Hotel Tre Stelle
US$272
US$953
US$469
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel was very good for this price, location is more than great. Staff was helpful, some of them speak good English, but most of the time we tried practice some Italian with them, so maybe the impression is not complete :)
Wi-Fi is weak at rooms, but at the lobby bar the signal strength was ok.
Breakfast is basic, however it's good enough for this price.
If you need a budget hotel with central location, Tre Stelle is just for you - very basic, but great for its value. I would recommend it to friends visiting Rome for several days.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maria V
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We didn't have many problems with this one... It has a really nice location, five minutes from Termini Station and surrounded by great and cheap restaurants (try Oasis Bar by the street behind it). You have to pay at checkin and they don't take credit cards, making me and my girlfriend look for an ATM machine at 9PM. Our room was just ok. Heater was ok, bathroom ok... The elevator was freaking scary, old and noisy and stood two days under maintenance, forcing me, my girlfriend and a 70 year old couple to climb 6 freaking floors by stairs. The breakfast is completely basic with pre-made sweet croissants, toast and jam, but the hot chocolate was one of the best I ever tasted.

Take this place if you like low pricing hotels just for sleep, but avoid it if you are in family or something like that, Rome is swarming with better places.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I'm not really sure why this hotel gets so many terrible reviews... For what I paid for my 2 night stay, it really was great! It's a five minute walk from Rome Termini station (the main station) and it shares a building with two other hotels which is a bit weird but nothing to complain about. Contrary to most of the other reviews on here, the room and bathroom were cleaned daily to a good standard. The bed was comfortable, despite being two single beds stuck together. (I for once didn't fall through the gap!) and there was lots of storage space. The breakfast was rolls and a croissant but what did you expect? This is Europe, not England and the hotel is cheap as chips. It was better than I was expecting anyway, especially considering the amazing location. To be honest I think that most of the people complaining on here are just being a little too fussy. Remember what you paid for having a hotel in such a great location in the centre of Rome!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KadieZ
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel does not deserve not even 1 star to our eyes. We visited in December 2013 and we were highly disappointed. Bathroom and bedroom were not well keep. There was no heating in the room and when we asked for blankets we were told they did not have any!! We slept with our coats on!
As well the staff at reception was just plain rude.
Avoid it! Avoid it! Avoid it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toressa
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I didn't want to spend much on accommodation and save my money to enjoy Rome, this place is perfect. Warm and friendly greeting, spacious room with a comfy bed, powerful shower, lots of storage and very clean. Yes the towels are weirdly thin but who cares? They do the job. Breakfast is bread and croissants but that's what the Italians have for breakfast, restaurants serving anything more are far and few between. I got great value for money, somewhere to sleep and shower and had an amazing holiday. The location was great too, spent the first three days walking everywhere and used the Metro a few metres away for the rest. The staff at breakfast are lovely, the guy even remembered from the first day that I have a nut allergy and quickly whisked away the almond croissant I was served by the lady on the last day and swapped it! Fantastic and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple