Hotel Fori Imperiali Cavalieri
US$429
US$408
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationcolosseum and forum romanumaround the cornervia cavourroof terraceside streetmetro stationancient romesmall roomwalking distance to the colosseumair conditioningscrambled eggs and baconpastriesquiet streetminute walksingle roompiazza venezia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed in Rome for 1 week at this hotel. First had a 4th floor room solo - small room with a double bed - and a nice balcony. Updated bathrooms. Second - a superior double. Larger room with two twin beds when my daughter joined me. Only problem with this room was the shower. The shower was very small - The door to the shower was very very small. I had to squeeze in sideways to get in. Typical European breakfast. Very accommodating staff. Helped with cars, a change in airplane etc. I had a deal with free minibar which was nice - though fridge wasn't very cold I'd get a small amount of ice from the lobby bar for a bed time coke. They also provided a liter of water daily since I didn't like the minibar water. Decent air conditioning, an elevator and a rooftop sitting area complete the picture. The location was excellent. Though on a small 'alley' the hotel was only a 5 minute walk to the Colloseo Metro. Which made it close to the Colosseum, Roman Forum etc. and not too far from all of the other main city cites and major shopping areas. A number of decent restaurants surround the area and the main dining area of Trastavere is a short cab ride away. A good place to stay to see all of Rome.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GeneG547
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This 24-room hotel is ideal on most every level. First, the location can't be beat! It's in the middle of everything, yet it's quiet and has a calm feel to it. Next, rooms were very quiet and beds comfortable.
Third, the small staff is personable and incredibly helpful. We were victims of pickpocketing, and Andreo made innumerable calls for us to straighten out our situation. He went WAY beyond what a desk clerk normally would, even comforting us, while giving wisdom and working to help us without having been asked.
Paolo was also helpful, looking up information for me, and finding places on the internet for me so I could research them.
Pietre (sp?), which is Peter in English, was an exuberant and kind staffer who administered the breakfasts.
All of these people were genuinely concerned for the hotel guests. It made such a difference.
After writing all this, maybe I should say that to me, if the staff is "there for you" so to speak when you're in a pinch, I don't mind a few inconveniences. When our toilet didn't seem to be working, Paolo checked on it immediately. And even though the rooms were small, and there were no washcloths (that seems to be typical in Europe?), we didn't mind becauase we felt tended to.
When we arrived, at 9 am, our room wasn't ready, so they offered for us to wait 2 hours on the couches. I'm sure we looked funny, all sleeping there, but they kept offering us water, and weren't the least impatient with us.
The breakfast was very nice. Peter even brought me Italian hot chocolate with my breakfast (it's not sweet).
There is a white remote control that is given to you at check-in---it regulates the room temperature. If they don't give it to you, ask for it.
A piece of advice to the management of Fori Imperiali Cavalieri: When you make new hires, compare them to the qualities of your present staff and make sure they come up to that standard. If you will do that, you will always have a superb hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TwinMomAlabama
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

located walking distance to the Colosseum / Forum / Pantheon / Trevi Fountain. It's also near the underground metro (Colesseo) stop. Rooms are clean and have everything you need. My room didn't have air conditioning but I slept with the windows open and it was perfect. The breakfast downstairs is traditional European and is the perfect start to your day. The hotel staff was friendly and spoke English well. The front doors do lock after hours and you have to ring a bell to gain access to the lobby for added security. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Trojan_traveler13
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed in Fori for 2 night on our return back to Rome and I wish we would have stayed there the previous time. It is very quite and is only one street away from the Forum and Colosseum. The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms are a great size. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Rome.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allen G
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights and were very impressed.

The hotel is located in a tiny side street which is easy enough to find with the help of a decent map and is only a couple of minutes walk from The Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.

We had a room on the first floor and it was fine. Not too small and had a really good sized bathroom. The bed was very comfortable but we could have done with another pillow (which I'm sure the hotel would have given us had we asked!)

Breakfast was very nice. Fresh coffee, scrambled eggs, pastries, meat, cheese and lots of freshly baked goodies from the family bakery.

The hotel staff were very friendly and spoke excellent English (not that they should have to!)

The real highlight of this hotel is the roof terrace which doesn't seem to be advertised too much. It's worth getting the lift to the 4th floor and enjoying a beer whilst watching Rome go about its business. You can even see The Colosseum!!

The only negative would be that the hotel isn't particularly well sound proofed so we could here quite a lot of nocturnal goings on throughout the building. It doesn't detract too much from the overall stay though as I was so tired, I could have slept through pretty much anything.

Room Tip: Maybe 4th floor to be nearer the roof terrace.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple