“Very roma-ntic !!”

Hotel Robinson
Ranked #781 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
“Very roma-ntic !!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012 via mobile

We had room 210 ( One of the best) for 7 nights and just loved this place !

1 Thank Lukas K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Travelling on my own, I walked a lot of Rome my first day asking rates here and there, and whilst hotels are soooo over priced in Rome I found this little gem, quiet reasonable , very clean, quiet, and literally 30 second ! walk to termini front door , really really ideal for back packing , early trains , subway Etc. my room was cleaned and serviced every day , tv, single bed , large bathroom and shower , the room was small enough but yet practical and sufficed my needs, when checking out after the week the reception even looked after my bags for the day as my flight was not until evening. Would definitely recommend this cute good quality hotel and stay again here .

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Joe L
Finland
Reviewed 21 July 2011

1/The best thing about the hotel is its location. Comming with Teravision bus directly from Rome-Ciampino airport, it just 5 min walk from Termini Station.

2/The room was clean, but w/o air-condition (seemed to be broken) that made the stay more hot and hard to sleep, as it was about 30C outside;

3/We stayed in hotel for 5 days, at the beginning they put us in the room with 3 beds and the next day they excused us and said that we need to move to other room with 2 beds as it was agreed before. I found it quite inconvenient to move from one room to another and pack my things again.

4/Then during our stay for some time the electricity stoped to work in the night. That made the emergency lamp blink whole night in the room.

5/Breakfast not that good as I found in previous reviews, the hotel has agreement with near cafe-bar Roberto, where they served one drink (juice or coffee) and cruasan, thats it!

But in general not too bad!:)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 2 May 2010

my flight was scheduled to leave on the 29th from Rome back home and to be safe... i arrived Rome 1 day early. Arrived at Rome Termini around 9am and just decided to pop into one of the hotels nearby for one night... Robinson's Hotel is a little bit on the inside of a block of buildings..so it's a little bit off the main street and definitely quieter.... But worth the money to spend considering its like less than 5 minutes walk with two big luggage from the train station...and maybe i was lucky.... they let me check in immediately which was around 10am... so i got a few extra hours sleep in comfort... the room i got is a two single bed room on the ground floor.... just a few rooms from the reception... they have good internet coverage... but it was tricky to access at first since (for some reason) their modem could not recognize my laptop (which was using Windows 7)...but once connected... its free Wifi for the whole stay... :) room was a bit on the small size as i believe it was meant for a single bed but they crammed in two. What surprised me was the toilet... shower is just a small space in the corner with flimsy shower curtain that barely covers you(not that i need it anyway...hehehe)... otherwise.. the room is very clean... thick mattress...good ventilation...no noise.... i slept like a baby..
Foods are not a problem at all... there more than enough choices of food around the place and within walking distance... so it was a good choice for me. By the way.. i met 3 of their staff while staying there... superb service... they were so sweet and although two of them couldn't understand english... they tried their best to help me with my laptop...

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Allenlee123
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2009

We stayed at this hotel during our 5 day stay in Rome. We stayed in room 201.

Here is a quick breakdown of pros and cons:

Pros:
-5 minute walk from Termini train station. There is a fruit market on the same street, along with a internet/laundry cafe in close proximity
-friendly & helpful staff
-there was a small bar fridge, but don't expect it to keep things ice cold.
-front desk is avaiable 24 hours and they have security cameras

cons:

-renovations were taking place during our stay and we had to leave the room by 9:30am because we couldn't stand the constant drilling noises. Not a real issue if you plan your day early.
-shower floor was levelled with the bathroom floor so water would get everywhere
-there was a weird smell on the bed by the head board, smelled a lot like rubber and sweat
-our bed was bascially two single beds pushed together
-bed was too big for the room and I kept banging my leg everytime I tried to walk between the bed and table
-there was no A/C, that was an extra cost. We tried opening the windows but not a real solution since the street can get noisy
-you need to provide a $20 deposit in order to get a remote control for the tv, that was a bit weird since you are already paying for the room.
-towels were really thin, similar to bed sheets, so keep that in mind if you book.

They are in the process of renovating so maybe once that's done they will have better rooms. Overall I think I would try a different hotel if I do return to Rome.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ClonedTwice
Sweden
Reviewed 31 March 2009

I loved Hotel Robinson. Great location, although it's right next to Termini it feels safe. It's location are actually very convinient.
The staff is friendy and helpful.
Nice breakfast.
Nice rooms; not big not fany but ok.
The price are allright.
The place feels really safe, since there are people at the receptions 24h a day.
A really nice place, and I will come back!

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Egus
London
Reviewed 4 January 2009

We booked Hotel Robinson with fairly low expectations. The price was competitive and we knew that some of the places by Termini were a bit dodgy.

However, we were pleasantly surprised by Hotel Robinson. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The room was small, but well equiped and very clean.

On arrival I realised that Amex had booked me a twin when we wanted a double. We were fairly relaxed about it, but in any case, the staff made an extra-special effort to change all of the furniture in the room - and we were only staying for three nights!

• Liked — Helpful staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple