“Wonderful 5-star stay at our fabulous little Rome hotel!”
Review of Apollo Hotel

Apollo Hotel
Ranked #207 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
States
“Wonderful 5-star stay at our fabulous little Rome hotel!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Great little family-operated hotel in centro storico Rome located a few blocks from the colosseum. The family and staff strive to make your stay a pleasant experience and it certainly was that. They were always ready with a smile to answer any questions or provide assistance. Our room was very pretty and was well appointed and was quite spacious for Rome standards. The bathroom was spotless and had a shower - not one of those deep and dangerous bathtubs so prevelant in Italy. A tasty breakfast buffet is served daily up on the terrace and fresh cappucino is made to order. The hotel is located in a great area - we always felt safe walking around. It is close to two metro stops: the colosseo and Via Cavour. There are lots of little restaurants around as well as various little shops and tiny grocers. We would highly recommend Hotel Apollo Roma! We have returned here numerous times - each stay is always a wonderful experience! Thank you!!

Room Tip: Hotel is located in a working section in central historical Rome - some street noise is inevitable...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We rented the five person apartment from Hotel Apollo. I was very nervous, as it was quite hard to determine what it would look like from the Hotel Apollo site and various review sites I could find. It ended up being great, and a huge value for the price and location. The five person apartment is on via Urbana 76. It has a kitchen, bedroom with I believe a queen bed and a full bath, another single bedroom, another full bath, and a pull-out couch in the family room. For our family of four, it was great. It was very clean, new, and well lit. The decor was sparse, but that didn't matter to us. We were right near everything we wanted to see, and couldn't believe we got such a big place for so cheap. The wireless was not great, so don't depend on that. We really couldn't use it inside the apartment. The hot water went in and out (burning to freezing) on a 15 second interval both mornings we were there. We didn't have any luck trying to use the phone to call over to the front desk at the main hotel. And lastly, they really should provide luggage service to get your stuff to the apartments. It's quite a hike with big suitcases. Despite all of this, I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here from 16th - 21st October 2013. Great location - we dined in restaurants around the centre of Rome and walked home every night . Breakfast was good for a 3 star hotel - cereals, juice, ham, cheese, yoghurt, bread, croissants etc. Bedroom clean - we had a double and a single bed - two people sharing . No shortage of hot water. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. The view from the window was the back of buildings but again it is just a 3 star hotel in a street setting.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room with a big window as the rooms are dark.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Castleknock2013
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel has a fabulous location only a few minutes walk from the colosseum but we had such a terrible experience when we arrived that I would not recommend it to anyone. I arrived with 3 young children at 1.30 in the morning in the middle of a festival in the street full of dense, drunk crowds. We were sent off to find the apartment which was 500meters away but we couldn't find it and I was very frightened of loosing my children in the crowds, I found it hard to carry all my bags through so many people and was worried about my bag being snatched as we had received many warnings about pick pockets in Rome. When I returned the man on reception refused to help me and was very rude. I was too scared to go out again so I said we would sit in reception until morning when it was safe. The man said I had to sit next door in a bar and when I refused we said I was a bad mother and a bad example to my children and I should sit where I was told. I explained I had just paid him over 1500 euros and he yelled "people pay much more than that now sit in the bar next door not in here and do what I tell you to do" when he realised I was not going to move he eventually took us to our room but this was 40 minutes after we arrived and he was shouting at us so loudly both myself and my children where very shaken and unable to sleep. I complained the next morning to the manager but he never got back to me. The room was also very noisy as theappartment next door were loud through the night and the walls were paper thin.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank 553traveller
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have booked initially room in the hotel, but we were moved to an appartement near to the hotel. In the appartement was only cold water. After several complaints nobody did anything until decided to move away. I strongly do not recommend this hotel and I do not understand why this hotel has so many positive reviews.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank helkehelke
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed in one of the apartments that is down the street from the actual hotel. It has one separate bedroom and a pull out bed in the living room area which our two teenagers slept in. There is a kitchenette area with small stovetop, refrigerator, and dishes. The location is great - very close to the Colosseum, other ruins, and many good restaurants. You feel like a local because the rest of the building is regular apartments where normal people live. The only problem was that the internet connection never worked correctly (even after the router was replaced) which was an issue for us because my husband and son had work to complete.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank geogiraffe
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Excellant service. Clean, great location and awesome breakfast provided. Stayed in an apartment down the road from the hotel. Spacious and even closer to the Colosseum than the hotel. Great restaurants and gelato shops on the same road.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends