“very bad experience”

Bed & Breakfast Rhome86
Ranked #392 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We did not have a good experience with rhome86, which is disappointing because we had booked it due to the good reviews here on tripadvisor.
My wife and I had booked for only one night, where we requested, and received confirmation, that we would be arriving at 9am. After a 40 hour transit from Aus via HK, we arrived to be told that there was no room ready, AND that they had booked us in for one person in a single room. We were told that the room would not be ready until later that afternoon, to which we questioned why the room wasn’t ready. We were told check in time was 2pm, so we showed them the email confirmation we had printed saying we would be there at 9am. This obviously didn’t change the fact that the rooms were already occupied by other guests. We were told we could leave our bags and wander Rome for 6 hours, which was not an appealing option after having taken 40 hours to get there. We asked how early they could have the room available, so she then knocked on the door of one of the guests to ask when he was leaving, which woke him up…I wouldn’t have been very happy if that was me.
My wife then spoke to the owner on the phone, who was very rude and not compromising at all, making us pay the full rate despite the fact that they did not have a room for us. We left and had to book into another hotel around the corner, costing us even further.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William M
Rhome86, Direttore at Bed & Breakfast Rhome86, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Customer,
I am shocked by your review. Nothing of what you have described in it is true. Before explaining to all Tripadvisor’s Users how things really went, I would like to spend a few words to make you think about your behavior. You have hurt my dignity and my professionalism, two qualities I possess and of which I am extremely proud. I wonder why you are being so cruel.
First of all, you never showed up for check-in. Therefore, you have never seen Rhome86. You called me at 8 am from the airport, confirming your early check-in time for 8:30 am. I was very surprised to hear that you expected to take immediate possession of the room. I explained to you that our check-out time is 10 am, meaning that the guests who were occupying your room still had two hours before vacating it. After that, we would have to clean it, so you could enter the room at 11 am. However, I would wait for you, welcome you, take your luggage in deposit, register you, and give you your key already at 8:30 am. This is standard procedure in all hotels, worldwide! You burst into hysterical tears over the phone and announced that you would look for another hotel. In fact, you never showed up at my B&B.
Second of all, in your review there is another lie. I have never riserve a single room for you, as we do not have single rooms, but only doubles.
Thirdly, an early check-in is always possible starting from 8 am, as many travellers fly into Rome early in the morning and our availability is guaranteed. In such cases, we register the guests, they pay for the room and we give them their key. However, considering that check-out time is 10 am and that at that time our staff starts cleaning the rooms, our guests can actually eneter their room around 11 am, even when they have an early check-in.We have never imposed a check-in as late as 2 pm! This is a lie! Why would you write something so untrue?
Also, the fact that you had travelled for 40 hours (where on earth are you coming from, anyway??) is not my business. How else could I help you (beyond granting you an early registration)? I cannot make miracles. I certainly cannot kick out equally paying guests at 7am, in order to allow you to enter your room at 8:30 am, i.e. as soon as you land. I cannot oblige other guests to vacate the rooms ahead of time to clean it and prepare it just for you. I am sorry but it does not work like that! Put yourself in their shoes: would you accept this?
Finally, I am always extremely available and kind, even when my guests have unusual requests or demand extra services. For instance, two days ago a customer asked me to find in his room a bottle of Prosecco and some snacks. This is not standard practice for a B&B manager but I did it.
On the other hand what you were demanding while crying over the phone was impossible. Entering your room at 8:30 to take a shower because you did not want to wait the regular check-in time was a request that I could not accomodate, I am sorry. Your rom was not free and I could not kick out the guests who were occupying it.
I can deal with everything, except lies and rudeness.
Please, before making up stories and destroying people’s reputation, think twice.
Let me close with a friendly advice. Travelling should help us get away and relax, get to know different cultures and make our life better and richer. Relax and be respectful of good manners if you want a peaceful life.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had a very pleasant stay with Antonio...he makes this B&B successful The breakfast is nutritional and ample. Antonio sees to all all your needs. The rooms are comfortable but not extravagant. Unfortunately the toiletries are non existent and the linens are adequate. However that did not deter us from enjoying the ambiance, Antonio's company and his advice on sightseeing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I only stayed for one night but was very pleased. Good location, wonderful and friendly staff. I arrived at midnight and Antonio kindly organized a driver to pick me up from the airport. The girl that was waiting at the B&B was very kind and gave me a map and travel tips for the next day, despite the late hour. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Was our first visit to rome and could not ask for a better place to stay.The place was clean and tastefully decorated with continental breakfast and a very reasonably priced minibar.Central location to to all the landmarks ,metro,train station and restaurants.The owner antonio was very helpful with our entire stay.Would recommend to anybody that is needing a place to stay in rome

TDotson

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Rhome86, Direttore at Bed & Breakfast Rhome86, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Thank you for your kindness, a couple very classy.
As I say always, Rhome86 is not perfect but I am working to improve step by step.
Thanks!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

My husband, teenage daughter and I stayed one night at the B&B. We had taken the train from Florence and found it easy walking distance from Termini station. Antonio was very friendly, arranged a private car for us to the airport for the next morning for a fare that was cheaper than a taxi, and got up early to make us breakfast so we could catch an early flight. The B&B is walking distance to the Colliseum and other sites. The B&B has noise-proof windows which really work, air conditioning, and is immaculate. Also - the decor was adorabe. All for an excellent rate. We highly recommend it and would go back again. Thank you Antonio for being a wonderful host!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the triple which was small, but had areas to store our things out of the way. Very comf...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Rhome86, Manager at Bed & Breakfast Rhome86, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Oh my dear, what a wonderful surprise is for me to read your review...
what I read is a source of positive energy, and now I need people like you in my modest accommodation, because I must go to work each day even if I am gravely ill because of a bad accident happened last week...
Your words help me to heal faster...
Thanks a lot, great family!
To people coming: I apologize in advance if the service were to suffer some limitations during the time of your stay. Apologies for the inconvenience, I will be fine at the end of May

Reviewed 31 March 2013

This is the second time i have stayed here and the improvements made to the windows have made such a difference to the noise! It is a lovely clean b& b and Antonio is a fantastic host and very helpful. The b&b itself is next to a metro station making it a great choice for anyone visiting rome and there are some lovely restaurants nearby. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Sunnymummy
Rhome86, Manager at Bed & Breakfast Rhome86, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

YOU are lovely, not me! Sergio told me about you last summer, and I couldn't think you are so nice, funny and friendly!!!!
thanks for choosing us!

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Definitely recommended : convenient location (Termini and major attractions within walking distance), clean and modern rooms (designed creatively, not like all others same, same b&b), kind and attentive host (Antonio, tkanks for the tips and Q&A sessions ;-)).
I'm regular in Rome (the food, the sights :)) and this B&B is really one of the best you can get !

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bluemelon
Rhome86, Manager at Bed & Breakfast Rhome86, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

thanks a lot for your review, it's not true that all is perfect...but we are getting better and we are improving comfort and services (step by step, we will not stop our project in progress!) and most of all... my english is very bad (I am going to study in an english school...).
Your presence has given to the Rhome86 an atmosphere more gentle and elegant! thank you so much.