“Taste and see the "real Rome"”

Tavole Romane Food Tours
Ranked #67 of 217 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Gastronomic and cultural walking tours in Rome’s real-life districts and sit-down tasting experiences with customized local and seasonal menus. All this with the support of authorized tour guides and foodie experts.For those living in Rome and for those who want to spend a few hours living the way the Romans do.Eat. Explore. Enjoy.Tavole Romane Food Tours.
Scottsdale, Arizona
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Taste and see the "real Rome"”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My husband I were in Rome and decided to take another food tour of Rome(as we had done a similar one during our visit last September). We decided on the Trionfale market tour, and found it to be an amazing experience! Our guide, Giovanna, a local Roman was bright, witty, and extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of Roman life, foods and the restaurants. She was engaging and demonstrated her passion for the city. Before you select a food tour of Rome: Consider this one! (Come hungry: You will be tasting the best that Rome has to offer).

Visited May 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food tour”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This experience was more than a food tour - it was a wonderful way to see Rome. The tour balanced sight seeing and eating perfectly! We explored areas of Rome that we wouldn't have been too otherwise, seeing the hidden spaces that only locals know about whilst tasting excellend food. Our guide was more than generous with her time - it felt like hanging out with a friend! The food was all of very high quality, locally sourced and most importantly delicious! My favourite was a little sandwich shop in Montri owned by a man from Vencie. We tried a restaurant on the next night recommended by the guide. My only wish is that we'd gone on the tour on the first day to have time to go back and eat at all the amazing places!

Visited December 2012
Brooklyn, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Perfect Day”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I went on a special tour: Borghese Gallery and tasting menu at the Michelin winner, Metamorfosi, and it was lovely. Incredible art, fun tour guide, creative & delicious meal, and delightful company in beautiful settings. What's not to love?

The meal ran late, but this is Italy, so it wasn't a big surprise.

Visited January 2013
Gillette, Wyoming
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Exceeded Expectations!”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

How to describe an experience of sights, sounds, smells, tastes and learning about an area as you walk it's streets? Perfetto! I had high hopes for a food tour in Rome and Tavole Romane exceeded expectations. We booked a private tour for four of us to accommodate a specific date. As we explored the Trastevere area there was a nice balance of history, architecture, art and tasting. We tried gelato, pizza, suppli, cheese bits, sweets, cookies and then an abundant aperitivo! Our guide was knowledgeable and paced the tour well. There was plenty of time for questions and pictures. A great value and memorable afternoon/evening.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank razorcityrunner
COMO
“An excellent choice for a team building!”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I decided to book this event as a team building activity with my colleagues and I was totally happy about my choice. My colleagues coming from different countries in Europe and some from the far east appreciated everything: the walk in one of the most typical area in Rome (Trastevere) , the visit of two churches, the taste of roman food and the professional guide speaking a perfect english. The support before the event was great and I would recommend it to all as an option to be evalueted not only for business reasons but also for private tours spending some time in amazing city as Rome is.

Visited October 2012