“Location, location, location”

Ranked #578 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Marietta, Georgia, United States
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Very small room, noisy at night, not a lot of amenities, but what a great location. It is the closest hotel to the trevi fountain and walking distance to everything. Breakfast overlooking the fountain included.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We couldn't be any closer to the Trevi Fountain than this hotel. We loved the location. The noise level will always be loud because of the crowds at the Trevi fountain. It didn't bother us. We wanted to be in the center of all the action. The staff was not helpful and was given the wrong information for directions. Breakfast was OK. Nothing great. The view is the best thing about this hotel. So the Excellent rating is for Location and view of Trevi fountain.

1 Thank SunsetColorado
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel has the worst customer service possible. If you request anything, it's as if you are irritating the staff. Our air conditioning did not work. It was very warm for October making our room uncomfortable and sleeping difficult. The T.V. did not work. The beds are extremely uncomfortable with horrible pillows. There is no room to place your luggage. I asked were the ice machine was and the front desk clerk said, "no ice!" I would not accept there wasn't any ice in which a bucket with a few cubes was delivered to our room. The toilet literally protrudes under the sink and the shower is about a foot wide. Upon asking for directions, the staff would just point and would not elaborate. It is an uncomfortable, unfriendly hotel. There are several hotels in the area, stay some place else!!

3 Thank schroederatl

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

With this being our first trip to Rome, we decided we would like to be in the middle of everything that was on our initial itinery. Hotel Fontana fitted the bill to a tee. If you want a plush ultra modern all singing all dancing hotel, Fontana isn't for you. The word that sprang to mind immediately was "qwerky". It is Rome. The atmosphere is unique, but the service was as we wanted, very good without being pushy or snobby. Each return after trekking round the streets was friendly and interested. Each morning at breakfast the day ahead was asked about and suggestions given if asked for. To add to this it was like staying in the Trevi Fountain. The hustle and bustle was ever present. A definite return trip to Rome will include Hotel Fontana.

Room Tip: pay the extra for a room overlooking the Fountain just for the added atmosphere from 07:30 through t...
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The location excellent, we paid extra to make sure our room overlooked the Trevi Fountain...BIG MISTAKE..1 - the window is so high up I had to get on a chair to see out 2 - very very small room 3- you couldn't keep the window opened at night to hear the water because of the crowd outside and the yelling, this lasted until 3am ( not that this was the fault of the hotel) 4 - when we went up to our room, there was a sandal in the room.. I didn't bother to say anything!!!
The front desk staff, when checking out he asked were we Americans, I said no Canadian, his reply "same thing". Would he like it if I had said Italy is the same as Greek!!! They weren't overly friendly, I asked for directions..all I got was over there. If I had know how it would of been, I would of stayed a the first hotel we were in, I only came to this one was to take in the fountain.. My mistake

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The hotel has one of the best locations in Rome. Having the breakfast watching and hearing the Trevi Fountain is special and unforgetable. The lady at the breakfast is very friendly.
Instalation and facilities are basic, but considering the historical part of Rome and the old historical building... The reception area is poor and tight, hotel could improve by cancelling the money change desk at reception.
The front apartments have the nice Fountain view but are noisy. If you are in one of it you will learn that at 6 am comes the city machine that collects all coins dropped in the fountain in the previous day. At least you know to where goes your contribution when you make a wish at the Trevi Fountain.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Sydney
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights in late August. Definitely cannot beat the location. It was crowded at the Trevi Fountain, but my room was at the back and it was very quiet. The room was small and the shower was the smallest I ever had a shower in. I imagine the shower would be a problem for a big person. The room was clean and adequate for 1 person. It was nice to have breakfast by the window with perfect view of the Trevi Fountain. The breakfast itself was rather ordinary and the same every day. Next time I would not prebook it. It is not worth it. The lady was good to let me start my breakfast just before 7.00 on 2 mornings due to early tours.
Some staff at the reception were good, others not so good. I was not allowed to check out late even though I think it was not booked for the next night. The man at the reception would not even listen properly to my request. TV was useless. No paid movies/programs were available, or any other English speaking channels apart from Sky and CNN news. Apparently, they had problems with reception. I was told it would be fixed, but wasn't.
I would stay at this hotel again simply because of the location.

Room Tip: If you are not a good sleeper, avoid front rooms. Crowds at the fountain stay very late and start ju...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo