“THERE ARE BED BUGS!!!!”

Ranked #1,174 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
London, United Kingdom
“THERE ARE BED BUGS!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

I stayed a total of 4 nights at hotel Pavia, first in tiny room 35 where you basically shower on top of the toilet, the mattress is very hard and the blankets are dirty. Then I was moved to room 33 - it's a triple room. Every day I would wake up with a few bites but since it was sort of humid (it last the first week of November) then I figured it might be mosquitos. However, on my last day (Monday November 5th) I woke up completely red and itchy all over. I checked the mattress and there were bed bugs everywhere. The hotel manager didn't care, he just told the cleaning lady to change the sheets. The hotel staff are not pleasant or helpful and now I am having an allegic reaction to the bites (I have around 50 of them especially around my hands, neck and chest) and I am having my house fumigated just in case. AVOID HOTEL PAVIA AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
15 Thank andrea w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Finnish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Having booked The Pavia for my friend and I mainly for its location and price, we were somewhat taken aback when we read some of the adverse comments listed on your web site; we were not looking forward to staying at this hotel.
On arrival we found this small family run hotel within easy walking distance of the main station in a very small and quiet side street. Our check-in went smoothly and we climbed two flights of stairs to reach our room, which although on the small size was immaculately clean with an adequately sized double bed and sufficient wardrobe space.The bathroom had been completely modernised. The balcony overlooked the grounds of the Baths of Diocletian. Yes we did pay a premium for air condioning. Breakfast, served in an annex cellar was more than adequate .
My friend and I feel that some of your published complaints are not only unjustified but some are completely out of date. I must point out that we were the only English speaking people in the Pavia - the other guests being French, Swiss or Italian, all of whom seemed to be satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brian c
Overland Park, KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Close to main train station, economical, very dated, very helpful staff, quiet.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

We chose this hotel as it was in an excellent location. We read some reviews but was not put off. I am pleased we wasnt. This hotel is very basic, but as we are only sleeping there I did not see this as a problem. For the price we paid compared to local hotels I would recommend this. The staff were all so helpful and friendly. I could not say a bad word about them. It is currently undergoing refrub as the rooms are a little tired, but this is to be expected.It is very quiet concidering the location and we slept straight through.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

Horrible hotel, disgusting rooms and terribly bad staff. Breakfast in a very small room, where it is impossible to welcome more than 8 guests at the same time. Bathroom looks like a battlefield and the stains on walls, carpet, tv, fridge, door etc are the decor and the pride of the hotel. I would never go there even if it would be the only hotel in whole Rome.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Florian300

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

Even with the bad reviews, we chose this hotel due to its proximity to the Termini station/metro BUT the quadruple room is so tiny that there is hardly any space to move (you also need to climb up 3 flights of stairs with luggage). You need to pay for the air conditioning (no mention anywhere when you book or on their website) and there is no warm/hot water for the showers. When we told the reception about it, he gave us a crap excuse about the water tank (obviously no hot water even in the afternoon when it’s not crowded). The hair-dryer is damaged and the drain is blocked – can’t shower for more than 10 minutes. The door of the fridge doesn’t close properly so it never stays cool and there is only one socket in the entire room (There is one next to the sink but how can you charge your phone there?). Internet is also unreliable.

Overall, there are many hotels nearby– don’t let them trick you with their ‘garden’ or ‘friendly service’ (total nonsense from their website) – STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL. Most importantly, shame on the people who grade the hotels in Rome – how in the world can this hotel be 3 stars? No lobby; the reception is just a desk along with all the stuff I mentioned above. The ‘star system’ in Europe is a joke!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank swong1709
Lake Charles, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

With out going into great detail, let me just say that this is without a doubt the worst place I have ever considered staying. I didn't actually stay there.... After being yelled at by the desk clerk and climbing 3 flights of stairs to find our room, which turned out to be gloomily dark, without air conditioning, smelling of mold and just plain disgusting, we left the hotel and got a much nicer room at a much lower rate elsewhere. We had never reserved a room at this hotel. We booked a room online at Hotel Urbis. When we got there, they did not have our room and said that they had reserved us a room at Hotel Pavia.... Long story short, I think the two hotels were working together on some kind of bait and switch scam. My advise is to steer clear of both hotels!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family