“Small, Simple Room in a Perfect Location”
Review of Hotel Mimosa

Hotel Mimosa
Ranked #321 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My friend and I stayed 3 nights in Hotel Mimosa August 2012. This hotel was our introduction to European hotels and to Rome, and it was perfect. Our room had 3 twin sized beds, a small bathroom with a (tiny) European shower, and a huge window over looking a cute cobble stone street.

The hotel is a little difficult to find, as it is tucked away on a quiet street immediately behind the Pantheon. The door is also not clearly marked, and seems a bit like Hogwarts Express Platform 9 and 3/4.

The location of the hotel is PERFECT.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CityCarolyn

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed at Hotel Mimosa for my first two nights in Rome before moving into an apartment that I was renting for the remainder of my stay. The staff was incredibly welcoming and accommodating. I arrived very early (way before check in time) and they offered me coffee and breakfast. They kept my bags and passport safe before I was able to check in to my room as well as after I checked out (and before I moved to my other place). They were very helpful in providing directions and recommendations for places to go in Rome. My room had all of the accommodations I needed, and I found the beds quite comfortable. Lastly, I left my credit card there accidentally after I checked out and they emailed me immediately and kept the card safe for me until I was able to pick it up. I would definitely recommend Hotel Mimosa to others visiting Rome!

Room Tip: I stayed in the room right off of the lobby/check-in desk. As a woman traveling solo, I felt safe in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ana Lucia D
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We needed lodging for our first night in Rome before transitioning into an apartment for a longer stay, and I am writing to say that you should definitely stay here. We loved our stay at Hotel MImosa because of the personalized service we experienced during our short stay at the hotel. Our lack of Italian was not a problem, and we checked in with no difficulty. The breakfast room is really beautiful and quaint, with large windows that let the breeze and light in. The pastries, bread, jam, juice, and coffee were the perfect way to start the day, and the attentive staff person kept the room clean and stocked nonstop. I know this because I sat in that room for quite awhile while my husband slept off his jet lag;) They served "American coffee," and they also had espresso drinks as an option.

The staff were gracious when we were late checking out and urged us not to rush, and then stowed our luggage and passports for us during the day after we checked out. They made us feel very welcome even after we had checked out and came back to retrieve our belongings.

If we are ever in Rome again, we will definitely revisit Hotel Mimosa.

Room Tip: Our friend had room 3 and I really liked her room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank arinaziggom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I don't know how other rooms in this hotel look like, but our, numbered just "B" was far from the picture; quite dark, not the cleanest, no TV, no hair dryer; problems with hot water and regulating the temperature once it was on - sometimes we had to shower in freezing cold water, sometimes to try to use almost scalding water...) We wanted to swap the room but hotel was fully booked.
Not much choice for the breakfast, mostly sweet pastry and bread & jam (beware - runs out of bread quickly!) - however, we've been told it apparently is a standard in Italy - sweets for breakfast. Coffee from the coffee machine was not the best either.
On the good side - 1. we asked for espresso after breakfast - and it was excellent; 2. kettles and assortment of teas/instant coffee available to take to your room, 3. free wi-fi and also access to the computer in the corridor; 4. We have been granted a discount due to problems with shower; 5. staff very nice and speaking English; 6. Last, but not least - EXCELLENT LOCATION - literally 1 minute to the Pantheon and good starting point to other attractions

Room Tip: Avoid room marked as just "B"! (don't know about the other rooms)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Monczak
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The hotel's location is superb. A 2-3 minutes walk from the hotel takes you right to the Pantheon. It's also extremely easy to walk from the hotel/ Pantheon area to other sites of interest in the historic area like the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, the Spanish Steps, and even The Vatican. A 5 minutes walk from the hotel takes you to the di Toree Argentina area where you can handily catch bus #87 to the Colosseum, or take bus #64 or #40 to the train station. (What I found surprising about Rome is that you can actually walk to all the sites of interest!)

The room was of decent size and clean. Mine did not have a view outside the window, but it didn't really matter to me, as I was hardly in the room anyway. I love that I had my own set of keys so that I can come and go as I please. My room was cleaned every morning eventhough I kept my room keys with me. The price per night for was a little bit more than I expected, but I think it was probably because I had a double room for one person, and May was the beginning of high tourist season. I was very happy that the credit card machine was working, so that I was able to pay my bill with it. Both the woman and the man working the front desk were very nice and easy to talk to.

Overall I was happy with my experience at Mimosa. It's not a fancy 4-5 stars hotel, but it's decent and clean at a great location in central Rome. I'm ever in the city again, I would definitely look up this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Axel2DP
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This is a great hotel for people on a budget who want a superb location. We were able to reach nearly all the principle sights by foot, which is especially important in Rome because the public transportation can be more challenging than it is in some other major European cities. The accommodations are simple but sufficient, and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 3 May 2013

You really can't beat the location! It's in the heart of Rome in one of the most romantic and nice neighborhood of the city center. People were extremely nice. The place was perfectly clean. Our room actually came with Aircon and was quite large. If you want to be downtown 1 minute from the Pantheon and about 10 to nightlife then this is a great spot.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family