“Nice and quiet”

Hotel Art by the Spanish Steps
Ranked #287 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Nice hotel, in a quiet little street near the Spanish Steps. Very trendy. The rooms are nicely disigned, bathrooms are bightly coloured, looks great (for a couple of days at least).
View from our room window was a wall but well hidden behind nice curtains, and who cares? You should be out in the city!
Very good breakfast, high quality food, great coffee and good service. Although the breakfast room might be a little bit more 'intimate" more separated from the reception area.
Lies in one of the best parts of Rome, which is one of the best cities in the world.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DVG59

Reviewed 19 December 2009

I stayed 2 nights at Hotel Art - took me a little while to find it as the transfer driver dropped me at the Spanish Steps and then pointed in the direction I was to walk - not extremely helpful but he said only small taxis could fit down the lane where it was - not bigger transfer vans. I eventually found it and it is a very funky boutique hotel. My room was very small but it was only me in there so was okay. The hallway leading up to the room had sensors when you walked into the hall, it lit up and being on the "green" floor the halls lit up to be a bright lime green. My room had a one -off piece of artwork in it (as do all the rooms) and a single bed. The bathroom was very cool with great ammentities and lots of little spot lights. Shower was great and nice and bright with yellow mosaic tiles. I had a view from my window into the below courtyard which had some great arty furniture in it. The tv doubles as a computer and the best thing was, as I wasn't travelling with a laptop, I could use the internet in my room and it was 5 euro for 24 hours which was great value. Word of warning - use this access as if you go to the business centre below to use internet, I paid 16euro for 45 minutes as first night my internet in the room was down. Staff are helpful enough but not excessively friendly. Breakfast was good and the waiter there was quick to offer tea/coffee in the morning which was good. Overall, loved the hotel as it was unique and a 3 min walk to Spanish Steps and lots of shopping.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank hunta2
Reviewed 31 October 2009

The hotel looks very nice and is trendy and beautifull. We think it is too expensive for what you get. The room is nice and modern but small. The breakfastroom is also the restaurant (small choice) and the chairs are trendy but you can not sit on it a very long time. Drinks in the hotel are very expensive. Its located in a quit street so thats nice. We had a very nice time but we would not stay here again because for the money you can get more.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2009

we got a special offer during August and really enjoyed the hotel. It is very cool and sophisticated with a very unique, modern interior and a decent, albeit slightly slow breakfast service. It is central and the rooms were small but nice. But please beware, we drove into Rome and it is a NIGHTMARE to find by car and there are all sorts of parking and access restrictions.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Our family of three including our 12 year old son just returned from a two week trip to Italy. During our stay in Rome, we were lucky to have stayed at the Hotel Art. The location of the hotel could not have been better. Hidden on a very chic side street, the Hotel Art was so convenient, quiet,minutes away from the Spanish Steps and close to the best shopping in Rome. The hotel is very contemporary, comfortable, warm and spotlessly clean. The staff was sophisticated, friendly and accomodating.

We stayed in a two room suite. The beds, pillows and linens were top shelf. The bathroom was a little small and the tub and shower were tricky to get in and out of as the were elevated. There was plenty of room for unpacking and two televisions.The Hotel Art graciously complimented our room with a very elablorate fruit basket that was refilled each day. The breakfast was delicious and was served all morning until 11:00. They charged 6E for a Coke at the bar which I felt was ridiculous but we found a little store a block away that had liters of Coke for 1.5 E which made our son happy.

The Hotel Art was a great find and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2009

This is a wonderfully situated hotel steps from the Piazza de Spagna and Piazza de Popolo on the quiet Via Margutta. Easy access to the Metro line and walking distance to many of the important tourist sites. The Hotel is as much of an art exhibit as it is a hotel.

Hotel staff is willing to assist with all your needs and goes out of their way to make your stay most enjoyable. Recommendations provided for dinner were outstanding.

Nice European Breakfast each morning with fresh fruits, meats and beverages of your choice.

Great first stopping spot during a trip!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I have reviewed this hotel once for our last stay. We just got back from Rome and my husband and I stayed at Hotel Art for a week.
The service is not the same, their attitude has changed and they are not friendly.
The staff are the same as our last stay but they have an unfriendly attitude, the hotel owns one wine opener, the guy at the bar had to come and open our bottle of wine and take the opener with him. The staff don't go out of their way to do somehting for you, when you ask them a question or request information they don't really want to do it, they look like they are pushing themselves. This experience was with the older staff, there were couple of new people which were much nicer and friendlier. The aircondition gets shut off from the front desk, I called from the room to ask them to please turn the air off, they didn't, after five minutes I called again and they guy in front says when I'm finished with what I'm doing I will turn it off. Most the hotels in Rome have breakfast included, so don't get excited about their breakfast, the breakfast used to be great but it's not as good of a quality as it used to be. At the last night of our stay, I requested an address to an Osteria which we had been before, he writes the address down on a post it and I kindly requested to show me where it is in the map and he responded he doens't exactly know where it is, without even asking or wanting to find out. We requsted for a scale to weigh our luggages before leaving, they said we only have two scales which are in our two suites, after an hour and my husband's effort they gave us the scale. It's the little things which make your stay very special. We had to wait for everything, call a few times and they made us feel like if they do somehting for us after our secound call, they are doing us a major favor. You would think that a four star hotel has to give you a good service more than one wine opener and two scales.
Overall the service is just okay, the mojority of staff besides the bell man and two of the new people are just very unfriendly, lazy and their attitude is very poor, I wouldn't stay there again. We go to Europe and especially Italy once a year and this was not a good experience at all, I call it an extremely average experience.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple