“Italian Open 2013”

Ranked #162 of 1,885 things to do in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I was in Rome in May and I picked up a "Where" magazine and it mentioned that the Italian Open was held at the Foro Italico. I went to the Vatican in the morning and saw Pope Francis and then a took a bus to Foro Italico. I bought my ticket for the fifth row and I got to see the women's and men's finals. I saw Serena Williams vs Victoria Azarenka...and Rafael Nadal vs Roger Federer!!! Great venue for tennis!! Had a great time!!

4  Thank KimmieRN

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Definitely the best place to see a tennis tournament. The grounds are spectacular, it was very well organized and you're not getting fleeced the whole time! Even prefer it to Wimbledon!

6  Thank Carlo R
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I am a single traveler in Rome and I love Rafa Nadal from Spain, well the Italian open just happens to be in Rome right now during my stay. so I got a map ask 6 people for directions all gave me different answers, Walked from the Trevie Fountain to the Piazza del ppopolo crossed the main road and took the train/ metro number 2 direction Massimo got off and walked to the Foro Italia... across a beautiuful Bridge in the the Foro..
Everyone was helpful went to the ticket office and the young lady spoke English bought the ticket when in and sat in a fabulous location in the stadium and watched three matches! The usher were great all dressed in suite and young and helpful , bathrooms were clean, food was good and beet was Corona! The Sponsor my favorite from Mexico over all great day and experience! I recommend it!

7  Thank Patsy C
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We have just visited this venue for the Rome Masters Tennis. It is situated 20 mins bus ride ( Route 32) from Ottaviano Metro. The park itself is well maintained and spacious. Apart from the 2 main courts you can sit on any of the other courts and move around at will. There is the usual array of fast food and shopping opportunities without the crowds of Wimbledon in a lovely setting. The only difficulty is getting back to the centre of Rome since the buses are very crowded and it is better to get a Taxi ( get a price first) or if fit put your best foot forward - 1/2 hour to the Vatican area where there are plenty of cafes and bars.

4  Thank ros75
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Musolini did it in the early XX century for the olympic games but is not that kind of place you go visit unless you are really into spots.The bas-reliefs of the italian workers sum up the efforts made to build it up.

1  Thank Massimo B