“Sandwiches are nice”

Taja e Coci Steakhouse
Ranked #3,434 of 12,162 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$22 - US$33
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Sandwiches are nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

We stopped here to shelter from the rain. The sandwiches are very nice. Goed hamburger, my first in Roma. The service is ok, but the system with tickets and payment first is not the best idea.

Dallas, Texas
“Unexpected gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

My friend and I are foodies and wanted to find a "non touristy" place that served steak. Taja e coci is off the beaten track and we were the only non Italians in this quaint little place. Upon walking through the door you see the savory slabs of beef from which you can choose.

We sat down and immeditaely noticed the menu was only in Italian in addition the server did not speak english but she was great and somehow she assured us that she would take care of us. Our next step was to get up and pick out our cut of meat from the butcher display.

The meats were gorgeous and there were interesting selections such as danish and scottish meats. After discussion with what appeared to be a manager, who spoke some english,
I decided on the scottish T-bone which she highly recommended and said it was her favorite. My friend chose an italian cut of loin. We both asked for,medium rare.

My steak was awesome and cooked to perfection. My friend's steak tasted good and prepared as ordered but was way too chewy and could not finish it. I ended up sharing my portion which we both agreed was much better. The most expensive bottle of wine was 18€ and there are only a few from which to choose.

This is a unique little place with very friendly people who try their best to make you feel confortable and provide you with a good meal. For two steaks, salad, two vegetables, dessert and capuccino we spent $100€.

• Visited September 2012