about the amount of noise I would hear (being a light sleeper) so we emailed ahead and asked for an even numbered quiet room and I barely heard anything the entire time I slept there! All the staff were helpful; they gave us extra pillows and allowed us to leave our luggage there after we checked out. The room was great; air con, fridge, small shower but that was fine and we had a terrace balcony overlooking the air conditioners but we had no problem with this. The breakfast we received from the cafe downstairs was a croissant, toast and a juice and coffee and this was plenty for us! Although do be aware that breakfast finishes at 10.30 (we were caught out one day as no one told us, however we were still served).
Downsides to the hotel are that our bedding and towels weren't changed and floor wasn't swept until halfway through our stay and that was because we were there when the cleaner came in so made sure we asked! Also, we were faced with an air con tax of €24 at the end of our stay which we were apparently supposed to have been informed about but weren't so be aware! It's €2 per person per night to have the air con on!
Overall I would stay here again (in an even numbered room) and would recommend to anyone visiting Rome!

Room Tip: Quiet only in an even numbered room!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lorna W
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a room with a terrace over a long weekend in Rome - the hotel has everything you might need, including a kitchenette if you wanted to dine in. It is a 10min walk away from metro Piramide/Ostiense which goes to Fiumiucino airport.

All the staff were friendly and really went out of their way to look after us during our stay.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank KseniaZheltoukhova
Porto District, Portugal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a fraud, It’s not an hotel, it’s more like a motel, just for “adults”. No lobby or entrance space, feasibility access is by a small stairs leading to the hallway of the rooms.
No room for breakfast, you must go outside and cross the street to a snack-bar. Staff was very rude and didn't give any touristic help.
Large balcony overlooking the air conditioning machines, really disappointing and unsafe.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Albano M
LcrHotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Re Testa, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Mr. Albano M.,

We are glad that you left your opinion. It is always important for us to improve although we do not agree with some of the points so we would like to leave our version of the facts.
To access our Hotel there are two options: a large lift (for max. 8 persons , total 630 kg) or a wide stairway (1,60m) to get to the 1st floor where rooms and reception are located.
Breakfast is served inside of the same bulding so we wonder where did you have your breakfast?
About the reception staff we work everyday to keep our high standards and positive comments by other guests regarding our service are the proof that we are in the right way.
Finaly, we did not understand what did you mean by "for adults" and we find this comment innapropriate.

Best regards,

Hotel Management
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very nice hotel with big rooms next to the Market in Testacio. The bathroom was surprisingly big, but needed a renovation due to dampness. Wi-fi is free. Our Twin room had a balcony too, but it is actually a part of big terrace.
The breakfast was in the next door restaurant - sandwiches or croissant with coffee/tea and juice. If the market is opened I'd suggest to go there for a breakfast. In the area there are amy nice restaurants and shops (Volpetti).
Piramide Metro station is 10 min by foot.
The lady at the Reception offered and arranged for us transfer to the airport at decent price.
In general I liked the hotel very much and I'd consider staying there and using the Metro daily in my future trips in Rome.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MadiYo
Espoo, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was business trip in Roma ,working In MACRO De Arte Contemporane, instaaling Finnis/Estonia Shifting Identities Show and staying 9 days in ReTesta hotel. Hotel is next to Museum and same building is big inside market. Market was great and I made nice local food dinners to my wife and some artist friend.Our room was street side and our balcony had nice wiev to bars,restaurant,and evening happenings. My collique have room to market side and it was more silent but that side balcony have more sun in afternoon to evening.Brakfast was down stair La Moderna restaurant,but it was boaring.Wlan works part time but it was free.
If you like made own food, use market,it is great but when you book hotel ask free coking staff,after arriving it is not free any more.
beat