“Hotel Ludovisi Palace”

Hotel Ludovisi Palace
Ranked #350 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Near Spanish Steps. The Hop On Hop Off buses are just in front of the hotel. Breakfast consist of basic necessities with limited selection of hot foods such as scrambled eggs and bacon. No waffles. Limited fresh fruit. Coffee/Tea facilities not offered during the day but there's an electric kettle provided in the room and complimentary beverage packs.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Location of hotel : very close to Spanish steps & Via Veneto neighbourhood
Staff : nice & helpful
Rooms: small but clean, the only problem was the carpet that became wet whenever we took a shower!
Bathroom: big but weird shower the water went outside and wet the floor every time we took a shower.
Breakfast : good option having breakfast included... Delicious croissants and cheese!
Wifi: very very slow....
Neighbourhood: very calm close proximity to banks and offices!!!

Be just extra careful for extra charges: we booked through hotels.com and we were 3 people to stay in our room when we arrived there, they told us that there would be an additional charge of 40 euro for the extra person but when we booked with hotels.com they weren't any???
Another afternoon when we came back at the hotel room we saw that someone had drank a bottle of frizzante water and had left the bottle there... I brought the bottle downstairs and gave it to the guy on the front desk!

When we checked out few days later there was a charge of 11 euro for the same water bottle on the hotel receipt!!!

Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This place was a wonderful stay in Rome. Very close to the metro for convenient transport to any location in Rome, but on a quiet street which allowed us to have sound, undisturbed sleep. When we arrived, the hotel staff literally ran down the front steps to carry our bags inside for us. The hotel porter was extremely friendly and helpful, answering all of our questions and giving us plenty of information. The room was very comfortable with a queen bed and clean, spacious bathroom. The room as well air conditioned and very quiet. The breakfast was excellent! It had everything that you could want; fresh eggs, cold cuts and other meats, yogurt, milk, cereal, juice, fruits and pasties! I am a big Scandinavian and I never left there hungry.

I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Friendly staff, nice room but best of all the breakfast was awesome!!! The selection wasn't the largest I have encountered but the quality of food they put out is great! In terms of location it's good, very close to the Spanish steps and within walking distance to everything including sites, shopping and food! They have a computer to use in one of their dining rooms which has free internet access. About a 15 minute walk to the Termini which is pretty straight forward and if your coming from the airport you can pay 14 euro to get a train then walk or pay 15 euro to get a bus and dropped at your hotel... Go figure which one you would take ;o) (Bought tickets at the airport near the train station entry) Keep in mind our driver thought he was a rally driver and I almost wet myself a few times...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stu W
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I am a travel agent specializing in Italy vacations. I travel to Italy every year and Rome is always my first stop. This year I decided to stay at Ludovisi Palace and was so happy that I did. I now have a great hotel to add to my list of hotels in Rome that I would recommend to my clients. It has a great location, friendly staff, nice rooms and good breakfast. The rooms are very clean and a nice size as they always tend to be small when staying in a big city like Rome. I was traveling with friends and they too loved the hotel. They arrived prior to me and the staff was very helpful in giving them names of restaurants and answering all the questions about the beautiful city. It is very close to the Via Veneto and within walking distance to the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Borghese gardens and museum and metro stops. It is also very close to my favorite restaurant, "Vladimiro Ristorante Marcello" on Via Aurora right off the Via Veneto.
I cannot say enough about this hotel except I will be back and I hope this helps others looking for an affordable charming hotel in the eternal city.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank NJRoseann
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My wife, sister and niece stayed at this lovely hotel near the Borghese Park in Rome 5 nights in late July. This hotel has a great, friendly, courteous multiligual staff who are always looking for ways to make your stay more pleasant. I want to especially commend Alberto, who helped us book tours, find great restaurants and make helpful suggestions every time we came into the lobby. The rooms are clean, comfortable and an excellent value. Breakfast was excellent. If you enjoy running the beautiful Borghese park is nearby. Be sure to obtain online reservations well in advance of your trip for the tremendous Borghese art gallery. There is an ATM just across the street and Metro stations nearby. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel, a great base for your Roman holiday. Mike and Laurel M

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Our family of four just returned from having spent 5 nights at the Ludovisi Palace Hotel in Rome - 4 before departing on a Mediterranean cruise, and 1 immediately after the cruise for one last night in Rome before heading home.

I was pleased they were able to extend the discounted rate for a 4 night stay minimum to our one last night - other Rome hotels we contacted were not willing to do so. Since we booked two rooms for our family (17 and 19 year old sons would have made for an unpleasantly crowded room), the savings was appreciated.

We arrived at about 10:15 a.m. after almost 24 hours in transit and were pleased to learn one of our rooms were ready. We were offered to have breakfast (closes at 10:30 a.m.) and enjoyed the first of our breakfasts in the sunny dining room: delicious coffee, an array of pastries, thinly sliced meats and cheeses, fruits and eggs. By the time we finished eating, both rooms were ready for us to check in, freshen up and start exploring the sites of Rome.

Our rooms were small as expected, but certainly roomy enough for two, clean and well appointed. Plenty of closet and drawer storage space. Watch your head in the bathroom - my 6'4" son banged his head on the sink when standing up from the toilet as he was leaning forward when seated. We loved the views of Via Ludovisi from our 4th floor rooms.

Hotel staff spoke good English and were very welcoming. They made calls for us when we needed help with arranging a last minute visit to the Borghese Villa (advance reservations are recommended) and with restaurant suggestions. They also booked private car transit for us from the airport (60 Euro for three of us in a sedan - my older son arrived later in the day and we booked his shuttle transfer on our own) and back to the airport (80 Euro for four of us in a minivan). Car transit was on time with friendly drivers.

The location is great - easy access from the Barberini Metro station, just a couple of blocks off of the Via Veneto and an easy walk to Spanish Steps and Borghese Villa. We loved that it had a neighborhood feel.

Down side - hotel laundry was crazy expensive. Our older son arrived having already been traveling for almost two weeks and he had a duffle bag full of dirty laundry. I had searched some self-service laundries in Rome and the front desk clerk discouraged us from using them, saying they could only vouch for their own laundry service. We decided to pull a few items for the hotel laundry and explore the self service laundries on our own. 4 t-shirts, 4 shorts, 2 pair of socks and 4 boxer shorts cost 66 Euro - about $86!!! (The next day we took the Metro to a self service laundry near Termini station called Onda Verde and handed them an IKEA bag stuffed with the rest of his very dirty laundry as well as our dirty clothes from the first few days of our trip. Hung out at a cafe for about an hour and a half checking email and drinking coffee and returned to clean and folded clothes for about 25 Euro which included the cost of soap and drying).

The hotel had umbrellas available for us to borrow which we ended up needing. Wifi was free and working (although sometimes slow) throughout our visit. Each of us were issued a separate internet ID and password - one for each wireless device.

A great location and perfect for our family's first visit to Rome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Via Ludovisi. Noise was not an issue for us - we slept soundly all 5 nights.