“Not as advertised”
Review of Hotel Pomezia

Hotel Pomezia
Ranked #1,009 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Not at all what was advertised. Not a B & B, NO inroom AC or wifi. Smallest hotel room EVER. When we asked for a larger room, with 2 beds, we were told none were available but they could "separate" our one bed. This consisted of putting separate sheets on each half of the bed. After first day sight seeing came back to find my ipad had been stolen out of suitcase in my room. When I asked for help, the desk clerk said I would need to speak with the owner. When I went to speak to the owner, he started yelling at me and my sister that this was not his problem. We were the problem and we should get out of his hotel. We were too much problem and he didn't need our business. His screaming and attitude ruined my entire visit to Rome. Water always smelled like sewage. With the exception of 1 front desk person, very few speakers of English. Breakfast was fine. It is a good location, but think you couldn't find a better place in the same area. I would NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank RAK_Springfield
There are newer reviews for Hotel Pomezia

Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel whilst on a business trip and can thoroughly recommend it - it's not fancy, but it was clean and charming. There is a TV and phone in each room, the breakfast is included and is very good. The rooms were cleaned every day and the staff were all friendly and helpful. It is in an excellent location, 1 minute from the Campo de fiore, and very close to the Pantheon, Piazza Navone and Trastevere. It's excellent value for money and I would go back again anytime.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my wife and daughter in a triple bed bedroom, the service was exellent, the location exellent aswell, very close to the major attractions in rome, like walking distance to colliseum, maybe 15 mins walking, very close to La fontana de trevi, and aswell one of the things i was so happy about was that even that we check out at 11am you can leave your bags in a little room the have, so you can enjoy the rest of the time you have before you leave rome, come back for your bags a catch your flight, i was so happy for that because i was already planing to take my big bags with me to the city because my flight was later in the night so left at 11am and came back for my bags at almost 5pm it was great and so helpful

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Heavenkitchenz
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This is by far the best location you will find for this price, right in the heart of Rome. You can easily walk everywhere, minutes away from campo di fiori, Piazza Navona, Trastevere etc. It was a mission to take all our luggage upstairs as there is no elevator. I unfortunately got stuck with a really tiny room, so the space was quite cramped but my friends had a nicer room. Some rooms are much nicer than others, so make sure you inquire when booking. However, its clean, has air conditioning, and free breakfast is provided. Good hospitality as the staff is generally helpful. Overall, its not a bad place to stay for a few days if you are on a budget as the location is unbeatable.

Room Tip: Do not choose the corner rooms on any floor at the end of the hallway. They are tiny and cramped.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank farwa_kaz
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel's main attraction is its location. Overall, it's OK. The main drawback is the absence of the elevator and the stairs are pretty steep. The personnel is (mostly) friendly and helpful. Depends on the shift.Some of them realize that this is not the Ritz and try to compensate by extending little extras and were reliable and prompt. The breakfast is VERY meager. No meat, no real cheese. Good croissants, and some soft cheese triangles, butter, cereal and not much else. Coffee from the generic self-operated pre-filled machine is awful, but they make great coffee from the proper bar machine, you just have to ask.
The bathroom was very clean, but poorly stocked. When we asked, they brought more supplies promptly.
It was kind of noisy outside, but they were repairing the street below.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank loveopera2much
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Unfortunately, we were forced to stay at this hotel by default due to a booking error at our first choice. Wow, what a letdown after travelling for 20 hours. The staff was rude. We were told there was A/C, but when entering the room, it was hot and the A/C did not work.. When we asked the staff at the desk, he said it was not hot enough for the A/C. It was 85 degrees and much hotter in the room. How hot does it have to be for A/C? Ig A/C is listed as one of the amenities in the room, I should be the one to decide if it is neede or not, not the man at the desk. We opened our window to a nasty courtyard and no breeze and listened to the clatter of dishes banging until after 2:00AM. There was a restaurant below and beside us. There is no lift. We climbed 3 narrow flights of steps. I don't know where the room are in the pictures on their site, but the room we stayed in was nast and unkempt. Walls were filthy, furniture was old and outdated, and the mattress was thin, uncomfortable and without support. Bedspread was old and picked. When we folded down the spread, there was a big, long, black hair on my pillow. Bathroom was old, but beter than the room. We were exhausted, but we stayed out of the room until later in the day, hoping it would be a little cooler, but the noisy kitchen below kept us awake most of the night. We got up early the next morning and checked out. $100E for the night was way overpriced, and I would caution anyone about staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: There isn't a good room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

Pros and cons. Great location, 2 mins to Campo dei Fiori and Piazza Novona; clean, warm and great shower; decen-isht breakfast (ask for coffee, don't use the machine); mixed staff - friendly enough IF you engage them.
Decor VERY tired and fittings long past best; no lift and 4 floors; noisy; kitchen fan pushes smells (not unpleasant) up past room windows.
Would I stay again? Probably not.
For a warm, clean place to sleep, it's fine; for a holiday you'd want something a little better.