Aberdeen Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Hiberia(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$231
Hotel Adriano(Rome)
US$200
US$184
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa San Pio(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$323
US$264
US$351
US$342
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Room Service
US$263
US$225
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrick stevesbreakfast roomtrain stationvia nazionaleyogurtrepublica metrowithin walking distancemarble floorsquiet streettrevi fountainpublic transportationwould stay here againconvenient locationminute walkaround the cornerhotel is locatedspent nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

A wonderful hotel with a great staff. Located near the Repubblica metro stop. Perfect way to get around to all the sights. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They really made the place. They have a wonderful big breakfast. They rooms are plain and the bathrooms were small, but it meet our expectations. My parents room had much bigger bathroom. The hotel was well priced. I was very happy with hotel, and felt like it was a great value. They also arranged for pickup from the airport, for a excellent fee. We had family staying at hotel nearby that paid almost double for their cab!

Room Tip: Ask for large bathroom. The rooms are all a little different.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I really like that hotel. It's situated in the 19th building, very atmosphere place. the location is great, 10 min walk to Republica metro station and 20 min walk to Termini railway station. There a lot of restaurant and cafes in this area. The room was also very nice and clean. The breakfast was quite tasty, especially I liked cappuccino. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was very well located. The rooms were older but the hotel itself had a very modern and nice environment. The service was very helpful with directions and accommodations. I would recommend taking their shuttle service to the airport- very easy!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Student1993
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I think this hotel helped make our Rome trip so enjoyable. The hotel is well situated, near the metro station and convenient walking to many locations. Mariano and the staff went above and beyond expectations with their service, making sure we knew where we were going and that we had transportation to/from the airport and the shipping port. We stayed there before and after a Mediterranean cruise, and this was definitely a good call. Room was clean, and accommodated our family of 4, so we could stay in just one room. It was well above average size and quality for a European hotel. My wife thought it a bit noisy on the street, but with the windows closed, I didn't notice. It was furnished adequately, but internet did not work the first two days we were there (due to storm outage). This was inconvenient, but it was working fine when we returned. Breakfast was filling but not lavish. Make sure you ask the staff for a fresh-made cappuccino. This will be the first place I choose to reserve when I return to Rome. I cannot emphasize enough the thoughtful, friendly service- our room was even ready when we arrived at 9am from the US. This was so NICE. I've been places where they make you wait to check in in afternoon, and this can be difficult after a long flight.

Room Tip: might want to stay away from street-side if you are sensitive to noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was really unimpressed with my stay at this hotel.
The rooms (stayed in 2 different ones during trip) were small and run down (floors and walls were dirty, comforter on bed worn out, yellowed sheets & pillow cases), but both did have nicely updated bathrooms.
The hotel was so loud, you could everything in the rooms around you, hallways and from outside. The floors are wood and all night long you would here people coming/going and rolling their luggage.
The hotel is centrally located, so that is a definite plus, but I overall I would not stay there again. The metro and train station are close, but since the metro is so easy to use in Rome this is not really necessary to stay in the area.
I never was in the breakfast room, but other people I was traveling with said it wasn't very good and ended up eating out.
The hotel arranged driver service to the airport and told me it would be $45 Euros (this was said to me verbally and in a confirmation email), then at the airport the driver requested $55. That was another issue altogether, but trust me when I say arrange your own transportation!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo