“Fantastic place to stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trevi Palace Luxury Apartments

Trevi Palace Luxury Apartments
Ranked #227 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Just back from a three night stay here with my sister. It is in a perfect location, really close to the Trevi Fountain. We stayed in the Suite on the ground floor which was lovely and spacious. The beds are sectioned off from the seating area and TV. There is also a kitchen area with table and chairs. The minibar was complimentary and refilled so we had cold water to take out with us each day. The only downside to being on the ground floor was we heard street noise up until 11pm each night. The breakfast was simple but we enjoyed it. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had use of the spa and a free massage which we went to Navona Palace for. The massage was good, although the spa was very basic, it would have been better if there was a jacuzzi. I will stay in this hotel again and I would recommend it as it made our trip very comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Staffordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

A great little find from lastminute.com two days before we travelled. The room was modern and absolutely immaculate, everything as it should be. Before we arrived we emailed them to arrange a couple of reservations and they were dealt with straight away by the helpful staff.
The breakfast was just what was needed and the espresso was good and strong...
The bed was too hard for both of us which made it a little uncomfortable for my pregnant wife and the air conditioning was somewhat lacking in power and made the early evenings a little uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Altos Hills, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

We booked our stay for three people at the Trevi Palace months in advance. I even called the hotel to confirm the booking for 3 people.

Days before our stay, I received an email saying that I will be charged an extra 50 Euros for the third person. Then to make matters worse, I received a second email telling me that my booking was cancelled because my credit card did not go through. I checked with my credit card company and with Visa, who both confirmed that there was no denial of any charges to the original card that I gave to the hotel. The hotel then told me the day before my arrival that if I still wanted to stay there I would have to pay the current rate, which was an additional 50 Euros per night.

This was nothing more than a "bait-and-switch" on the rate that I was originally given and which was confirmed by email. Of course, I had no choice but to pay a higher rate, as all hotels rates were now higher.

While the accommodation were good, and the hotel staff pleasant, I would not stay there again.

Also, it is too close to the Trevi fountains and all the traffic and tourists that come with it.

Room Tip: Stay a little further away from the action and avoid the congestion. I don't have any advice on...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank DBoy94022
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed for 3 nights late June and it was very hot. At first we were given a small ground floor suite and after we complained that the air-conditioner didn't work we were moved 2 floors up to a better & bigger apartment. After we moved we were then told the air-conditioning system wasn't working in any room! A great location as it was a short walk to Trevi Fountain (visit in the morning as less crowded) but only stay at the apartments when you don't need cooling.Breakfast good.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

I was very excited to stay here as this was my trip to Rome. It says that it is a Luxury Apartments; which is untrue. They are not luxurious and they are not apartments. We had a "Deluxe Family Room". There was a king sized bed, and 3 feet from it was a couch which makes into a single bed. There was no where to put your luggage, a few small drawers. The air conditioning was out most of the first day; no fan in the room. They had no ice, which they did not have for the full 4 days. There was a mini refrigerator, which they put a couple of bottles of water and a soda, 2x out of 4. They control the air conditioner and had to have it turned back on several times while we were in the room. 3rd day; we returned from sight seeing and had purposely left the do-not-disturb sign on the door. They had gone in, made one bed, left the towels and garbage on the floor. Threw the pillows on the bed; turned off the A/C off and opened the windows. It has been 95-98 degrees in Rome. The bath was OK, but there is no chromotherapy massage shower head. Every time we asked or told them that something wasn't working; we were told we are sorry; they only speak Italian and shrug of the shoulders and say that they were working on it; or would send a technician, or tell someone and there was never a response. On the 3rd afternoon; air conditioning not working yet; I over heard the manager telling patrons who were checking in that the AC was out and they not know when it would be back on. They were offered a free taxi ride to their sister hotel; which was approximately 10 minutes away. We were not given that courtesy. - I went down to the "Spa" which was included in the stay. The Sauna and Steam room were both out of order, the elevator was out of order; and we were not told that our room was only accessible by going up a spiral staircase; which was very narrow and poorly lit. There is no lighting for that stairway at night. The spa was not occupied by anyone; I was offered a massage which I accepted but there was only one time in 4 days that I could have it. The girl that gave me the 30 minute massage was quite good; and that was the best part of our stay. We paid 880 euros plus Rome City tax 6 euro/day for a cramped room with barely any A/C and did not meet even a 3 star hotel rating. Do not go by pictures ever - and as the hotel is only 50 meters from the Trevi Fountain; you will have to squeeze through a sea of people every time you exit the hotel. Stay away from the crowded areas, the food is all the same and extremely over-priced. The beggars and individuals selling trashy items every two steps is also very annoying. We have asked for some satisfaction from the on-line booking company; I hope that they come through for us.

Room Tip: Read many reviews before choosing; and give an honest review when you get the opportunity. This is...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Trish1957
Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

My sister treated my husband and I to 2 nights here at the beginning of our first visit to Rome. We were not disappointed. The room was lovely and has not one but 2 personal roof terraces. The first had a table and chairs, the second 2 sofas. Perfect for sunbathing. The bathroom was amazing - the shower was very luxurious with buttons to make water come from all angles and different coloured lights. The sound system impressed my husband and the breakfast was good. The best thing was the location. Just round the corner from the Trevi Fountain and lots more that Rome has to offer. Perhaps a little on the expensive side but definitely worth a stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lawyer13
Hull, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

The trevi palace was a fascinating hotel as the location was brilliant, being so close to the trevi fountain, right in the centre of Rome. It advertises itself as a 5* hotel, although the room my girlfriend and I were allocated was a modern 3* at best. Looking through the pictures of the hotel some of the rooms looked fantastic so at €160 a night being given a pokey room was frustrating. I am currently staying at a travelodge at manchester airport writing this review. The furnishings are nothing compared to the lavish trevi palace although being sat in this room I feel somewhat ripped off by the palace. The room here is bigger and the TV is free with more hangers for clothing and a more comfy bed. The room I stayed in was called "Gianbologna" so I recommend avoiding this one. The air con broke for a day and a half also and the sleeping was torture although I assume this was just a blip. However I cannot take anything away from Rome as the city is AMAZING. The architecture is fantastic and I strongly recommend a visit to this city from anyone. Walk everywhere, to take all the city in, as everything is within walking distance including the Vatican. For the price of this hotel however, I recommend this place for location alone. The lack of satisfaction from the hotel room took nothing away from the holiday however, as we spent most of the time exploring the city and used the hotel only as a base and somewhere to get our head down. I have fell in love with Rome and would definitely return, however not using this hotel. On and end note the breakfast tasted nice, with 2 cereals bacon and scrambled egg and many little sweet cakes and breads but for a 5* seemed limited.

• Stayed June 2012