“My Favorite Photo EVER taken”
Review of Colle Aventino

Private Tour: Breathtaking Views of Rome
Ranked #47 of 1,536 things to do in Rome
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“My Favorite Photo EVER taken”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We didn't go to the Avenitne Hill but went to the Keyhole at the Piazza of the Knights of Malta which is close-by. Seeing the heading of this review page, I had to leave feedback on the key hole. We walked from the Vatican to the keyhole...not a short trek and I wouldn't recommend it. But we did it and came upon the piazza. There is nothing to it...just gates that were closed and one lonely food truck. If I didn't see other people looking at the keyhole, I would not have known where to find it. But once we waited our turn, it was AMAZING! Truly breathtaking at the line up of the keyhole and the view on the other side. I was in total awe of the view. Being a lover of photography, I had to figure out how to photograph it. Other reviews said you can't properly photograph it because of the light/dark contrast that is too great to overcome with typical cameras. I tried and got several good ones but ended up doing some post processing of the photo to get it PERFECT! I enlarged the photo and it now hangs in my home with fond memories of our LONG walk up to the keyhole and the rare opportunity to see such an amazing view. We also saw a tour of segways ride up to the keyhole so there is a tour that goes there. If not, take a taxi up, have the driver wait, and enjoy the keyhole for a few minutes. You will not be disappointed if like out of the ordinary places to visit that aren't tourist traps!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lhoot352

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
California
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“It only takes one minute to appreciate...but totally worth it.”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We walked from the metro station for about 30 minutes or more and even had to walk uphill to finally find this simple keyhhole. Yet it only took a minute to appreciate what is behind the keyhole but oh wow! It was totally worth the walk! Such a beautifully orchestrated image! Or was it by pure chance that the keyhole revealed such a vision? Love it.

Visited November 2013
Huntsville texas
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“beautiful area”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

nice are for strolling with hidden finds of churchs with much history. Detailed Guide book a good reource, many of the churchs and old monestarys a unbelievable works in process with active restortations teams working and eager to share the projects goals.

Visited April 2014
Jerusalem, Israel
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Gorgeus views of the Vatican from the Hill”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Was one of my favorites spots in Roma. Very beautiful neighborhood. And yes - the "key hole" is there, Combine with a nice walk from Circus Maximum to Aventine. It's up-hill.

Visited April 2014
firenze
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Rome from a different point of view”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

If it is not the first time you're in Rome and you're willing to see the city from a different, magic point of view, reach the Colle Aventino and you'll be surprised.....gardens, churches and through the lock on the portal of S. Alessio Church you'll admire a long path of trees ending with the Dome of the Vatican!Don't miss the rose-garden at the foot of the Colle! A stroll through flavours, silence and wonderful colors!

Visited June 2013