“What an unexpected delight”

Ranked #366 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My wife and i recently travelled to Rome and stayed at the Residenza di Ripetta and what a delight it was. Rooms are eligent and large(espessially by Rome standards) the staff were friendly and helpfull and it is so close to many of the sights you want to see. The Piatza de Popolo was fantastic to be at when Italy beat Germany in the Euro Cup. Many thanks to Sonia and all the staff for all their hard work it is a holiday we will remember for ever and we cant wait to return.

Room Tip: We had three couples and all rooms were excellent
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,

thank you for stopping by Tripadvisor to share your experience. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in our property and also appreciated the fact of being in the heart of Rome. This is the location to be when majour events happen!

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Nice place,at centre of rome,nice place to have a short vacation in Rome,you can find staff very professional and all of you need,without talking about happy hour at Garden Ripetta,one of the best place near Piazza del Popolo to have some relax and very intersting happy hour,if you are looking for a little trip in rome,becarefull,don't miss RESIDENZA RIPETTA,see you ASAP!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

we are delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and that you really liked and enjoyed our Happy Hour in the Garden. This Djset Apertif is becoming one of the benchmarks of Roman Movida!

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Very good location but pathetic state of hotel. When we arrived and got upgraded to a suit, we were expecting a relaxed place to rest. However, the suit was a duplex with a 4seater dining, 2 dearer sofa n a flat screen tv with a kitchen in a cupboard. The bed, bathroom n wardrobe were upstairs. Considering we packed for two weeks, there was no way we were planning to carry our luggage upstairs. So we basically hat to keep running up and down for smallest of thing. Secondly, it had the shower that I guess Romans used in 1700. Lol! The shower was above the tub one could barely stand in. The water was so forceful and sprinkled across bathroom that it leaked outside wetting the dirty carpet. We had to sleep all night with a stink in the room. We had to use all towels to soak the water. The only thing good bout this place was that it was so awful that we had to stay out till late which made us see the whole of Rome :) the location is fab though.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank GlobetrotterSuman

Dear guest,

we are sorry you haven't been happy with the room upgrade, we candidly believed to be doing a pleasant courtesy to you.
Concerning the shower leak, we surely would have helped you if you called the Reception.
We would have firstly taken care of the water drying and, in case of necessity, would have moved you to a different room.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Perhaps the GM should spend more time on seeing that this hotel meets acceptable standards
as a pleasant accommodation in Rome and less time appeasing disgruntled guests via lame responses via Trip Advisor after the fact. During my recent stay the front desk was a hot bed of complaints and most were handled with a lack of sincerity and lame excuses. Sure, I booked on a website, but for more than $200 per night( for a single) I had no reason to think I would be getting a one star experience. Since I had paid in full several months back, ( no refund which I understood)I was heartily dismayed to find that I was stuck. I write this so others don't fall into the same trap. I was shown the back quarters to the most dreary, sad, stained carpet, scratches on the old walls and told I had already been Upgraded. From what, the cellar? Two more room changes and I realized this was a good as it gets. I actually put bath towels over the
chairs and nasty, worn sofa prior to sitting on them. The air con is non- existent, the front desk
is officious and almost shifty. ie. When I asked for them to print my boarding pass they told
me I could do it myself on the TV in the room - for 10 E for wi-fi - I don't think so. When I asked
for a taxi to the airport I got three different price quotes....after I showed them my carry on luggage and article saying that the ride would be 48/49E. I wouldn't put my worst enemy here,
however, full disclosure requires me to say that the hotel is extremely well located and the
bathroom and bedding were both very clean. Breakfast was boring, but generous so no
complaint about that. However, this hotel needs to CLOSE DOWN and RENOVATE ALL
THE ROOMS or else people need to be advised that they will get ample dingy, dreary
space and lousy, often borderline unpleasant service in a hotel that has absolutely no
shine on any of it's stars.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank susan n

Dear guest,

the answers, that I personally take care of, are made with the only intent of thanking our guests for their comments and have the oppurtunity to explain the facts from our side. I know that sometimes it is so easy to leave a negative feedback and describe the fact focusing on the negative highlights never touching the positive facts, that is why we believe it is fare to all our guests to express the hotel point of view. Regarding your compliants about the cancellation policy, it is correct to say that the room was booked by you choosing a not refoundable rate and no one here has the intention to do any trap. It is unaccetable to be accused of such a bad attitude towards our guests.
The front desk attitude is to do their outmost to satisfy the guest needs and requests, even a simple print of boarding pass that they do daily with no charge and with a sincere smile. The 10 Euro charge described from you are for the High Speed internet Service in general. It can, of course, be used to do your On Line Check In, but when the Online chek in is the only guest need the Front Desk always offer assistance for that kind of operations. Concerning the Taxis fees you have to know that the City Council has introduced the new flat rate of 48.00 Euros from May 2012 while before it was 40.00 Euros. We believe that the confusion regarding the price was generated but that.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

I stayed at the hotel in May in Room 207. I have to agree with the majority of the reviews in that the quality of the rooms falls far below what I would normally expect for a 4 star hotel. This room had a mezzanine level where the bedroom and bathroom were located. The standard of furnishings were poor and literally nothing like any of the hotel photographs. On entering the room there was a large area with a sofa and flat screen TV and a small unit of cooking facilities. If you wanted to use this there was a charge so we didn't - who wants to cook on holiday? The bedroom area was accessed by a curved staircase from the lower level - there was one window in the whole room which didn't have a blackout curtain merely a sort of thin filmy covering.
Upstairs was the main disappointment. The safe when we managed to find it on had incredibly complicated instructions but in any case the mechanism came off in our hands and the wardrobe had one broken door. The bathroom was just ok - slightly mouldy bath and cheap cupboards. It also had one of the old fashioned hairdryers attached to the wall that was fairly ineffectual. However the most annoying thing was the air con - or lack of. When we entered the room the thermostat was on 33 degrees and on trying to set the temperature we got precisely nothing coming out of the units. We asked at Reception on the way out and they immediately called 'Luigi' to sort it out. Obviously we don't understand Italian so I think 'Luigi' is a euphemism for 'pretend to the stupid tourists you are fixing the air-con when you are not going to' because in previous replies to complaints regarding the lack of air-con the hotel has replied that as yet another constraint on them by the very demanding rules and regulations set up by the Italian authorities to make your visit as miserable as possible (see 'irons') they are only allowed to have the aircon in use at certain times of the year and at certain hours of the day. Again something that doesn't occur anywhere else in the world, and I've travelled extensively. So we baked in 34-36 degrees for the entire duration of the stay. Don't try to sleep with the window open as from 6am it sound like someone is running a recycling centre right below the window.

I anticipate a 'we are sorry' comment from the hotel and that they would have put things right if they had known but to be honest when the first request doesn't work you don't tend to bother as you are there to enjoy the sights not to have it out with ineffectual management. It should be normal practice to check that your rooms are in functioning condition before your next guests check in (and if they say they do, well - it's not me who has anything to gain by saying otherwise).

Location was excellent, walking distance to most sights and plenty of bars and restaurants around, Breakfast was ok - staff were surly but I was interested in befriendly them so I personally wasn't bothered. Coffee offered but no tea in sight - I settled for juice. Hotel front desk helpful in keeping our bags secure when we had to check out of the room several hours before our flight.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank harleyWorcester

Dear guest,

we apologize for anything that may have negatively affected your stay in Rome. We surely wish to affirm that we never considered our guests as "stupid tourists". We take in very good consideration each single guest, because it is our job and mission. We are sorry about the noises that came from outside, but that can not really be managed by the hotel. We do confirm that in May the AC was switched on only in some specific hours, as per the city council law. By the way, the highest temperature recorded in Rome during the month of May 2012 was 26C°, so we consider your review important to us but does not honestly reflect the reality.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Last month we had the pleasure to spend 4 memorable nights at Residenza di Ripetta. It is located very central and therefore it's easy to get to all the main attractions Rome has to offer rather quick. The room was very spacious, quiet and featured with everything you possibly need to enjoy your stay. It is also thanks to all the helpful staff and the great service provided that our stay was over expectations. I can highly suggest this classy place and will for sure come back to Residenza di Ripetta for my next stay in Rome.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

It was our pleasure to have you here in Residenza di Ripetta and we hope you will soon come back. To be over guests expectations is the most desirable compliment we can wish for, thank you!

Reviewed 27 June 2012

We loved this hotel, the location was excellent! Our room was absolutely clean confortable and quiet. Breakfast was very enjoyable, all staff were very friendly and super helpful. The garden was beautiful, WONDERFUL view from the roof!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear guest,

thank you for choosing Residenza di Ripetta for your stay in Rome and thank you for your kind words. Come back soon and we will be as much delighted to have you here than we were during your last visit!