“small but charming hotel”
Review of Nardizzi Americana

Nardizzi Americana
Ranked #270 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Cozy hotel with very nice staff. It is located near to the city centre in a safe neighbourhood between piazza della republicca and piazza venezia. The rooms are rather small but very clean. Excellent value.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor are completely renovated.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank laurence h

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I regret checking in to this hotel. It is a recommended place to stay by Rick Steves but an absolute disappointment overall. I will rate this hotel less than one star due to their unprofessional staff. The receptionists are not helpful at all. They are very selective on who they want to help. I asked a single question and was directed to ask the tourist information outside of the hotel. WIFI is only available in the lobby and it is very inconvenient when you are planning your day trip. The elevator are too complicated to operate because too many doors have to be close properly in order to operate. You will end up climbing by stairs all the way to the 4th/5th floor just to close the elevator properly so the lift can go down and get your luggage. The room is dark and furnishings are old and rusty. I saw bugs on the floor and I was totally disgusted. DO NOT check in to this hotel, there are nicer ones around the same area. We would recommend one close to the Vatican which is Hotel San't Angelo..very friendly staff and professional (we stayed at Hotel San Angelo for our first 4 night and switch to Nardizzi..which we regret.)

Room Tip: No pleasant experience at all.. Please do not choose this hotel..there are nicer ones in the same ar...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mamamia45k
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here with my partner, both decided this wasn't the hotel for us. Wifi only works in the lobby and breakfast room and rooms are quite small and dark. Had trouble with our power points and needed to use the t.v remote so our devices could work. Bathroom is quite small and the fittings look quite old and rusted. If you are on a budget and want to be central to the metro station, then this will be fine for you. If you prefer comfort and creature comforts, then I would recommend staying somewhere else. Also the staff were helpful but it wasn't enough to keep us there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VD2391
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a nice stay at this hotel. The service was excellent. The breakfast room is in the middle of all the rooms and I could hear all the noise during the breakfast hour. The room was dark. The AC worked well. Wifi only works in the breakfast room. Great location. Small elevator.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank fleetfeet954
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I stayed there on May 13 and 14th. They were very hospitable and the room was clean. We stayed in one of the3 away rooms so we had to take the elevator to the 4th floor (400 level) to the desk and then go down four half flights of steps to get to the hallway with our room. The door to the hallway with our room had a electronic lock but to my knowledge, the buzzer to the main rest didn't work, so at least 4 times we had to hike back up the 4 half flights to get the desk agents attention to buzz us in to our hallway. If you are staying on the 4th floor, this would not be a problem. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast and quite adequate. This oils a good place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wbl297
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was such a great little hotel hidden away in a courtyard but close enough to walk everywhere. I loved the atmosphere of the hotel, the rooms were spacious and comfortable and the breakfast on the semi terrace/open room was lovely. Felt like I was stepping into another world- felt quite romantic.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PrincessFi88
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I spent four nights at the Nardizzi Americana, but were originally booked for three. We were robbed on the subway and my passport and wallet were taken. Security sent us to the police to submit a report. The hotel staff had all my information and were able to assist us at the police station. We had to stay for the weekend until the Embassy opened to get a new passport so we could meet our cruise ship. The staff at the hotel assisted us in getting flight information so we could meet our cruise ship in Sicily. The information about the flights, airport and trains saved us time and money. They also, made sure our cab was available to get us to the Embassy before it opened. Their assistance made a horrible situation more bearable. They could not have been more accommodating and helpful. The location of the hotel is great and will definitely return on my next trip to Rome.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple