“Highlight of My Trip!!!”

Teatro dell'Opera di Roma
Book In Advance
More Info
US$118.88*
and up
Rome Uncovered: A Fully Private Walking Tour Through the Most Iconic Places of...
Ranked #179 of 1,761 things to do in Rome
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I would not have done this at home but one of the people I met mentioned she was going to see the ballet, Sleeping Beauty, at the opera house. When I inquired how much the tickets were I could not believe how inexpensive they were ($18 euro and up). I bought one of the 18euro tickets and off we went. To see such a spectacular performance in this magnificent venue was overwhelming. The opera house is a beauty to behold and being from Canada we don't have a venue that compares. The costumes were beautiful and the music wonderful. I loved it so much I went back on the Sunday for the matinee performance. (Only 12 euros)

2  Thank Kathie M

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The relative simplicity of the facade does not prepare you for the magnificent interior of this opera house with it's many tiers. Sight lines are very good and although modifications have reduced overall seating numbers, this still leaves spaces for over a thousand opera goers enjoying such improvements as full air conditioning. The building was well attended on the day we had booked and it would be a disaster if the Opera succumbed to the severe financial pressures that we understand at present exist. The Teatro is centrally place in the city, very near to the Repubblica metro station and there are many bars,restaurants and coffee shops nearby to add a further dimension to the visit. The evening was excellent and this Opera House and it's company is very worthy of support.

3  Thank bsandrs
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Even though we were staying just opposite of the Opera Theatre we could not see the show due to short of time and unavailability of ticket. We could have purchased the ticket online earlier. It is learned that the performances are excellent.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We booked online from the UK to see Maometto II early April '14 and enjoyed the whole experience immensely. The booking was no real problem once I'd been through the usual business of registering and sorting out an account. The seats I finished up with were extremely good, the box equivalent of the Grand Tier at Covent Garden but at half the price. As it turned out we were the only ones in the box and had perfect view. The acoustic in this opera house is very good indeed.
It is difficult to understand why Maometto II is so rarely seen, certainly in the UK. This production was stunning visually with a strong (almost) all Italian cast and kept us mesmerised for 3.5 hours.I'd certainly recommend Teatro dell'Opera to anyone visiting Rome and it will be a priority on my nest visit.

2  Thank LinershWood
Reviewed 14 April 2014

It was easy to get tickets at the box office and the performance was amazing!! The acoustics of the place truly enhanced and amplify their voices. I watched Maometto II.
Although I didn't understand Italian, I could still understand what the characters were feeling and doing. I wikipedia-ed the story during intermission and could follow the 2nd Act easily.

2  Thank Karynn-YH-Tan