“Outstanding value, exceptional service, all in the heart of Rome. Kudos!”
Review of Hotel Parlamento

Hotel Parlamento
Ranked #194 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Ottawa, Canada
“Outstanding value, exceptional service, all in the heart of Rome. Kudos!”
Reviewed 14 April 2010

We stayed here for five days at the beginning of our month in Italy and highly recommend it. While reading these reviews I experienced "deja vu" and a pleasant nostalgic tingle up my spine and realized I was wearing a broad smile. Many pleasant memories!

Everything about this hotel is first class if somewhat modest. Nothing over the top here in luxury but you will be treated like a millionaire and will want to return, as we will soon. I won't repeat what the others have written but rest assured the positive reviews are true and you will love it here.

Caveat: European hotels can be compact and sometimes cramped compared to what we're used to in North America. Although not exactly spacious we never felt cramped. That is the worst thing I can say about the Parlamento.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Special_K_n_Marj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 April 2010

This was a great , small hotel and I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Great staff, great breakfast, and excellent location. This was my first trip to Rome and everything was at my fingertips. The rooftop was a nice break for a drink before dinner our our room was perfect and clean with a full bath. My only complaint was that our room was right off the main entrance, so we had a bit of noise in the morning, but as I discovered after traveling through Italy, walls are generally thin, so this really wasn't a big deal. I don't know what makes a hotel a 2-star or 3-star, or what gets them into the various guide books, but for me, Hotel Parlamento was definitely a 3-star and should be listed in Frommer's! The next time I go to Rome, I will stay here!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank noamaye
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 April 2010

selected Parlamento after extensive online and guidebook [re]search.
central location, price and the FABULOUS terrace - now 'our' terrace - main INITIAL criteria for me. Awesome staff, [our now] family of owner Senore Plinio [Pliny] far exceeded many and most hotel 'service' - ANYwhere. Used hotels pickup service [E55] well worth it luxury to have someone waiting past baggage for just YOU in big van, easy no stress ride to [initially] hard to find - [ Via CON-VER-titte not Via CON-DOTTI]. Extra E20 got nice, easy drive, non stop arrival tour [hwy #8] by Ostia, St John's, porta St Paolo, Collosseum, Forum, hotel. The 3 terrace rooms are IT. Terrace available to all guests. [KILLER for 2-3 couples, family or sm group] We in #104 w/ 3 single beds, yes, tight but -WORKED. REALLY comfy mattresses and thick covers [get extra pillows] all very clean; [WHY do the complainers dare mention 'small'?] modern, marble bath [is YOURS?] - VERY acceptable, lotsa high pressure hot H2O [3 ina row!]. w/ 120V outlets included. FAT towels. #104 has window for air circulation, relatively quiet for Roma, [no bars nearby!] to walk out french doors onto flowered terrace for, I think, EXCELLENT no effort breakfast served by smiling bella Angelina in our 'jammies, glass of wine in early eve, late nite reflection/unwind over tiled rooftops - and perfect for the smokers, all most convenient and fantasy fantastic. Bought picture perfect bananas and strawberries etc for AM + PM at adjacent stands. food supermarket, pharmacy, boutiques, bookstore, post OFFICE, street vendors[be Roman,get scarfs!] within block+ for picnics,early shopping etc. If your the type,as me for easy, early sightsee walks before breakfast, [which ends at humane 10:30, pui o meno] Confirm excellent coffees [hoo-ray!] n fine crossiants [complainers stay in France!] and 2 REAL fruit juices-[MY heaven!] [all you can eat/drink]. nice fruit cocktail [OK complainers-canned!] Yogurt, 3 cereals,1 a granola, quality jams,honey teas and decadent Nutella complete the lovely, immaculate AM offering and service. [Those who are Complainers can drink hemlock and DIE] [snitched the perfect bread rolls for meat, cheese and olive picnic in Ostia]
All expectations WAY exceeded, All previous [positive!] reviews confirmed - all others tiny pointless nitpicks really ['free' web junkies stay home in your bedroom]- people! - this is ROMA, in ITALY in EUROPE - get IT or don't ! most of us do not fly, travel -or live- First Class, but this a high value, high quality and 'classy' act by justly proud owner operated HOTELIERS - [if ONLY 3nd class to the travel snobs] - do better if you can find it, or afford it.- in the TOTAL sum total, I seriously doubt it can be done.
returning to Italy [army brats as children] with my 2 sisters[1 Italy born] as tourists and to visit family [Verona].
THEOFFICIAL tourist info nearby, on Via Corso, very helpful [in english] info and reservation service. Roma pass highly recommended, saved $, skipped many LOOONG lines, unlimited transport pass etc., BIG money/time saver. Big bus junction /taxi stand adjacent @Plaza San Silvestro. easy to figure bus system. Main N-S Via Corso- 15 ft! - w/ pass, buses hop on/off big feet saver too,even short hops- 15 min walk =5 min bus! great for those who accompany 'Pokey' or are fast movers..'OPEN" trolley stop #13 @ 4 blocks. short cheap taxi home at night, just say: 'Plaza San Silvestro' Very nice to stroll in eve after full days to very close Trevi-Steps-Navona-Pantheon. [later in eve day jammed trevi near deserted] multiple delicious, day/nite lanquid visits each -WOW!.no need to 'schedule'. Everywhere [EX Vatican] easy walk. Hidden gem of Ostia Antica wonderful Pompeii alternative day trip for we ancient ruin/history affictionados. [Metro/train included in roma pass, gave free Ostia entrance-intentional?usual?- instead of discount on our used passes= BIG +save!] They reccomended 'MACHARONIES' -?sp- for cheap,luxury,busy local client trattoria restaurant, which we returned to several times cause we liked it, were the only 'tourists' there, and they heartily welcomed us like lost family - how nice!
so much more to tell ya....BUT
NUFF SAID!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank captbrad617
Indianapolis
Reviewed 30 March 2010

My wife and I visited along with 4 of our friends for two nights. The hotel itself was clean and was within walking distance to all of the major attractions. The best part of this hotel is the staff. They are very friendly, and gave us alot of valuable information such as where to buy tickets to places to avoid long lines. They saved us hours of standing in lines with their tips and advice. In a very expensive city, they were a real bargain! The owner made went out of his way to let us know how much he valued our business and was as friendly as can be.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank christophbeeler
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2010

As others have mentioned, the unbeatable assets of this place are the magnificent location and the friendly, helpful and intelligent staff. If you want insights into Italisn politics and culture, Tiziano is the man to ask!

The hotel is close to the main sights, as well as the San Silvestro bus junction (bus 175 goes to Termini), the main post office, a supermarket, and a reasonably-priced "Tavola Calda", recommended to me by the hotel staff, in the same street, next to the theatre.

The rooms may benefit from a touch of sprucing up and my shower was minuscule, otherwise I would give 5 stars.

There is a Marionnaud consmetics store next door or a couple of doors down that often has incredible bargains on skin care and makeup products."

Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank bcewens
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Our six day vacation to Rome was wonderful due to the lovely
Hotel Parlamento. The location was superb, right in the center of Rome....a few minutes walk to the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain.
From the moment we entered the hotel the staff was warm and helpful.
The room we had #104 had a fantastic roof top balcony with flowers and furniture so
that we could sit outside and enjoy the rooftops of Rome..
The room was immaculate and cleaned each day with fresh towels.
Every morning after breakfast Tiziano, the owner would sit with us and help us plan
that days touring. He was our in-house tour guide with all the good tips to enhance our days touring.
I would highly recomend Hotel Parlamento to anyone visitng Rome...It is a gem of a hotel!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen1493
Worcester
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Although small, Hotel Parlamento was very friendly with a warm atmosphere and very warm rooms. The staff made us very welcome, gave us great recommendations for local restaurants and pointed out all the must do’s whilst we were there (all pointed out on their complementary map). The location was spot on for all the attractions and we really did not need our 3 day Roma passes as all the must see attractions were within walking distance. The only thing that I could criticise was the weather, which could have been a little dryer, but I can’t blame that on the hotel. A great budget hotel I would recommend to anyone.

Stayed January 2010, travelled with family