“Awesome place to stay”
Review of Hotel Santa Maria

Hotel Santa Maria
Ranked #10 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the last 3 nights of our UK/EURO trip..last stop Rome. This was one of our favourite places to stay, it was the most comfortable and spacious of all. The grounds of the hotel make it really relaxing to sit outside of an afternoon and enjoy the happy hour in peaceful surrounds. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also very good, best we had in Europe. The are plenty of reasonably priced restaraunts nearby to wander around and chose from. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Also we walked to all the sites of Rome from this hotel, and we were always happy to return each afternoon to relax.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,024)

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Hotel Santa Maria is wonderfully situated. All of the major tourist destinations are easily accessible from the charming Trastevere neighborhood. Yet, the hotel itself is remarkably quiet and peaceful. It creates a comfortable and welcoming respite from the hustle and bustle of Rome. The staff contributes greatly to this warm atmosphere. They always have smiles on their faces, and they are generous in assisting travelers to make the most of their trip. They made numerous restaurant reservations for me and also helped me find the ideal route via public transportation for my day trip out of Rome. The breakfasts were also very nice. There was a variety of offerings -- from cheese and salami to pastries and cereals and, of course, fresh bread with butter and jam. This was, for me, a truly perfect affordable hotel option for Rome. I will definitely return, if I ever make it to Rome again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed 3 nights in this small hotel in the middle of Trastevere. It is a very cosy and quiet place, although it is located in the middle of the trattoria's and restaurants of Trastevere. The first day we were constantly lost, as we could not find the way in the little streets of this area. It is easy to walk to all the important places in Rome, 1/2 hour walk to the Vatican, 15 minutes to Piazza Navona. Breakfast is ok, they serve very nice bread! Friendly staff. Room is good, free WIFI, spacious bathroom, we stayed in room 9. During the night is was rather hot in the room and we could not control the airco. The temperature stayed at 21 degrees Celsius, which we find too hot the sleep at night.

1  Thank Inge V
Reviewed 1 December 2013

What a wonderful place to stay if you want to be in the heart of Rome. Close to amazing restaurants and only a short walk across the Tiber to the main attractions. The staff were so friendly and generous....we were even offered a bottle of fizz as a birthday treat! Pre-dinner drinks and antipasti were always enjoyable in the hotel. As for the breakfast....it was delicious and its worth going back just for another one of their cappuccinos! We threw a coin in the Trevi fountain so we would get to back to Rome .... and back to Hotel Santa Maria

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed at this place for 8 days with my family. Perfect location, close to everything. The staff was very nice and helpful. We absolutely loved it. It's close to the center of all the restaurants and bars in Trastevere and a Close walk to Vatican City. Definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, comfortable stay in Rome.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 30 November 2013

what a beautiful hotel in a beautiful city!!!small and cosy hotel ( i loved the exterior,too), if you want to stay inside.Otherwise it is close to many sights.friendly staff. good breakfast. i would recommend it.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We had a wonderful time at Hotel Santa Maria. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The location was great, a small hotel in a neighborhood. It was enjoyable to wander the narrow alleys looking for shops and places to eat. We had easy access to all the attractions we wanted. Breakfast, well lets just say I am asking for a cappuccino machine for Christmas this year, and I am a tea drinker! I traveled with my husband, our 9 year old daughter and my parents, in their late 60's. WE all loved it ! We could hear the church bells, and other guests. I only noticed when I was awake, it never woke me up or my family. My father had trouble with the WiFi, I didn't have as much trouble. Happy hour was wonderful too. We loved to gather to relax an hour before dinner and talk, play cards etc. My hot chocolate drinking 9 year old looked forward to it as much as we did. Overall, we all loved our stay and hope to return.

Room Tip: Room 12 had space for twin beds pushed together= Italian queen/king, and a separate room for our dau...