Hotel San Anselmo
Hotel Adriano(Rome)
US$200
US$184
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa San Pio(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$323
US$264
US$351
US$342
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Room Service
US$263
US$225
1,212 results
All reviewsaventine hillcircus maximustestaccio areabeautiful hotelcirco massimoorange treesjacuzzi bathfour poster bedminute walka quiet residential areaour honeymoonlovely boutiquelounge areacentral romepastriesboutique hotelcold meats
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My brother and our significant others stayed here for 4 days in August 2013. As we have family in the center of Rome, it was a bit further from the center than I usually stay but so well worth it! The hotel is an easy walk to some of the best ruins in Rome as well as close proximity to authentic Roman restaurants in Testaccio and Trestevere. The hotel is beautiful and the staff are wonderful. It felt like were we guests in a private villa. We made ourselves at home in sitting rooms and garden away from the noise of the city center. My brother was secretly plotting to propose to his girlfriend on our trip and was inspired to do so in the back garden under the fairy lights on a warm Roman night. We love the Hotel Anselmo, and my brother is planning to return next summer after his wedding.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marisaelena
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel San Anselmo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear guest,
we are so happy to read about your last year experience in our boutique hotel! Above all we are extremely proud and glad to learn that our hotel was the perfect setting for your brother’s proposal!
We are eager to pamper your all family soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 5 days of a 3 week stay in Italy and I wish I could have stayed here for longer. The hotel, the service, the rooms went beyond my expectations. It was a quiet oasis in a very crowded and busy city and although it was not in the central part of Rome it made no difference to us. We could walk easily to transportation and many restaurants were easy to get to. I would recommend this beautiful hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Gillian,
thank you for thinking about us once you got back home! We are very pleased to read that we exceeded you expectations and that you enjoyed the location and the hotel.
We hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

What is not to love about this real hidden gem. The rooms are incredible, the garden is relaxing and private, and the staff cannot do enough to assist. Recommend breafast in bed, or in the garden. We stayed in room 806 (I think) which had its own entrance accessed up a few stone steps from the rear garden; it was beautiful. The bathroom was wonderful, mosaic tiling on floor and walls, with steps down into the bath (like Roman baths!) and a nice powerful shower. We enjoy boutique type hotels, with a touch of luxury, and the San Anselmo did not disappoint. One small area for improvement would be to supply luxury toiletries in the bathrooms (Clarins, Molton Brown etc...) but this did not impact on the enjoyment, and we would definitely return. If they could squueze a swimming pool in the garden that would be wonderful. Thanks to Vincenzo and the team, it was super!

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms, some have balcony, the outdoor/separate rooms feel like your private hideaway, (806) and we loved this
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel San Anselmo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Rhonda,
thank you for sharing your positive comment with the Tripadvisor community, and thank you so much for your nice words about our boutique hotel on the top of the Aventine hill!
Vanity Room, 806, is indeed a unique room with a huge and original bathroom and we are glad that you enjoyed it!
We hope you could have the chance to visit us again in order to show you also the other magnificent deluxe rooms!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We arrived in Rome last week and took a taxi to the San Anselmo. When we arrived, the gentleman at the front desk could not find our reservation. Since my travel agent hadn't provided a confirmation number, we were at a loss. The gentleman at the front desk was so incredibly helpful. He helped to book us a room at their sister hotel Villa San Pio. We were a family of three and the San Anselmo doesn't have triplets. They then provided us with a welcomed glass of lemonade and helped walk us down the block to the sister hotel. If the service by this gentleman is any indication of the hotel, I recommend this place.
The location is a quiet neighborhood in walking distance of the Colosseum. Not quite centrally located for other sights but worth the walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank marzac3

Dear guest,
thank you for reporting your experience and thank you for your nice words about the service we offered for you! We are very proud we managed to help you in the uneasy situation you were involved and that finally you enjoyed one of our sister hotel.
We hope to accomodate you next time in San Anselmo in one of our beautiful and charming rooms!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Most hotels say they are boutique to make them attractive - but I think this is a true boutique hotel!

Location – Fantastic! Yes, it is a bit far from Rome’s central sites… but trust me you will appreciate it after a full hectic day of walking and sightseeing all over Rome! Returning to the hotel every evening was such a peaceful retreat. It is a bit of an uphill walk but we did not find it too bad. We had dinner in the Testaccio area 2 of our 3 nights… the 3rd night we walked to/from the trendy Trastevere area which was approx. 20 minutes each way… not bad at all.

Hotel – Wonderful! The common areas are great… from the back garden area where weather permitting you can enjoy your breakfast/evening drinks to the chicish front outdoor area where you can enjoy an afternoon/evening refreshment.

Rooms – Lovely! Each room is unique – which I love! We travelled with friends and both found our Double Deluxe rooms a decent size. We each had a wonderful large patio… our friends had a patio with a view of Rome that was spectacular! The only negative thing I could say is the beds are quite hard… actually it felt like I was sleeping on a box spring and not a mattress. I know this is a personal preference so if you really like hard beds then you will not have a problem.

Staff – Fabulous! All the staff from the front desk to the servers to housekeeping were all friendly and very accommodating.

I normally like trying out new hotels when we travel – but I think the next time we are in Rome we will definitely look at staying here again!

Note – we booked very far in advance and I thought the room rates were very reasonable… so if you are planning a trip to Rome and want to stay here book as early as you can.

Room Tip: Book Early for a good rate and ask for a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spuds
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel San Anselmo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear guest,
thank you so much for your so detailed review about our Roman Villa!
It is a pleasure to know that you really enjoyed the perfect location, our staff, your nice rooms and above all a convenient price for your stay.
We are really excited for your next visit and in the meantime we wish a beautiful summer!